Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmation

Comments

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Hmm, could somebody be trying to string us along? I wonder.
  • ShucklesShuckles Member Posts: 158

I apologize, here is a CLARIFICAION:

The addresses were verified, the message was verified, but the content is really a fishing expedition on their part.  What they fail to understand is it is WAY TOO LATE.  As far as I know, five people received it, the TO: the CC: and the three recepients.

I am a developer, one other guys is an artist, and the third guy is a story writer.  The only thing we all have in common is a project we are working on.  Which is why I thought it may have been bogus...it isn't.

That is all I am able to give at this time.

Originally posted by Zaush
    Unless while confirming the contents with Smed, he was asked to keep this on the downlow for right now, which I could understand.

Why would he recieve this amazing email in the first place if he was not meant to share it?

Things always seem to get like this (or worse) when Shuckles posts. Just an observation.

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Shuckles
    I apologize, here is a CLARIFICAION:   The addresses were verified, the message was verified, but the content is really a fishing expedition on their part.  What they fail to understand is it is WAY TOO LATE.  As far as I know, five people received it, the TO: the CC: and the three recepients. I am a developer, one other guys is an artist, and the third guy is a story writer.  The only thing we all have in common is a project we are working on.  Which is why I thought it may have been bogus...it isn't.   That is all I am able to give at this time.
    I appreciate the clarification.

Believe what you want, does not matter in the long run.  I was simply trying to confirm some email addies with a group of folks notorious for getting to the meat of SOE.  Have a wonderful day!  Oh, and thank you for your time.

• rollnstnsrollnstns Member Posts: 53

I apologize, here is a CLARIFICAION:

The addresses were verified, the message was verified, but the content is really a fishing expedition on their part.  What they fail to understand is it is WAY TOO LATE.  As far as I know, five people received it, the TO: the CC: and the three recepients.
    I am a developer, one other guys is an artist, and the third guy is a story writer.  The only thing we all have in common is a project we are working on.  Which is why I thought it may have been bogus...it isn't.

That is all I am able to give at this time.

Will you be able to give more later? Sorry to pry, but why can't know more?

Thanks.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    all i can say is this. if you have a chance to help make this game better please do so. STAR WARS doesnt deserve this treatment.

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Hey! Look! It's another "look at me I have inside information stuff about SW:G with cryptic hints to preCU servers / SW:G is being sunset / Smedley is my lover bullshit insider information thread so people can get excited about nothing and think I'm special like Shayde" threads! 

WoOT woOT!

If anyone here believes that Smedley, Torres, or anyone else at SOE would pick anyone from here to share "insider information" with is off their freaking rocker.

I have Smed's email. Lots of people have Smed's email.  Hell, I could post one of the earlier emails that Smedley and I exchanged just after NGE, change the date and contents and post it as legit.

A word to the not so wise reading this board:  Unless Smedley or anyone else high up comes to THESE forums and makes a post, then validates that post the same way he has before (posting his email, someone sends him and email then answers them back), DO NOT BELIEVE IT AND DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP.

Edit:  PreCU, hell, PreNGE servers are not coming back. Ever.  Let it die.  Give it a rest.  I'm one of those that WOULD play a preCU server, but I've faced the reality that it will NEVER COME BACK.

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295
    QFE!
  • LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

Hey Shuckles - Remember that Press Release that you were trying to validate?

Originally posted by Leel

A bit slower please...
    The burden of proof lies with you that it was not fabricated by you and posted on this board under that pretense so that you could be free of any ridicule later.
    If you could provide another originator of that press release then i would be wrong, but i seriously doubt it.

I do not require proof, it was something that was publicly available at the time, I copied it and asked a question.  Where or what my source is is not important.  I never did and tend not to ever falsely accuse anyone of anything.  If anything I was the one questioning it.  Period.  The originator appears to be SOE, seeing as they did indeed release something on that day in question...obviously and wisely updated before release. 

Good times.  image

I have received a couple replies and many mails about my recent happiness.
    Yes, I am very happy today.
    I work very hard 5 days a week, volunteer two days a week, and after running a household,
    my evenings are the only time I get to entertain myself...
    That source of entertainment was ripped away from me a while back.
    I have recently learned it is going to be returning.  That is why I am so happy.
    No, I can not give any additional details.
    No, I can not say it is what you are thinking.
    No, it has nothing to do with the EMU.
    Yes, you can blow this way out of proportion if you really want to.
    The only thing left to say is, I love you all, very very much.
    For those that actually know me, you already received the details, check your mail,
    for those that do not know me, be patient, good news is coming!!!

Oh, and:

SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES STAR WARS® GALAXIES: COMPLETE
    AN ALL-INCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF STAR WARS® GALAXIES: AN EMPIRE DIVIDED
    SOE Also Launches New Launchpad Player Service WWW.SWGPLAYERS.COM

SAN DIEGO, CA - July 20, 2006 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online gaming, announced today that it will be releasing Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete, an all-inclusive collection consisting of Star Wars® Galaxies: Classic including all expansions. Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete carries a suggested retail price of $29.99 and will be available at retail beginning November 15, 2006. In addition to the release of Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete, SOE will launch SWG Players, a website that will enhance the services provided to SWG players.
    Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete offers the original classic game, as well as all expansion packs! This revolutionary collection will also provide changes in the core timeline and events in the Star Wars Universe!
    "Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete will allow players to experience more than 640 areas of exploration and excitement in the online world of Star Wars," said Chris Sturr, Sr. Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "This six-disk collection is essential for both classic Galaxies players and those interested in entering into the Star Wars experience for the first time as it will include exclusive in game items such as new vehicles and structures." (Please note: items are only claimable on one account for one player character.)
    In addition to Star Wars® Galaxies: Complete, SOE is launching SWG Players, a website designed to extend the player's interaction with the game outside of the game world. This new service gives players more ways to access, track and expand their in-game characters by obtaining character statistics, profiles, item information, in-game activities and more all in one place. The website, www.swgplayers.com, will launch on December 15, 2006, and will have profiles for more than 2 million characters and more than 400 million total inventory items. SWG Players will be available for Galaxies players to try, at no additional cost, until December 30, 2006, after which time some SWG Players features will carry a monthly fee. In addition, as a special offer, SOE will reactivate previously closed Star Wars® Galaxies: An Empire Divided accounts for 30 days of free gameplay but the former Galaxies players must take advantage of this offer before January 15, 2007.

About Sony Online Entertainment
    Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest® , EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath® , Untold Legends®, and PlanetSide® , as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies®: An Empire Divided® , SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Taiwan SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in development.

Star Wars Galaxies is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. SOE, and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Ahhh - My personal favorite.

Good to have you back Shucks

• rollnstnsrollnstns Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Leel

I have received a couple replies and many mails about my recent happiness.
    Yes, I am very happy today.
    I work very hard 5 days a week, volunteer two days a week, and after running a household,
    my evenings are the only time I get to entertain myself...
    That source of entertainment was ripped away from me a while back.
    I have recently learned it is going to be returning.  That is why I am so happy.
    No, I can not give any additional details.
    No, I can not say it is what you are thinking.
    No, it has nothing to do with the EMU.
    Yes, you can blow this way out of proportion if you really want to.
    The only thing left to say is, I love you all, very very much.
    For those that actually know me, you already received the details, check your mail,
    for those that do not know me, be patient, good news is coming!!!

When was this posted?
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    I'm waiting for Shuckles version of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" before he spits out the info.

Let me sleep on it Shuckles Shuckles.. let me sleep on it.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Shayde
    I'm waiting for Shuckles version of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" before he spits out the info.

... cause it's cold and lonely in the N..G..E...

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I can see Paradise by the Duck Board's Light.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340
    Shuckles?  Wither hast thou gone?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It's been a while since we had any good rumors on here. Really since the forums split. Either the rumor mongers got lost getting here or they crawled away to make up some better rumors. Either way R.I.P. SWG. image
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I can see Paradise by the Duck Board's Light.

"It was long ago and it was far away;
    And it was so much better than it is today"

I just went to the duck site and it looks like they are still up to their asshatery. The front page is covered by nothing but disses. Those guys need to grow up and pull ther heads out their asses. image
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by tillamook
    It's been a while since we had any good rumors on here. Really since the forums split. Either the rumor mongers got lost getting here or they crawled away to make up some better rumors. Either way R.I.P. SWG. image

The split has chased off a lot of good posters.  I barely even look over here anymore.
    OKAY, here it is, all I can give.

SWG2 (PreCU based) + SW TV SHOW = Synchronized Action Adventure Superstar Jedi Grip

SWG2 (PreCU based) + SW TV SHOW = Synchronized Action Adventure Superstar Jedi Grip

Glad I wasn't holding my breath.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Yeah I made something like that up months ago and posted that here and the BioWare boards. Play along with the series action MMO game. As battles occur on the show you can participate weekly in the same events in game. If what you say is true, then I'm not sure if I should be offended that my idea was pirated, or happy that they liked it. I'll dig up the thread s about this later.

SWG Bloodfin vet