Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Second Life' 3-D Digital World Grows

mrflipmrflip Member Posts: 8

bumped into this story about SL. What really surprised me is that the reporter mentioned 800,000 subscribers?? Is this true?

Link: 'Second Life' 3-D Digital World Grows

Comments

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Total residents as of today on official site: 870,000.

Total number of alts due to Basic Account not requiring a credit-card: Many.

Knowing that free alt-itis means subscribers means jack shit: Priceless.

(also,it's easy to run multiple clients. Just add -multiple to the command line)

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    well it still is good news i guess

• SinfaySinfay Member UncommonPosts: 56

From observation,

70% of people are logged in as a farmer (dance for cash prolly biggest attraction)

10% are at a sex club

10% are doing some type of gambling

8% are building stuff

2% are actually interacting with others.

There were about 9k folks logged on last time I was on. So thats about 180 people who you can actually interact with. From inside the game based on my experience with MMO's it that number seemed about right.

So.. is it growing? Account wise sure. Is it more interactive? Id say its getting less interactive. Is it fun? Not really. Is it neat? sure.

• glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

i think quite alot of ppl are at samurai island or bamboo forest or some other samurai places like me

i think samurai are kings!!!!!imageimage

or am i just crazy?????image

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Sinfay

From observation,
    70% of people are logged in as a farmer (dance for cash prolly biggest attraction)
    10% are at a sex club
    10% are doing some type of gambling
    8% are building stuff
    2% are actually interacting with others.

There were about 9k folks logged on last time I was on. So thats about 180 people who you can actually interact with. From inside the game based on my experience with MMO's it that number seemed about right.
    So.. is it growing? Account wise sure. Is it more interactive? Id say its getting less interactive. Is it fun? Not really. Is it neat? sure.

You seem to be implying that the only proper thing to do in SL is interact with other people. It is the building aspect, and selling what you make, that interests me about SL. It's unique. I think you're underestimating the amount of people who do interact in SL, too. And there's no doubt that there's been a big increase of new residents recently. The amount of people online at any given moment has doubled in the last few months.
  • glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147
    i think secondlife is one of the bes t mmorpgs i have played although silkroad is also theyre is much to do i will support lindens in hope i am going to be able to be one at a later time .