Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game is still crap isnt it ?

ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

prmissed so much in the hype but it is fundamentally flawed.

Seriously dont waste your $$ and more importantly your time on this game - it simply doesnt have enough subscribers or new developments in the pipeline to justifty playing it.

I can imagine if you start playing this game you are going to be absolutely screwed on anything other thna a brand new server.

there are far better games out there so dont lety the hype and bull persuade you over the actual reality of the gameplay.  The user and overall rating are a joke !

Caveat Emptor

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Thank you for pointing out the flaws of this ga...oh wait you didn't.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    I decided to start playing RFO again in between time planning PSU.  I am reinstalling tonight and I hope to give a review of how the game has changed since I last played (at launch).

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by neuronomad
    I decided to start playing RFO again in between time planning PSU.  I am reinstalling tonight and I hope to give a review of how the game has changed since I last played (at launch).
    Ah nice, can't wait.
    I played it at retail launch, lasted 1 month, the PT Grind and the "no-skill PvP" killed me. (Hated how the level difference between you and your target defined your damage output, plus the pot spam system (typically Korean), you just couldn't kill alone a target that's about the same level as you but you got 1 shotted by mages 5 levels above you, yay for Cora Mage, 40% of server pop...).

• focfhefocfhe Member Posts: 1

This game sux

• anti!imac010anti!imac010 Member Posts: 80

Wow. You can't get much more blunt than that. I check out these fourms alot and that's the first i'v seen of such a direct opinion.

I don't know how myself can have an opinion because I have been only playing for about 2 months so far and dont understand all of it yet (I will learn it all! image) But, It's not really that bad of a game but such issues and complaints remind me of all the crap that happend with MxO and the SOE take over. The fealing that "this game sux" and similar statements that come from people who play RFO reminds me of just how bad MxO was when I played it. Granted, the only major MMORPG I have played was MxO and I dont want to compare RFO to MxO becasue they are two completely different games of cource.  But of how people react to such a poorly made game, I suppose, makes me think back of my hatred toward SOE. Ok, yes, again two completely different animals but that's my 2 cents.

So the peole who play RFO alot, can someone tell me how well it's going so far? I'v seen the idea of the server merge and that seems like a bad move on the Dev's part becasue that means that all of the original servers have lost population and they want to combine it to one massive server? All I can think of that is lag. taking several people from different servers and jam packing them on to one huge server is not the best of options if you want to improve the game population and make it more fun for people to get more PvP (I think. In game theroy it would make cense, right?) and so on. But, I hope, in some time it will get better becasue i'm tired of going from one paid MMORPG to another paid MMORPG and find out that it's having issuesimage. (that's it i'm going for free!image  But it's Kind of a downer don't you think?)

Also, has anyone found a good free MMORPG? I have tryed lots but have lost my interest within months even weeks.  I have some of my friends that play a few but they were not really put together well? Maybe some feedback on that?

Oh yes, correct me if im wrong I hate being ignornant.image

Can anyone tell me how to better spend $15? image

• DalzielDalziel Member Posts: 12
    I recently reactivated my subscription to RFO.  I left bc of the grind.  They have reduced the grind, and increased the exp/pt gains. They are currently plannin on merging servers to one server, like in eve.  Im not sure about only allowing one race per server, but I think they will nix that, prolly allow you to choose 3 chars to migrate (as long as names dont conflict) this should make massive chip wars.  Im torn between bel mau and acc.  not sure where i will go, prolly to the less populated of the 2, just for challenge.

IMO its worth a try, graphics are awsome, pvp is good, storyline is good tho not really much RP.  Free trial dont cost you anything so why not give it a try.  make up your own mind about games and dont base them on heresay or people who have not even gotten out of town to make the choice for you.

• bailyesbailyes Member Posts: 188
    Even though I have never played this game, I don't believe that people should be giving such negative feedback about the game. You've got to think about the work that had gone into making this game. Do you think you could make a game half as good as this one by yourself? I'd like to see you try

Bailyes

I'd say Bailyes has a good point there. No one person on their own could make a game like this. I mean these kind of projects take years to put toghether. Part of the probem is the people that kill the game for other people that want to play games like these. It sets them apart who want to play this game or any game for that matter.

"Oh, cool RF Online! I'v been wanting to play this for awhile. Looks like a cool game!"

"Nah, dont waist your time or money on this game 'this game is still crap.'"

"Oh really? Ok. I'll just try another mmo instead..."

"Yea, do that. I'd say go buy World Of Warcraft instead. It's better then this game"

I'v see these kind of killjoys before and also apparently from these fourms as well.

Make your own choice. If you want to buy RF Online, do it if you want. But if somthing like 'this game is still crap isnt't it' and 'Code Masters may very will kill RFO' turn you away then how do you know whats good or whats bad in a game baised on other peoples opinion? It seems to me that just about every game and MMO's more than ever get mixed reviws from everyone: The people, the top game devs, and the game co. that mostly review this kind of thing.

If it's a bad MMO then the devs are not doing their job well: making bad choices, not listening to the gamers , fixing game issues and so on.

But what do you want in an MMO or any other game? Do you expect it to be the most perfect, flawless, uber, kick but game EVER? You can't expect that from anyone. Evey game will have it's ups and down's you just got to accept that the people who make up really good games try very hard to make the gamers happy and keep themselfs in business.

For gaming it's just Kind of a fact of life. image                   

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by anti!imac010

If it's a bad MMO then the devs are not doing their job well: making bad choices, not listening to the gamers , fixing game issues and so on.

But what do you want in an MMO or any other game? Do you expect it to be the most perfect, flawless, uber, kick but game EVER? You can't expect that from anyone. Evey game will have it's ups and down's you just got to accept that the people who make up really good games try very hard to make the gamers happy and keep themselfs in business.

For gaming it's just Kind of a fact of life. image

you see tho, heres the problem with this logic... RF Online has been out in korea LONG before it ever touched the states. Yes, i agree with you, if you dont like it move on... but the problem with RF is that none of its CORE problems have EVER been fixed. Mainly the lack of balance between the races. "Giant mechs! i can play mech warrior... ONLINE!" "Cora summons... it can be like Final Fantasy without the stupid level loss!" different classes and different races have been abused, unbalanced and disrupted. CM knows this, the player base knows this.

Yes, no game can be perfect and i dont expect it to, but at least get the core of the game down.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

Yes, no game can be perfect and i dont expect it to, but at least get the core of the game down.

But isn't part of, if not most, of the core issues the Devs fault? Why is the game going down hill then? You say that none of its core issues have ever been fixed. If that's true then then as I said before the people that are incharge of games are not doing their job right. Why are there so many complaints? Is it becasue its Korean and people need to shovel $15 a month to a game that is not worth a singe cent? (But don't get me wrong I have seen a good few that are not so good and have basicly failed but some have done well I have also seen.) But are the more successful games come out of the states? Look at World Of Warcraft or EVE online as a couple of examples. They seem to be doing very well on their own. But is there a downer that because a game is crap, people have to pay to play, and it's all falling apart becasue of the game devs can't fix the proper issues that need to be attended to? Uh, last time I looked that makes sense in the book. I'm just saying though...

Oh yea, kinda messed up the quote sorry about that.

but what i was trying to point out was the fact that even tho no game is flawless and i dont expect one to... but what i was trying to point out was that at least the other games have there shit down. They know what they're doing... these folks on the other hand... well if you cant get the core of your game down then what good is it?

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

Ok, I see your point now. Yes, I fully agree on what you just said. I mean, your right because as sunrider said 'if you can't get the core of your game down then what good is it?' This, IMO, is a more accurate and better statement then some of the other people on these fourms at least. Thats just better then flaming this game.

Games in peril: MxO and RFO.
    Still hate SOE.

• AcidCatAcidCat Member Posts: 9

Just another overhyped underdeveloped MMO that's forgotten about a month after its release.

There seems to be a lot of these lately. You get some hype, screenshots ... then people actually play the game.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. I just thought it was interesting, going down the list of game forums... RF Online! Whatever happened to that...

When it comes to games in general (and I suppose the more of the tricky ones are the online games. I could be wrong though). You should not be really surprised that it's flawed in so many directions or that hopefully its not so less of a problem. I think the patttern is here is that that the MMOs that come out of Korea and expect you to pay a monthly fee are not living up to the Gamers likes. As I said before I have not really seen much of a problem with games like World Of Warcraft. (I can only say little about it becasue my friends play it and I breafly looked at the WoW fourms on this site  just to prove my friends wrong seeing if there was at least something that was wrong with it. It seems to be doing well I found out but i'll give blizard credit though).

Anyway, I have heard of 'no name mmos' that people pay to play them and strongly hate the thing. What I mean by 'no name' is the MMO that arn't excatly main stream. Everyone had heard of WoW, The Matrix Online, Star Wars galaxys, EVE Online, Ever Quest, I know i'm misssing others. But to go on, (well, ok, i'm partly wrong  you can buy RFO at Game Stop, I think.) But you go up to someone and tell them about this game more then likely they will give you a blank look. Mention WoW and they would compleatly know what you want to talk about it and then will go on and tell you how great WoW is. Too bad for us playing RFO that we are trying to enjoy the game and it's having issues due to lack of problems that are going unsolved.

I have been playing free MMO that are right out of Korea. ( I have not seen a free one out of the states, doubt I ever will.) Anyways, games like: Space Cowboy Online and others that I have heard out of from gPotato and Game and Game. (If you don't know what im talking about thoes guys are the ones that have the free Korean MMOs that are supposedly pritty good.) I have not see or heard any negitive comments about thoes. except for the low ratings that are on this site. But other then that it seems that it has been working out well. So, whever then. Try the game first then see if you like it then if you do buy the game and pay the money for it. Otherwise stick to the free ones if you want but dont fuss over a game that you have waisted over and put it on the fourms. Constructive criticism anyone?                                   

Well there are techniclly "free" mmo's in the states if you count guild wars and soon to be a game coming from NCSoft AGAIN (producer of guildwars) called ExTell, which personally i'm counting the seconds till release (which is still given as Q4 06. Google it. if you like giant effing robots this game looks cool.

• ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65

So this game will never stop being bad apparantly?

So this game will never stop having baised opinions apparently?

Originally posted by Sunrider
     a game coming from NCSoft AGAIN (producer of guildwars) called ExTell, which personally i'm counting the seconds till release (which is still given as Q4 06. Google it. if you like giant effing robots this game looks cool.
          I googled it, and I did not see anything was refernced to what game you are talking about. You sure thats what it's called? I'd like to see this game with giant effing robots! image Got some liniks or something?

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by bailyes
    Even though I have never played this game, I don't believe that people should be giving such negative feedback about the game. You've got to think about the work that had gone into making this game. Do you think you could make a game half as good as this one by yourself? I'd like to see you try
    So because you can't make something, you don't have the right to criticize it ? What about Press critics ?

Sure, the devs put time and effort into it, but there's so many Asian MMOs around we're basically helping you by telling you not to waste your time with this piece of crap.

heh. my bad... can we say TYPO? woops.

heres a link for your trouble

Exteel

Originally posted by bailyes

See, let me be honest with you here.

You go to a restraunt. No you've never worked in one, right? But you know what you expect, you know what you want and you know you dont want to have horrible service, right? So you sit down, you order, you get your food. Well you never see your waitress, you sit there for for 30 effing minutes till you get so fed up with how shit is going you say something. Do you have a right to say something? Have you ever worked the job before?

Granted theres a huge difference between the 2 professions the fact is, is that you know what you want and expect the service to be a certin way but when shit just ain't happening... well you've got a right to complain, i mean, you are paying for it all, right?

• tfranklin32tfranklin32 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by focfhe
    This game sux
    Yup!  I'd have to agree!  I quit a while ago and won't be going back.

• madrugamadruga Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by tfranklin32

Originally posted by focfhe

This game sux

Yup!  I'd have to agree!  I quit a while ago and won't be going back.

I played the first month after lunch, never played again, really not my type of game.

-----------------
    Oh well !

• ScamarScamar Member Posts: 5
    Wow, i didnt know the game was that bad i searched info about it. the thing that tops it off is that it is p2p
  • fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186
    quote:  Even though I have never played this game, I don't believe that people
    should be giving such negative feedback about the game. You've got to
    think about the work that had gone into making this game. Do you think
    you could make a game half as good as this one by yourself? I'd like to
    see you try

Just because a lot of work went into it doesn't mean it will be a great game.  As for one of us making a game better than this...irrelevent.  Not all of us are game programmers.  Just like not all are politicians, car dealers, burger flippers. 

We all have our inherent skills.  People give negative feedback from experience.  What your statement says is that we should never critique something unless we have tried to make one too.  We know how to play these games, and that is good enough to form an opinion about it once played.  Granted if it was a considerable time ago, they should say that because things change.  But everyone is entitled when asked to form an opinion.