Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you jump?

can  players jump in age of conan?

Comments

• IvannatinkleIvannatinkle Member Posts: 109
    No, and you can't stand around in your underwear screaming "credz plz" either.o to WoW for that.

• RockyRamboRockyRambo Member Posts: 37
    wow that sucks u cant jump, im not getting the game anymore
  • GRIMACHUGRIMACHU Member Posts: 528
    I think your sarcasm detector is broken.
    I also think if that's the sole criteria by which you judge a game, you're a mong.

Postmortem Studios
    Roleplaying games to DIE for
    Shop here

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Yes you can jump. Start hopping around like a blooming jackrabbit and people may consider taking you out worth the NPC bounty hunters wailing for their head.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• RockyRamboRockyRambo Member Posts: 37

thank god u can jump

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    Lmao why so many poeples buying decisions apparently hang on 'can you jump' is beyond me? Personally I'd rather see there not be any jumping, or rather, while in combat. There wont be anything stupider in the realistic bloody combat of the game then seeing your opponant jump 4' in the air every 1/2 second.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Well normaly I would agree, however I have played a MMORPG where you could not jump and it drove me insane.  Almost as bad as that wannabe MMORPG where you could not travel off a given path.....

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    "Almost as bad as that wannabe MMORPG where you could not travel off a given path....."

Now that is one thing that drives me nuts too. DAoC was terrible about this, WoW isn't all that great with this either (it definately has hard-set boundries in each zone and you cant go up most the hills, though it's not as bad as DAoC was.) Still, this doesn't affect my playing decisions all to much. But I definately dislike it.

It's one of the reasons I loved SWG and Anarchy Online so much, you could litterally go anywhere in both games and you were never held from exploring because of a hill you couldn't climb or an out-right wall.

Originally posted by Fion
    "Almost as bad as that wannabe MMORPG where you could not travel off a given path....."

Now that is one thing that drives me nuts too. DAoC was terrible about this, WoW isn't all that great with this either (it definately has hard-set boundries in each zone and you cant go up most the hills, though it's not as bad as DAoC was.) Still, this doesn't affect my playing decisions all to much. But I definately dislike it.

It's one of the reasons I loved SWG and Anarchy Online so much, you could litterally go anywhere in both games and you were never held from exploring because of a hill you couldn't climb or an out-right wall.

I think he meant Guild Wars in this case, but yeah I agree

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• Database82Database82 Member Posts: 179
    WoW bunny hopping rogues FTL

Current MMO: Aion
    MMO Watch: Warhammer 40k Online, SWToR, GW2.
    Played: Planetside, SWG, EQ, EQ2, L2, WoW, RFO, KAL, MxO, Voyage, RO,Vanguard,Tabula Rasa, Horizons, CoH/CoV,, Lotro, FFXI
    First MMO: Everquest (Tunare Server, Ronin/Tide Guild)

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Yes, I require three degrees of freedom to enjoy myself; moving along a plane is too constrained for immersion... at least it is for me.

WoW and Anarchy Online got it down pretty well, with the exception of the few artificial borders throughout the games.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115
    Aye this is the reason I couldn't get into SoRyzom... Not being able to jump, however insignificant it seems, really irks the hell out of me, and its a mental thing that I can't get past.

• kaltamkaltam Member Posts: 66

Indeed you can jump, and jumping never looked so good. ^-^

while it doesnt determine a mmo for me, i do rather like being able to jump.
    along with WASD movement.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    It isn't so much the inability to jump in some games that bothers me.... it is the fact when you cant jump, they can force you to a path with a tiny row of rocks.... like guild wars. I don't even know any other reason to leave jumping out other than that.

Originally posted by Salvatoris
    It isn't so much the inability to jump in some games that bothers me.... it is the fact when you cant jump, they can force you to a path with a tiny row of rocks.... like guild wars. I don't even know any other reason to leave jumping out other than that.

Oh boy, SWG would likely get right up your arse then. Jumping is in, but there is absolutely nothing you can jump over, you cant even hop up onto a short platform, it still makes you walk around to the ramp.

Hemingway

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

Originally posted by Aelfinn

Originally posted by Salvatoris
    Oh boy, SWG would likely get right up your arse then. Jumping is in, but there is absolutely nothing you can jump over, you cant even hop up onto a short platform, it still makes you walk around to the ramp.

yep.. I am a disgruntled swg vet. I remember the first time I accidentally hit the space bar post-NGE and realized I could jump... (other the /jump emote)  I was pretty excited, despite the fact that you keep running in the air while you jump... until I tried to jump on to the porch of my guild hall and realized only the animation was going up and not the actual character location.
  • keygankeygan Member Posts: 237

It sucks not to be able to jump to avoid obstacles, but it also sucks when all people do is jump around during a battle....it can get annoying for sure.

• PegurPegur Member Posts: 5
    As I see it... AoC tries to be "realistic" fantasy game. So if I think about warrior with full platemail jumping continuosly like a freaking bunny... Things just wouldn't match. I hope they will adjust the agility by the gear you carry (the ones you are wearing + carrying in the bag) AND by the character class.