Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you think this war is lost?

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"In that I can buy you and sell you, have dated models, and don't rely on ad hominem to get my point across, I would suggest you think a bit deeper, and look at the evidence we have rather than your own shabby surmising. Just because LA approved of it all in no way means they had anything to do with the NGE. But then, obviously you;ve never spent any time in the real adult world of big business, so what would you know? But then, you are doing their bidding, so who would know? Either way, you are working as intended, shill or dupe, doesn't matter. SOE should send you a check. Probably be more money than you'll ever see in your life :) TTFN, big man."

So your entire contribution... in this thread is to attack anyone who doesn't agree with you.  Then to top it all off .. someone you know nothing about.  I don't give a flying crap what fantasy world you live in on a forum.. "you" don't impress me in the real world.

Oh and btw... those blow up dolls they used for the pics in magazines you order out of.  By most peoples definitions are not models. 

I respond that way since it seems to be the type of thing "you" understand.

http://mythicalblog.com/blog/2006/08/04/reading-comprehension/

Oddly you will have to know what reading comprehension is to understand what that says.

It was posted the day after Brenlo decided to take credit for the NGE...

Then of course you can cruise over to smedley's blog about it... but that would take effort and having some logic.  So I'll save you some trouble and put part of it here:

"It’s often frustrating to work with third party IP. There’s a constant battle over what the right direction is for the game, and from our own recent experience, it’s not something we enjoy. It very often puts handcuffs on what we can and can’t do and, frankly speaking, it’s a lot harder to make great games when the IP holders don’t understand the online gaming market.

The exception to this rule has been our relationship with the team at DC Comics. I have to say they are indeed a pleasure to work with. Jim Lee’s involvement as the Executive Creative Director has been a hell of a lot of fun. I just saw the latest build, and the team has come up with a combat system that I think is hands down the best I’ve ever seen. It doesn’t remotely feel like today’s MMOs. It’s all about the action"

I'd also take it that the Fishermagi from SWG forums is not related to you the Fishermage (yes slightly different spelling) from here... based on the defense that person gave of Freemans blog.

So beyond the fact that you claim I should:

"look at the evidence we have rather than your own shabby surmising"

Yet let me know... that...

"In that I can buy you and sell you, have dated models"

Which of us is most likely living the fantasy.. a total farktard trying to be someone on the net.  There is plenty of evidence posted by SOE's own people that has nothing to do with my surmising.

If it helps you sleep at night... I'm a digital artist that "hasn't had to work" since I was 24... but thanks for worrying about my money situation.

Altho no... I haven't dated any models.

Pahlease leave your personal crap out of this.  It has nothing to do with nor does it add to any discussion here.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by Antarious
    "In that I can buy you and sell you, have dated models, and don't rely on ad hominem to get my point across, I would suggest you think a bit deeper, and look at the evidence we have rather than your own shabby surmising. Just because LA approved of it all in no way means they had anything to do with the NGE. But then, obviously you;ve never spent any time in the real adult world of big business, so what would you know? But then, you are doing their bidding, so who would know? Either way, you are working as intended, shill or dupe, doesn't matter. SOE should send you a check. Probably be more money than you'll ever see in your life :) TTFN, big man." So your entire contribution... in this thread is to attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. Then to top it all off .. someone you know nothing about. I don't give a flying crap what fantasy world you live in on a forum.. "you" don't impress me in the real world. Oh and btw... those blow up dolls they used for the pics in magazines you order out of. By most peoples definitions are not models. I respond that way since it seems to be the type of thing "you" understand. http://mythicalblog.com/blog/2006/08/04/reading-comprehension/ Oddly you will have to know what reading comprehension is to understand what that says. It was posted the day after Brenlo decided to take credit for the NGE... Then of course you can cruise over to smedley's blog about it... but that would take effort and having some logic. So I'll save you some trouble and put part of it here: "It’s often frustrating to work with third party IP. There’s a constant battle over what the right direction is for the game, and from our own recent experience, it’s not something we enjoy. It very often puts handcuffs on what we can and can’t do and, frankly speaking, it’s a lot harder to make great games when the IP holders don’t understand the online gaming market. The exception to this rule has been our relationship with the team at DC Comics. I have to say they are indeed a pleasure to work with. Jim Lee’s involvement as the Executive Creative Director has been a hell of a lot of fun. I just saw the latest build, and the team has come up with a combat system that I think is hands down the best I’ve ever seen. It doesn’t remotely feel like today’s MMOs. It’s all about the action" I'd also take it that the Fishermagi from SWG forums is not related to you the Fishermage (yes slightly different spelling) from here... based on the defense that person gave of Freemans blog. So beyond the fact that you claim I should: "look at the evidence we have rather than your own shabby surmising" Yet let me know... that... "In that I can buy you and sell you, have dated models" Which of us is most likely living the fantasy.. a total farktard trying to be someone on the net. There is plenty of evidence posted by SOE's own people that has nothing to do with my surmising. If it helps you sleep at night... I'm a digital artist that "hasn't had to work" since I was 24... but thanks for worrying about my money situation. Altho no... I haven't dated any models. Pahlease leave your personal crap out of this. It has nothing to do with nor does it add to any discussion here.
    I only "attacjed you" in response to YOUR personal attacks. I just did a better job than you, and was a good deal classier than you. I have a fairly public identity, YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you.

Thanks for proving you work for SOE though, and just what low quality they employ over there.
    and no folks, I didn't pay that boy to come out right on cue, either. But dang it if they aren't the most predictable (and angry and unhappy) folks in the known universe. That one coulda been ol' Smed himself with the way he STARTS OUT by making personal attacks then cries like a baby when someone touches him a bit. the fact they need to go to such ends does speak volumes, however.

"I only "attacjed you" in response to YOUR personal attacks. I just did a better job than you, and was a good deal classier than you. I have a fairly public identity, YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you. Thanks for proving you work for SOE though, and just what low quality they employ over there."

So quote me in this thread so I can see it where I personally attacked someone?

I mean quote one of my post in this thread that was directed.. at someone in a personal way and quote it so I can see it.  The only reply I made in this thread other than to you that anyone took personal was about Bioware.. which as I explained had nothing to do with the person who mentioned it.

I don't mind a good debate.. but I'm going to have to point out there is no making a response to "you".

Case in point...

"YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you."

So um exactly who are you.. that's right an anon poster on the internet.

You know what.. you actually won this arguement.. why?

Because I even responded to you. 

The reason that I lost by responding... is you aren't here for any reason but to flame people.  So obviously there was never going to be any discussion.

Just for kicks...

You claim I personally attacked someone.  The only assumption I can make was that was in response to the "bioware" thing that Zipit posted.

Which my reply to his feeling it was a personal attack:

"I was saying that no matter what talent creats a game based on a 3rd party IP.  If they don't have control and total control of the game and its direction it won't matter.

Which wasn't a post gunning at you... it was a statement... in other words I wouldn't want to see a great company like Bio-Ware make a great game.  Then say... oh sorry we gotta make an NGE now because there is 7 million 15 year olds that will play if we do."

So you.. manage to ignore that.

Then... you quote brenlo because it supports "your" view.

Yet you can't reply to Jeff Freeman's statement or Smedley because... they obviously are just working an angle to shift blame.  It can't possibly be true becuase it doesn't agree with "your" view.

Since I posted those things... I work for SOE and may even be Smedley (your statement).  Becuase it doesn't agree with "you".

I made the response about the blow up doll because as I said ... its the only thing "you" understand.

The sad thing is... the only thing you can see is "your" point of view.  Nothing else exist or is valid.. or is trying to work some angle.. because "your" point of view is correct.

Like I said the saddest thing of all is that I evne respond to you.. the reason I do it... will escape you and perhaps many.  Its because if you were a person actually looking for discussion or debate of issues there would be something beyond "your" view.

Obviously there isn't.. as you can't respond to statements made by other SOE employees ... other than the ones that agree with you.  Those that don't are some motive to shift blame.

Do you really think shifting blame for the NGE is going to improve SOE in the public eye?  Do you think that regardless of blame.. it makes sense for a Corporate in serious financial difficulty to not do classics.. but to waste time diverting blame.

There is no proof in the public domain to support you or me.  There most likely never will be.  That is to show blame for the NGE.

The real issue I have is why people stand on some point of view they can't prove.  Then make up such odd remarks to attack anything that doesn't agree with their view.

If LA was not to blame in any way for the NGE.. then as the license holder to the game.  They should have pulled the license immediantly..  Made a public apology to the player base as to what happened (beyond their control).  Then found a new partner to get the game back to what it was.

Especially with one of the most overprotected IP's in the world...

**edit* and to save another post... you're right I do work for SOE.. Smedley is actually my secretary.  I have my forum sig on a poster behind my desk.  My bosses think its a great company motto here at SOE central.

and yes that was sarcasm.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    Exactly.  I attack SOE and LEC equally.  It's LEC's fault for not being in touch with the players, and not in preventing the CUNGE.

By rubberstamping they are equally guilty.

But the CUNGE was SOE's idea.  They deserve the blame for that.  But as I said, LEC could have prevented it.

Well yeah they are both involved , Therefor both are as guilty as the other . They both wanted to make more money off this game , ANd they both conceived a plan to try and do so . I don't look at either as being innocent , I also don't expect any better from scum sucking corporations. Niether gives a flying piece of dogscat whether any of us are happy , Or content with their buisness practices . The only regrets they would have revolve around making less money now than they were 2 years ago .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

"I only "attacjed you" in response to YOUR personal attacks. I just did a better job than you, and was a good deal classier than you. I have a fairly public identity, YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you. Thanks for proving you work for SOE though, and just what low quality they employ over there." So quote me in this thread so I can see it where I personally attacked someone? I mean quote one of my post in this thread that was directed.. at someone in a personal way and quote it so I can see it.  The only reply I made in this thread other than to you that anyone took personal was about Bioware.. which as I explained had nothing to do with the person who mentioned it. I don't mind a good debate.. but I'm going to have to point out there is no making a response to "you". Case in point... "YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you." So um exactly who are you.. that's right an anon poster on the internet. You know what.. you actually won this arguement.. why? Because I even responded to you.  The reason that I lost by responding... is you aren't here for any reason but to flame people.  So obviously there was never going to be any discussion. Just for kicks... You claim I personally attacked someone.  The only assumption I can make was that was in response to the "bioware" thing that Zipit posted. Which my reply to his feeling it was a personal attack: "I was saying that no matter what talent creats a game based on a 3rd party IP.  If they don't have control and total control of the game and its direction it won't matter. Which wasn't a post gunning at you... it was a statement... in other words I wouldn't want to see a great company like Bio-Ware make a great game.  Then say... oh sorry we gotta make an NGE now because there is 7 million 15 year olds that will play if we do." So you.. manage to ignore that. Then... you quote brenlo because it supports "your" view. Yet you can't reply to Jeff Freeman's statement or Smedley because... they obviously are just working an angle to shift blame.  It can't possibly be true becuase it doesn't agree with "your" view. Since I posted those things... I work for SOE and may even be Smedley (your statement).  Becuase it doesn't agree with "you". I made the response about the blow up doll because as I said ... its the only thing "you" understand. The sad thing is... the only thing you can see is "your" point of view.  Nothing else exist or is valid.. or is trying to work some angle.. because "your" point of view is correct. Like I said the saddest thing of all is that I evne respond to you.. the reason I do it... will escape you and perhaps many.  Its because if you were a person actually looking for discussion or debate of issues there would be something beyond "your" view. Obviously there isn't.. as you can't respond to statements made by other SOE employees ... other than the ones that agree with you.  Those that don't are some motive to shift blame. Do you really think shifting blame for the NGE is going to improve SOE in the public eye?  Do you think that regardless of blame.. it makes sense for a Corporate in serious financial difficulty to not do classics.. but to waste time diverting blame. There is no proof in the public domain to support you or me.  There most likely never will be.  That is to show blame for the NGE. The real issue I have is why people stand on some point of view they can't prove.  Then make up such odd remarks to attack anything that doesn't agree with their view. If LA was not to blame in any way for the NGE.. then as the license holder to the game.  They should have pulled the license immediantly..  Made a public apology to the player base as to what happened (beyond their control).  Then found a new partner to get the game back to what it was. Especially with one of the most overprotected IP's in the world...   **edit* and to save another post... you're right I do work for SOE.. Smedley is actually my secretary.  I have my forum sig on a poster behind my desk.  My bosses think its a great company motto here at SOE central. and yes that was sarcasm.  
    His only way to argue a point is to try and belittle the person who challenges his logic.

• jigeredjigered Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by kanezfan

It's over, go play something else, let your dollars do the talking.

I'm gonna play VANGUARD now, too bad SOE is in it again.image

bye bye SWG, hope you'll get fixed anytime soon!

"I only "attacjed you" in response to YOUR personal attacks. I just did a better job than you, and was a good deal classier than you. I have a fairly public identity, YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you. Thanks for proving you work for SOE though, and just what low quality they employ over there." So quote me in this thread so I can see it where I personally attacked someone? I mean quote one of my post in this thread that was directed.. at someone in a personal way and quote it so I can see it. The only reply I made in this thread other than to you that anyone took personal was about Bioware.. which as I explained had nothing to do with the person who mentioned it. I don't mind a good debate.. but I'm going to have to point out there is no making a response to "you". Case in point... "YOu are the one using anonymity to make personal attacks, interesting that it gets your panties in a bunch and you must use bad language when someone throws it back at you." So um exactly who are you.. that's right an anon poster on the internet. You know what.. you actually won this arguement.. why? Because I even responded to you. The reason that I lost by responding... is you aren't here for any reason but to flame people. So obviously there was never going to be any discussion. Just for kicks... You claim I personally attacked someone. The only assumption I can make was that was in response to the "bioware" thing that Zipit posted. Which my reply to his feeling it was a personal attack: "I was saying that no matter what talent creats a game based on a 3rd party IP. If they don't have control and total control of the game and its direction it won't matter. Which wasn't a post gunning at you... it was a statement... in other words I wouldn't want to see a great company like Bio-Ware make a great game. Then say... oh sorry we gotta make an NGE now because there is 7 million 15 year olds that will play if we do." So you.. manage to ignore that. Then... you quote brenlo because it supports "your" view. Yet you can't reply to Jeff Freeman's statement or Smedley because... they obviously are just working an angle to shift blame. It can't possibly be true becuase it doesn't agree with "your" view. Since I posted those things... I work for SOE and may even be Smedley (your statement). Becuase it doesn't agree with "you". I made the response about the blow up doll because as I said ... its the only thing "you" understand. The sad thing is... the only thing you can see is "your" point of view. Nothing else exist or is valid.. or is trying to work some angle.. because "your" point of view is correct. Like I said the saddest thing of all is that I evne respond to you.. the reason I do it... will escape you and perhaps many. Its because if you were a person actually looking for discussion or debate of issues there would be something beyond "your" view. Obviously there isn't.. as you can't respond to statements made by other SOE employees ... other than the ones that agree with you. Those that don't are some motive to shift blame. Do you really think shifting blame for the NGE is going to improve SOE in the public eye? Do you think that regardless of blame.. it makes sense for a Corporate in serious financial difficulty to not do classics.. but to waste time diverting blame. There is no proof in the public domain to support you or me. There most likely never will be. That is to show blame for the NGE. The real issue I have is why people stand on some point of view they can't prove. Then make up such odd remarks to attack anything that doesn't agree with their view. If LA was not to blame in any way for the NGE.. then as the license holder to the game. They should have pulled the license immediantly.. Made a public apology to the player base as to what happened (beyond their control). Then found a new partner to get the game back to what it was. Especially with one of the most overprotected IP's in the world... **edit* and to save another post... you're right I do work for SOE.. Smedley is actually my secretary. I have my forum sig on a poster behind my desk. My bosses think its a great company motto here at SOE central. and yes that was sarcasm.
    I did quote you way up there, and you cut it off in subsequent posts. That's what started it, but you are conveniently forgetting. You called me a basement dweller, I merely replied I was not, and you then got foul. I am not anonymous at all. MY name is public, I have a myspace page, all I won't share is my address and phone. And man you really can't take criticism can you. And as to your being an SOE employee, you might as well, be, you are doing their bidding, if you are doing it free of charge, more the pity. Anyway I won't be responding to your angry foul posts any more so take care. You have done your job well enough I suppose.

Originally posted by Fishermage
    I only "belittle" little people who feel the need to attack me first. I never start, but I do so often finish.

So you are saying anyone who may disagree and counter , your perspective is attacking you ? Because that is all that has happened here . Noone has attacked you personally atleast not until provoked.

You actual believe you win in a debate about opinions ? I notice this assumption frequents former galaxies players. Boasting your success in life is also somewhat in bad form .

Why feel the need to attack over a differing opinion ? Just about everyone here carries a similar experience . Galaxies was a huge let down for thousands of people if not a few million . Does it really matter whether they blame one side a little more than another ? . It is normal for people to feel the need to place blame , And for some entity to be held accountable .

My statement to Antarious was an observation .Much as my responce to your post last night was .Which you tried baiting me into a arguement of flames over. Sorry but I am not being dragged into a battle of insults simply because we don't agree whether galaxies could be saved at this point .

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    The war was lost once the NGE came out.

What is interesting is the obvious agenda you have.. which you try to shift onto others.

In this thread I have never defended SOE.  What I have done is mentioned that there is at least equal blame to be place on Lucas Arts.  Unlike you I don't see them as a victim of anything.  George Luscas has kept the Star Wars IP as one of the most protected IP's in the entire world.  Yet somehow the evil company of Sony has avoided this protection.  Has been allowed to run rampant and destory/tarnish LA's image.

I in fact never mentioned Smedley.. it was you who brought him into this conversation.

The funniest thing about it all is.. you obviously have no clue what my post history is here about SOE or Smedley.  The only thing Smedley has really done SWG related that pissed me off personally.  Was when he was posting on the FOH forums instead of thre official forums.  Which there was a lot of posts here about and threads I myself started.  To bad you weren't here then.

As to this thread... I found this little gem from you:

"As I said before SOE has numorous shills out attempting to blame LA and save face. NOT gonna happen, the evidence is all the other way. From Jeff Freeman's blog, to various public statements by Brenlo and Smedley himself, thiswas completely SOE's doing. LA is to blame, but ONLY for letting SOE get away with it. They probably should have resorted to their only recourse, which would be to shut the game down -- this way SOE could not spin this nonsense over and over."

I especially like this part:

"From Jeff Freeman's blog, to various public statements by Brenlo and Smedley himself, thiswas completely SOE's doing"

Nice and relevant since you totally ignored it when I linked it .. so let me quote that blog for you. 

"Now see, this is just the sort of thing I’ve been talking about. Ya get misunderstood, post a clarification, that get’s misunderstood, so you gotta post a clarification to that, and on and on forever. Better off just leaving the misunderstood thing out there and letting people assign their own meanings to it.

Don’t try to read so closely between the lines that you fail read the lines themselves.

All I’m saying here is: When I wrote “I looked at what this guy designed” it should never have been interpreted to mean “I designed that and everything else”.

But it was taken to mean just that. Seems a little crazy to me.

So I finally wrote that it shouldn’t have been taken that way (since it keeps getting trotted out and about) and now some folks are taking that to mean something other that just what it says.
    C’mon now."

Now your spin on this same blog in this very thread...

"That's the SOE spin on things. SOE, not LA, is at least 98% at fault. I give LA 2% because they trusted SOE and believed their lies. here is my evidence: So a few months ago The Man comes along and says "What can we do to make this the most fun game it can possibly be?" It was the lead designer who holed-up in his office for a few days and then said, "Hey, come look at this." There's no way we can do that. There's no way we should do that. Man that's fun. The Man will never let us get away with doing that. We can't do it. We shouldn't do it. Oh man that is fun. When an executive producer sees something that is impossible to do, but which is too fun not to do, he makes a noise like "Hoooooooooph". My job was to be the guy to say, "Yes we can do that." I had to say this about forty times a day for two months. Lead Designer said it too, of course, but no one believed him, because he's crazy. Obviously. And they would only believe me for a few minutes at a time."

Oddly enough what Jeff says is:

""All I’m saying here is: When I wrote “I looked at what this guy designed” it should never have been interpreted to mean “I designed that and everything else”."

Which oddly doesn't fit your spin at all.

In fact Jeff posted his blog the day after Brenlo tried to support your theory.  Brenlo posted on 8/3/06 and Freeman's blog was 8/4/06.

There used to be more to Jeffs blog, which he apparently removed for "clarity".  Basicly going more into detail about someone showing you a plan and asking if it could be done.  But how it was never "your" plan even if you could do it.

So I guess your spin is... Jeff was talking about Brenlo showing him a plan?

I guess my real question is... what makes Lucas Arts such a golden child in your eyes?

I mean you do realize exactly how many Star Wars games from LA flopped right?  Or were you not around for the late 80's early 90's of gaming?

SOE was never "not to blame" in any way.  However, Lucas Arts shares that blame to the same extent. 

Also going through your post history... looking at all this talk of "forum spies" and such... One would begin to ponder exactly why you act the way you do on the forums.  You have established quite a pattern there...  There are a few definitions that come to mind from the DMR... and that's just off the top.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Here is an idea. Let's discuss the original topic rather than arguing with each other about nothing. image

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• tombclOnetombclOne Member Posts: 22

My personal take on SWG after playing from about 1 or 2 months after release till just after the CU....... and now trying the 21 day trial.

SWG was always full of bugs so the ones in it currently dont shock or really annoy me much, i think the game is salvagable... the only thing holding it back currently is the mess the servers are in population wise (easily fixed by moving those on less populated server over ot others), get more Legacy quest in there (its annoying getting through it so fast and then hitting a brick wall).

Having all these empty houses is the really annoying thing for me..... cant build a store within sight of most cities.

Bring back Decay....but not as insane as it used to be, in a days exploring / missions i would destroy a good suit of armour and thats abit too fast in my books.... once again my personal opinion.

Now i havent reached a point where i have made any clothing or bought any armour.... but the pieces i have seen dont have stat bonuses.... this really needs to be added in along with the reintroduction of decay so crafters can actually make gear people will want to buy again.

If they put up classic servers i would probably play on them.... but if they clean up what is currently available and made a few changes i would be happy to stay where i am.... even in the mess its in i still think its better and has alot more variety....especially variety for roleplaying.... than most of the other games available.

Once again this is My personal view image

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309
    lays down weapons and armor... looks to the star and smiles..

at one time tatt, dant darth were home... dreams meant to be explored.. then green took over and greed..

I have joined the rebellion... for my game..   the war is
    never over... only a soe employee would try to attempt top make em say
    that... as long as i have an internet connection and vile hatred for
    the puke taht is called nge.. cu.. I will fight it

We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall
    fight in Forums and on the web and stores; we shall fight with growing
    confidence and growing strength in the high speed lines. We shall
    defend our game whatever
    the cost may be; we shall fight on websites, lforums,  in emails,
    in stores and on the rss lines. We shall never surrender.....

screw you soe forever

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    yes

Obviously my friends above can't take any of their own medicine and need to report people, so I will not engage you further. We can see that they may freely attack people here, and I may not respond. Interesting.
  • ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Firstly the action taken had nothing to do with a report. Secondly I think you may want to read that warning again. Trolling is trolling, being smart about it as you continue to do doesn't help.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Shayde
    I firmly think both sides lost this one.

Correct answer.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by iskareot
    Correct answer.

Yep.  It was a game of Global Thermonuclear War.

SOE had the absolute power to take away our game and did.

We had the absolute power to take away their subscriber base and money and we did.

Both sides played scorched earth.

Originally posted by ParaTrooper
    Firstly the action taken had nothing to do with a report. Secondly I think you may want to read that warning again. Trolling is trolling, being smart about it as you continue to do doesn't help.
    I read the warning, and I didn't start the situation. Evidently people may attack ME freely here, but whe I return the favor (and do so with much less of a foul mouth tha they did), I get warned. Gotcha. Take care, I know now that certain views are not welcome here.
  • pjskullpjskull Member Posts: 65

I forget the exact quote as well as the person that said it, so to paraphrase...

"There is nothing so tragic as a battle won except a battle lost..."

Altre Monserrat - MBH/MP
    Aaden Monserrat - Elder Jedi
    Starsider - <DFC> - Dark Force Clan

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

This battle was over right from the get go, both sides have lost the battle. To be honest very few care anymore outside of the former players, the majority of gamers no longer care about SOE and what they did, nor do they care about the former players of SWG, everyone has moved on, they have their own games to play, their own adventures to take part in and etc…, the only ones who have not moved on are the former players, even SOE has moved on. Who will win the war that will be SOE. SOE will develop and make another game, and chances are they are going to make one hell of a good game, especially after everything with SWG. It will be a huge hit, and it will rake in lots of money and lots of players, and SWG and the NGE and all the former players will be forgotten, because they already are being forgotten about.

Even many former players will buy another SOE game, if the game is good and people are playing it, many of them will buy it, you can mark that down that I said that, for future reference. You do not have to let yourself lose though, the game is gone, and it won’t be back. SOE will make many more games and be very successful, they may even make SWG2, and if they do, it will be successful as well; there is nothing that any of you can do about that. But you can move on, and you can stop wasting hours a day on SOE. All this ranting and raving and hatred directed towards SOE were fine at the start, but now players are still taking hours a day of their time and wasting it on SOE.

I don’t even think most former players even realize how much good they are doing for SOE, I remember when Vanguard was announced it was popular, but it was no were near as popular until after SOE was announced they were publishing the game, now it is one of the most anticipated games on any MMO website, not just on this one. You see, when you take time everyday from your life and spend it on SOE no matter how you look at it whether you are trying to stop people form playing SWG or whatever, but when you take time from your own life, which is time from living new experiences and doing or trying new things, that is a bigger sham then a stupid ass video game. Don’t give them any more of your time, life is too short for that. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by iskareot
    Correct answer.

Yep.  It was a game of Global Thermonuclear War.

SOE had the absolute power to take away our game and did.

We had the absolute power to take away their subscriber base and money and we did.

Both sides played scorched earth.

Professor Falken taught Joshua that the only winning move was not to play.

Guess since I'm not playing, I win.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• rollnstnsrollnstns Member Posts: 53

...Both sides played scorched earth.

SCORCHED EARTH FTMFW!!!!!!!!!image
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by BlazinBlades   Even many former players will buy another SOE game, if the game is good and people are playing it, many of them will buy it, you can mark that down that I said that, for future reference. You do not have to let yourself lose though, the game is gone, and it won’t be back. SOE will make many more games and be very successful, they may even make SWG2, and if they do, it will be successful as well; there is nothing that any of you can do about that.

I, and many others, disagree.

Vanguard had gotten as much bad press over $OE's involvement as good press. People still fear Star Trek will be gobbled up by $OE. There is damage being done to Sony every day because of what they did to SWG to the point that they're now the #4 online game company out there.

Yes, many will buy another $OE product, but far more won't because of this debacle.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0