Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So have they said anything

As far as huge events go, like will you be able to fight in the battle of minas tirith and huge things like that?  And will it reset if you do so other players can participate aswell?

Archon @ Warhammer Alliance

Comments

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    for your example, no because that location won't be in game at release I believe... aside from that, I'm not sure
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    No, because most people don't own supercomputers that can handle hundreds, if not thousands, of player characters in an area at a time.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    The official forums had a thread on this the other day. I think the consensus was they promise big battles but have not specified what exactly.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Huge epic battles are one of those I'll have to see it to believe it things. In my opinion and experiance every game that has tried anything of the sort, the experiance was not all that in my opinion. It is simply too hard to co ordinate a bunch of MMO players in large groups, too many "Leroys"

I miss DAoC

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Ok, stick with me for this one: Hobbit Zerg Rush. Basically, we can stack Hobbits on top of each other 3 deep for every human or orc. They just rush, when they hit the enemy, they climb over each other.

My guess is there might be a big battle in the works somewhere but I don't know if they'll progress it with the books. I don't know what the overall time frame is but I think its set up before the book timeline so that they have a broader degree of freedom in who they can use and what is going on locally.

• bhwamabhwama Member Posts: 26

In a dev journal yesterday they said they would have 24 player raids. This dev said they wanted to stay away from the 40 man plus  raids. I found the link in the "Is this game going to be for casuals?" thread on the Turbine general discussions board.

It is disappointing to me that this will be "just another raid game", but there doesn't seem to be any other way to design an end game right now. I suppose Middle Earth will be a good setting for raiding though. I didn't want to raid again, but for this game I might, or might not.

For those interested, I don't know how to link, but the dev's name was Ramen, and he talked about raiding in the "Jared Hal Dugas raid diary", on the Turbine board.

• OrionTurbineOrionTurbine Member Posts: 8

Just want to curb misconception here.

Yes, we have added Raids. This does not meant that there only Raids for players at the end game. If you haven't seen the article in CGM this month, you may want to check out the article on Monster Play. In the near future, we'll start revealing more about MP and other systems that will allow more casual players to participate in and enjoy elder levels.

Just wanted to make it clear that the end of the road is not just raiding.

• bhwamabhwama Member Posts: 26

Thanks for the feedback OrionTurbine.

After six years of Raid or Quit mmo's when I see "raid" I tend to lump them all together. It is good to know you are thinking about the players who will not raid in the endgame. From my time playing WoW and EQ, and from browsing those company's boards,  I got a feeling that there are many reluctant raiders in those games other than myself. They are looking for an alternative to raiding. 

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    I don't remember where I read it, but I thought they said there would be a few ways to get the high end loot. Like from rare monster drops, raids, high level quests, etc.

• jessianjessian Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by OrionTurbine
    Just want to curb misconception here.

Yes, we have added Raids. This does not meant that there only Raids for players at the end game. If you haven't seen the article in CGM this month, you may want to check out the article on Monster Play. In the near future, we'll start revealing more about MP and other systems that will allow more casual players to participate in and enjoy elder levels.

Just wanted to make it clear that the end of the road is not just raiding.

Orion can you let us know if their will be some form of skirmishes? what i mean by this, say our band of fearless hobbits were heading out into the wilderness would we come accross.

1) The horse riders? if so would we die instantly.

2) Come accross some orcs on recon patrols?