Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with character creation please.

Alucard44Alucard44 Member UncommonPosts: 5

At first glance, I wanted to choose either a Centaur or a Nephilim. Though after reading some back story, I found I liked the Elves a lot. Problem is, I don't want to be a mage. I want a character with good looking armor, and a sword as a weapon. I want to be effective like that and not gimped. Is that possible for Elves? I was thinking Elven Sentinel but I read that Sentinel's themselves are gimped professions. How about an Elven Crusader? Would that work? Will I be the oddball between other Crusaders or will I be capable to be as successful as them?

If I was to go Elven Crusader, what should my class be? Fighter or Healer? Remember that I mainly want to be a damage dealer, a guy on the frontlines slashing away at the enemies. Being a Crusader alone has some nice abilities for my teammates, though I don't want to miss out on things that I could gain in melee combat as a fighter for more team-helpful abilities like heals and buffs that a healer would get.

This whole thing is too confusing, so many options and not enough information. I just want to start playing but it might take a while before I even reach the character creation screen.

Comments

• KlorinKlorin Member Posts: 37
    Alright, well the way you describe it you want 1 thing, a Bladeweaver. Bladeweaver is an Elven disciple that use swords based off of dex. Warrior being the overall best for this IF you have a good guild to keep you alive/buff you.

Now for soloing Crusader is the best due to there stam/hp % heal and their dmg buff and other nice spells.

Use the elven Silver armor if you can get ahold of it, its the best looking armor in the game.

For a good build go the the Shadowbane forums at chronicle.ubi.com in the warrior or sader section and look up BW or Elf in the search. Kyrre has a nice warrior build and so do many others so if you can find his you will be sitting good.

• Alucard44Alucard44 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    What type of armor is Elven silver armor?
  • SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927
    REROLL!

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Blade Weaver

Dex based sword.  You need to aquire the rune first tho, becasue its your bread and butter for whatever template you use it for (bw sent, bw sader, bw druid, etc).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.