Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UNREAL TOURNAMENT ENGINE 3 COMMENTS

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Hi ppl has anyone tried the new unreal tournament 3 engine it looks amazing
its rated by some ppl mind blowing best graphics ever! you need a 64 bit processor  duel core to run it and a nvidia geforce 7900 PCIE to run the thing i think it will blow the ps3 version out of the water does anyone think the same?
imageimage

Comments

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      I always prefer fps games on the pc so yes it will :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• RekiemRekiem Member UncommonPosts: 39
    ofc it will image

PLZ CHOSE THE MEH FOR SPELB0rNe BETAZ KTHKXGUDBYE

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I agree.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I don't care about the engine, give me gameplay.

• RekiemRekiem Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by Ranma13
    I don't care about the engine, give me gameplay.

couldnt puted it better image

PLZ CHOSE THE MEH FOR SPELB0rNe BETAZ KTHKXGUDBYE

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      The engine has alot to do with gameplay.  

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by Gorukha
    The engine has alot to do with gameplay.

You stole my response!!!

The engine is comprised of a lot more than the graphics, the graphics are merely a sector of the engine.

While most engines put all these into one nice package, unreal engine is smarter, and have them all in separate packages.

What I mean by this is: If you want just the graphics engine, it's a stand alone, if you want the sound, it's stand alone, the physics, the mapping engine, everything.

Basically, the engine is everything, not just the graphics. So yes, the engine IS the game in every way. The gameplay is simply how the creators choose to use what is at their disposal...

Say Half-Life and Counter-Strike. They both work in the same engine, meaning they are both one and the same. Yet, they are totally different....

So rather than saying we don't want the engine to be good, say we want the engine to be amazingly open-ended so that the game has endless possibilities!

And that is my random tangent of the day.

• UnrealSWATUnrealSWAT Member Posts: 186
    Actually last time I checked you only needed a geforce 5700LE for minimum I thought image

Also you need a 3.2ghz cpu for recommended.

For great gaming use SLi or crossfire and an AMD cpu with Corsair memory

ATI can use shaders with antialiasing which is something that NVIDIA graphics cards cant last time I checked.

UnrealSWAT

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by UnrealSWAT
    Actually last time I checked you only needed a geforce 5700LE for minimum I thought imageAlso you need a 3.2ghz cpu for recommended.For great gaming use SLi or crossfire and an AMD cpu with Corsair memoryATI can use shaders with antialiasing which is something that NVIDIA graphics cards cant last time I checked.UnrealSWAT

Only if you are looking at the 5000 series... talk about 3 generations of graphics cards ago ::::12::

Anyone with a 5000 series or below seriously needs an upgrade. The 5700 barely plays WoW, let alone the Unreal 3 Engine.

• LordLOCLordLOC Member Posts: 124

The only people who are going to be trying the UE3 technology anytime soon are console gamers.

Gears of War comes out in a few days, and the game looks amazing. Period. There's also RoboBlitz coming to Xbox Live Arcade (for 360) and PC on Steam shortly as well. But GoW is the first UE3 engine game to be released.

You do not need a 64-bit processor/dual-core to play any UE3 engine game, nor do you need a 7900 series card. The engine scales down fairly well for lower end hardware and will be playable on a 5900 card minimum I believe.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

GRRRRRRR..pfft to anyone who dareth say bad things about this engine :D

This engine is phenominal,we need some real large companies putting out extensive efforts with this engine.Problem is sony will cater to there ps3 and blizzard wont go out an pay for a engine,Microsoft for sure wont pay for the engine to develope a game,so were left with giants like WEBZEN who will put out 20 games in a year.That will pretty much sum up the effort they put into there games.I doubt there is an engine out there that is getting as close to realistic physics as this one is.

The future of gaming will take a giant leap when games are all using realistic physics and effects for damaging different parts of the body.Leg damage your slowed/arm damage you cant fire a weapon/tripping/falling/deflection/all sorts of ideas involving physics.I'm a guess this engine will be used in setting the new standards for gaming.

Of course there will still be the little rip off artists who will put out a garbage game but offer a dragon mount or  tons of player customizations  to sell to anyone with half a mind.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LordLOCLordLOC Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by Wizardry

GRRRRRRR..pfft to anyone who dareth say bad things about this engine :D
    This engine is phenominal,we need some real large companies putting out extensive efforts with this engine.Problem is sony will cater to there ps3 and blizzard wont go out an pay for a engine,Microsoft for sure wont pay for the engine to develope a game,so were left with giants like WEBZEN who will put out 20 games in a year.That will pretty much sum up the effort they put into there games.I doubt there is an engine out there that is getting as close to realistic physics as this one is.
    The future of gaming will take a giant leap when games are all using realistic physics and effects for damaging different parts of the body.Leg damage your slowed/arm damage you cant fire a weapon/tripping/falling/deflection/all sorts of ideas involving physics.I'm a guess this engine will be used in setting the new standards for gaming.
    Of course there will still be the little rip off artists who will put out a garbage game but offer a dragon mount or  tons of player customizations  to sell to anyone with half a mind.

Er, there are literally 100 games coming out in the next 18 months that use UE3. EA is using the engine, Sony is going to wind up using it (EQ3?) and other large companies already use it. Ubisoft, for one.

Besides, the Source engine does physics just as good as UE3 does them, UE3 offers nothing revolutionary physics wise that another engine can't already offer or do down the road. :)

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756
    I'm looking forward to Lineage 3 which will feature this engine. Lineage 2 already features the Unreal Engine out there.