Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just tried it

JeanneJeanne Member UncommonPosts: 22
I just tried Shadowbane a few weeks ago, its pretty fun. I played as a Nephilim fury, alongside my friend who was a vampire mage. It was so much fun, I really annoyed the enemy tred everything to catch me, I flew straighght up an bombarded them with lightning while they payed no attention to the vampire who was staying in a distance and using magicks on them. I am not interested in PvP play at all in MMORPGs , so I was suprised that Shadowbane was so much fun to play ,even without a whole lot of quests to kill time with. Hunting monsters have rarely been so much  fun.

Comments

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Tried to install from the Fileplanet install but as others have mentioned it is corrupted.   Have it downloading from another source (gamedaily.com) I think and it is going to take like 8 hours.   Argh.  But actually I have been hearing more about the game lately and thought that I would check it out too.  I like the PvP stuff I have been hearing about.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    Shadowbane was a truly great game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Billius8
    Shadowbane was a truly great game.

That was horribly implemented and the poor support killed it off....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Well I finally got it installed, but honestly I didn't really like it so deleted it.  I just couldn't figure out the interface.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• AzRaell33AzRaell33 Member Posts: 155
    I tried it, and want impressed.  I uninstalled it after trial was up.  Trial was free so no loss
    I think all games should have a free trial. lol  I can think of three games off the top of my head that I never would have paid for had I played them first.  Maybe thats why lots of games dont have free trials.  Who knows
  • Elray2120Elray2120 Member Posts: 16
    What are you guys talking about?  free trial?  the whole game is free.  Best free MMO ever.

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Originally posted by Elray2120
    What are you guys talking about?  free trial?  the whole game is free.  Best free MMO ever.

And best PvP ever... fileplanet sucks, just torrent sb.exe

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

Originally posted by Elray2120

Free.  I dont remember it being free but it's been a long time since I played.  Could be. 
  • GlaiveeGlaivee Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by neuronomad
    Well I finally got it installed, but honestly I didn't really like it so deleted it.  I just couldn't figure out the interface.
    Sorry you didn't like it. The interface isn't very good and the starting UI is terrible. You can, however, modify it a lot. I'd suggest looking at this video:

The point & click system is very annoying but the more you play the more you get used to it.

You're missing out on a great game.

Originally posted by Glaivee

Originally posted by neuronomad

Sorry you didn't like it. The interface isn't very good and the starting UI is terrible. You can, however, modify it a lot. I'd suggest looking at this video:

The point & click system is very annoying but the more you play the more you get used to it.

You're missing out on a great game.

I had trouble with the interface as well.  Maybe I will give it another try