Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did you log out the last time?

VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

I had a shop on the edge of the no-build zone outside of Coronet that was my main source of interest. Before I finally quit, I had decided to log out on a hill between Coronet and that shop. With my back to Cnet, I wanted to gaze over the water and at the site where the structures that were my SWG world used to stand. It seemed a fine place to die.

A couple days before finally making my exit, I made one final transaction. There was a new player city starting up on Naboo that was having some funding troubles. I gave the town and every citizen a little boost financially. They were grateful and put up a statue for me outside the town hall. That seemed like a fitting headstone so I switched my plan, closed my eyes and faded into oblivion right there.

How about you guys? Any special spot or ritual... or did you simply log out with the intention of coming back but never did?

Comments

• BrentmeisterBrentmeister Member Posts: 79
    Outside my home on the outskirts of Theed. I was looking at my pets in the datapad, relics of times gone by and professions axed in the pursuit of the dual gods of "star warzy" and "iconic." image

There's free love on the Freelove Freeway.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Under the big crystal fountain in Bela Vistal.

I used to do deliveries between Kor Vela and Bela Vistal for hours on end to make a whopping 1100cr at a time. I remember the day I made enough cash to buy that swoop I had my eye on (30,000cr).

I logged out there, in honor of that simpler time.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Here lies Joe Brown...He didn't keep his head down. image

I logged out in an empty shop tent outside Anchorhead. Nothing special really.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295

I logged out inside my house in the city Valley of Death, outside Bestine.

"Tomb of Eruptor Dustlighter, now a Jedi with a flashlight"

• meakersmeakers Member Posts: 38
    The empty village of me and my friends Assassins Prime, just outside Karen, the most beautiful city on Naboo.
  • ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978

I had 2 accounts with active characters both on Naritus.

Account #2 was begun in January 2005. I had just started a new job for way more money and decided to treat myself to a 2nd account, so I could play an alt but still hang with my Naritian friends. The alt was Katja Starshine. She was a CH/TKA. I had a blast with her... until ROTW/CU. Then I found her to be a lot less fun. Her creatures were nerfed to hell. I ended up having to give up CH and make her Sword/TKA to have any sort of chance in combat. Having done that, she was pretty workable in battle, but I hated the CU combat system. After struggling to get used to it, I cancelled her account in August 2005, after a mere 8 months. Katja had lived in Kor Spera, our guild's player town in western Corellia. To make space on the town grid, I picked up her house, biked 1,000 m from city hall (far enough that further growth would not envelop it), and planted it in the wild. I then walked into the house, made my main alt an admin, and logged out.

Account #1 was begun in July of 2003. I wanted to try out the game doing something that I thought would go easy on my modest amount of RAM and my dial-up connection (at the time), so I started an Entertainer, figuring it would be a throw-away character. I named her Dejah Thoris, after the Edgar Rice Burroughs character. She was a twi'lek dancer. I ended up falling in love with the character (not literally of course, but I liked playing her), and enjoying entertainment so much that I didn't bother for 1.5 years to make up any alts. I played Dejah as my primary character from July 29, 2003, until the day the NGE went live (Nov 15 of last year I believe). On that day, like with Katja, I picked up Dejah's house to make space in the town, and drove out to where Kat's house was. I then planted Dejah's house right next to it, walked inside both houses, took everyone off admin (friends etc) on both, and then, after writing a sad good-bye to my guild and saying farewell to those who were online at the moment, I logged out, again, with the character inside her own house.

C

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978

Originally posted by meakers
    The empty village of me and my friends Assassins Prime, just outside Karen, the most beautiful city on Naboo.

A Keren.

My dancer manned Keren Cantina on Naritus from August 2003 until Jan 2004, when nobody was using public cantinas anymore (thanks to player owned ones).

I loved that city. Best one in the game. :)

C
  • dookseiddookseid Member Posts: 282
    I logged out in my bunker house in Shrine Lake on Dantooine,  lying prone on my blistmok skin rug, sprawled in front of the fireplace,  holding my Jabba the Hutt action figure....
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I put on Scout clothing (OK the color scheme was a little different, and these were BE'd), euipped a CDEF pistol, and logged out in front of Tyrena starport, where I started.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by CasualMaker
    I put on Scout clothing (OK the color scheme was a little different, and these were BE'd), euipped a CDEF pistol, and logged out in front of Tyrena starport, where I started.

lol, I still have my old Marksman clothes. I should have done the same in Mos eisley. Then if I came back I could have run around and been like, "can someone train me marksman 0020 ?" "how do I get Jedi" "what does this melon do?" image now that I think of it, all my toons on other servers are still pre-cu noobs with all the noob stuff.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rollnstnsrollnstns Member Posts: 53

In the Moenia Cantina on Naboo.

I met my best IG friend there, we met 6th night after launch. The place was packed. We spent an hours talking about how big the game was, and battled a Faamba that someone kited into town. 30-40 plus players, taking this thing down.

I just stopped in to wait until the NGE Storm stops. Then I'll log back in and be on my way.

"PRE-CU FTW!!! A more elegant game, for a more civilized time"

• Boomer2080Boomer2080 Member Posts: 6
    the last time i was logged into swg was nov 16 or 17. man...it's been so long ago i'm not sure if i remember exactly where i logged off(people tend to forget things during a traumatic eventimage).  i do remember thinking there's NO WAY this will last a week...so i logged off...been waiting for my game to come back ever sinceimage

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Boomer2080
    the last time i was logged into swg was nov 16 or 17. man...it's been so long ago i'm not sure if i remember exactly where i logged off(people tend to forget things during a traumatic eventimage).  i do remember thinking there's NO WAY this will last a week...so i logged off...been waiting for my game to come back ever sinceimage
    The 1st time I canclled I really put alot of thought in how I spent my last days in game and where I logged out for the "final time. Just this last time, with the free trial, I just logged out anywhere, after the 2nd day of limitted play time. I had though of logging in again before the trial was over, but got caught up playing the CoH free trial, and forgot. So who knows where my I left my toons? And sadly I really don't care that much anymore.

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    Eh, never logged my main in after NGE, I think it was my entertainer alt, fairly low level, and after a last look around town I logged him out in Coronet cantina.

• CerethCereth Member Posts: 23

Several months ago I logged back on because I was given a free 30 day trial. I logged on for less than an hour and absolutely could not bare what they had done to the game I loved. I could barely even control my speederbike it was so different. I originally left the game just before the NGE was released and had no idea the game had gotten so bad.

I logged off for the last time outside of my friend's house on Dantooine. We had large guildhalls right next to each other overlooking a lake. He had just recently passed away so it seemed like a fitting place for my character to end his existence.

As one last slap in the face, his house had been condemned and I could not get in to see his place. He had done a lot of wacky decorating and it would have been nice to see it one last time.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    Coronet.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

I'm not quite sure. I left the second time I logged into the NGE.

I'm pretty sure it was at my House, on Lok, Lost Souls, Ahazi Galaxy.

So, I had just moved in to that new Mustafarian Bunker house. Pretty nice house, took me hours to decorate it, and create the bar exactly as I wanted it. I had a housewarming party too, had a decent turnout, 10 or so peeps in and out, I hadn't really publicized it much.

Then, a couple days later, the NGE hit.

I was done. I logged back in, attempting to make it to my house, testing out the combat system, getting my ass handed to me, etc. I make it back. 

I have some friends who had some problems with the expansion, and did not recieve their house, who are signed up for a while longer. I put them on admin, sit down on a nearby couch, Chat for a while with a friend, and then stretch out on the couch and close my eyes for the long night.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    Before the trial is over, I will take Feliis and log him out in the ruins of Antioch, Corellia, his first guild and first city he was ever a citizen of and a militiabothan.

• Unknown888Unknown888 Member Posts: 28
    I tested the combat of NGE a couple of times, found it to be ... utterly TERRIBLE, and logged off in the middle of Dantooine.

I couldn't stand playing more than 45 minutes of it.

• lassiterlassiter Member Posts: 94

Said goodbye to all my friends and guildmates in front of the mirage shuttle on tatooine tempest server assumed the meditated and logged into a new gaming experience, WOW that is, didnt last though,been bumming around a few other games since none catch my attention like swg pre-cu/cu.

• Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

I logged out on the steps of our Guild Hall in the city of Tombstone on the Valkyn server.  I always liked that spot because from the steps of our Guild Hall you could see the buildings of Karen on Naboo.  It really was a great view.  I said good-bye to my friends, and logged out for the last time the day before the NGE went live.

I often wonder if our little city still stands.  It wasnt much, but it was ours.

• TheTookeTheTooke Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by lassiter
    Said goodbye to all my friends and guildmates in front of the mirage shuttle on tatooine tempest server assumed the meditated and logged into a new gaming experience, WOW that is, didnt last though,been bumming around a few other games since none catch my attention like swg pre-cu/cu.

Well well, don't hear much anymore from the 'ol Chaos people. I do miss our old city of Mirage and all of the fun citizens it had running around. Good to hear from an old member. My character "Tookiano Aldente" walked into his tin roof rusted love shack, took a couple of screenshots, sighed briefly, put his saber up under his chin, and pulled the trigger.

I guess it's cleaner than a shotgun. ::::03::

Robots will kill you!

• lassiterlassiter Member Posts: 94
    Hi took, finally found someone from chaos hehheh it took me long enough , wouldnt mind finding furia wista sin jinn and the rest,those were the days hehheh.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    I usually hate SWG vet posts but this is a pretty cool one, I gotta say.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Bestine cantina.  Bria server.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube