Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Peoples opinions on how good this game might be?

2»

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by klyngster
    I just joined the official forums over there, and I found out some things.
    There are players over there who are all out hostile towards new players, and the game isn't even in open beta yet. By new players, I mean people who have been on there since January of 2006. Even they are getting treated like crap by "veterans". It's a joke. One of them, Wickens, swore at me in a private within the hour I was in their chat room.
    What really bothers me is that some of the developers reward this kind of behavior. For example, that guy on there, Wickens, has been threatening towards newcomers for months , and what happened? The developers did a community spotlight on him! It's like having the rudest guy in your workplace being chosen as Employee of the Month. It just doesn't make any sense.
    With MMORPGs already being as competitve as they are, can Spellborn afford to give guys like Wickens the key to the city?
    I'm adopting a wait and see attitude at this time before I email my friends about coming over to this game.

What are you talking about? Please even link one thread since I have no clue or managed to find anything on official forums that is "has been threatening towards newcomers for months".
  • klyngsterklyngster Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by JelloB2000

What are you talking about? Please even link one thread since I have no clue or managed to find anything on official forums that is "has been threatening towards newcomers for months".

http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=5190

That's a strange request, by the way.  I didn't see others on here having to back up their opinions on the game with thread links.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

[quote]Originally posted by klyngster
    [b]

[url=http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=5190]
    That's a strange request, by the way. I didn't see others on here having to back up their opinions on the game with thread links. [/b][/quote]
    ...Where in that thread is the proof of "threatening towards newcomers for months", I see people disliking wick for being a troll/bully. Nowhere is there any kind of sanctioned bashing of newcomers.

Saying an entire community is hostile against newbies is a big thing, usually the begining to the end (like D&L, Mourning etc).

Just you & wick have some hostility towards each other for having 2 competing guilds (as far as I can tell).

I demand always proof if there is something really negative about any game & especially on how future costumers are treated. Check out my post-history regarding D&L, Mourning, small "amazing games that really dont want your money" & customer service in general from mmorpg-companies.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by klyngster
    What are you talking about? Please even link one thread since I have no clue or managed to find anything on official forums that is "has been threatening towards newcomers for months". http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=5190
    That's a strange request, by the way. I didn't see others on here having to back up their opinions on the game with thread links.

That has got to be one of the most useless threads on the entire Internet. When I read gaming site forums, I pass over threads that start like that thread and thus never notice the useless banter that goes on. There are just too many other things to do versus reading garbage like that.

I'd also like to mention that pre-release communities seem to be full of immature, over-opinionated, kids. I started visiting a forum of a game coming out that I'm interested in and it almost made me sick to think these were the people that would be playing the game. I quit going there and closer to release I'll revisit them. Hopefully the early birds will be full from eating their worms and the rest of us can go on about our day-to-day business of gaming and having fun.

so...

• klyngsterklyngster Member Posts: 5

[quote]Originally posted by klyngster
    [b]

[url=http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=5190]
    That's a strange request, by the way. I didn't see others on here having to back up their opinions on the game with thread links. [/b][/quote]
    ...Where in that thread is the proof of "threatening towards newcomers for months", I see people disliking wick for being a troll/bully. Nowhere is there any kind of sanctioned bashing of newcomers.
    Saying an entire community is hostile against newbies is a big thing, usually the begining to the end (like D&L, Mourning etc).
    Just you & wick have some hostility towards each other for having 2 competing guilds (as far as I can tell).
    I demand always proof if there is something really negative about any game & especially on how future costumers are treated. Check out my post-history regarding D&L, Mourning, small "amazing games that really dont want your money" & customer service in general from mmorpg-companies.

Look, dude.  You demanded proof, and I gave it to you.  You have not only chosen to ignore it, but have made false statements on here, saying that it's just between Wickens and myself, when most of this thread about Wickens and new people was written before I even signed up to their forums.  You also say that I said that the entire community was hostile towards newcomers, when I said that there were players who were, never the entire community.  Since you seem to be more interested in a flame war than a discussion, I am done talking to you and playing your "burden of proof" game, since you will likely just continue to ignore whatever proof I supply to you.  Goodbye.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Look, dude.  You demanded proof, and I gave it to you.  You have not only chosen to ignore it, but have made false statements on here, saying that it's just between Wickens and myself, when most of this thread about Wickens and new people was written before I even signed up to their forums.  You also say that I said that the entire community was hostile towards newcomers, when I said that there were players who were, never the entire community.  Since you seem to be more interested in a flame war than a discussion, I am done talking to you and playing your "burden of proof" game, since you will likely just continue to ignore whatever proof I supply to you.  Goodbye.

Hey Klingster, this is Synzielle from the TCoS forums, you know me..

I have to say I'm disapointed with your attitude, although I have nothing against people expressing their views you have done a botched job of it. Naming individuals in public is never a good idea and will only reward you with contempt from people who know this person, and even people who don't.

Thie issue you raised was addressed and dealt with, end of story, please move on. And to say that you are just waiting and see while trying to put together a Guild isn't going to win you many members... Who knows if you'll stay? Will you take your Guild with you? Either you are waiting and seeing or you are getting ready for release, don't try to play both fields or you will lose in both.

You seem to be very defensive for someone that started this 'flame war', yes you started and therefore must finish it. Look into the thread you linked for good flame war closures Basically you admit everyone's entitled to their opinion, that maybe you should have worded yourself better and move on. Continuing to point fingers will only fuel the flame..

I have been a member since february 2006, active since april 2006 and to me TCoS' community is the most helpful and mature forum, and especially game forum that I've ever been on.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• NosydNosyd Member Posts: 6

Looks like Klingster has lost interest in the game already. He hasn't been around here or the TCoS forum for a good few days now.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Originally posted by Nosyd

Looks like Klingster has lost interest in the game already. He hasn't been around here or the TCoS forum for a good few days now.

That is interesting isn't it? I won't draw conclusions until at least 2 weeks though..

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Back on topic...

I really feel this is the sneaker game of the next gen's (if you can call them that, that's going to surprise and floor absolutely everyone.

I know everyone is super hyped about AoC and W.A.R, I'm just as guilty about that as anyone else I suppose, but I genuninely feel TCoS is going to be something different and that's going to catch on very well with player bases and old time mmo'ers.

I almost kinda like that this game is super hyped, the more this game can come out of left field and shock people when it's released, the better I think it will do.

Can't wait, great developers too, so much fun to watch quality people with a good idea of what a community should be like work on a game.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Signed up for beta,made account today.

TcoS could be a good time-filler (should I ever get accepted into beta. I won't mind helping 100 new players just to do that,although only after I'm acquainted myself) while I wait for Darkfall. I'd certainly like to see how the 'tier combat system' works out. Manual aiming also a plus,as is statues and promised decent PvP combat.

Also shae,fourth paragraph; couldn't agree more. Sadly for you,I apply this to Darkfall....

• I haven't done too much reading on this yet, just stumbled on the Game
    today.  The screenshots are what really pulled me in and then the
    trailers I found seem to reinforce my enthusiasm for learning more. 
    The only concern I have would be that it doesn't have much to offer for
    those indiviudals that don't have time to form Groups (PArties) and
    want to simply solo periodically.  I am hoping someone could maybe
    address that concern for me, it is really the only one I have. 
    Otherwise I am really stoked.

Catch ya on the flip side.

• NathanCNathanC Member Posts: 14

Sr_simon, it has been mentioned that there will be just as much solo content as group content, and even grouping won't be raid-based towards end-game.

This thread might helpful: http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=5730&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=solo+thee&start=0

I really hope TCoS can come and take the world by surprise once it is released, it seems like it will be such a breath of fresh air to the MMORPG market. It looks stunning, sounds stunning and hopefully will be stunning!

• Xbuster231Xbuster231 Member Posts: 39
    I dont see how long quests hurts casuals(plus they progress is saved right), there's nothing a casual can do that would put them on par with hardcore players, seriously no matter how easy something is a hardcore will do it better than a casual always
  • yishuyishu Member Posts: 2

i guess the most exciting feature in this game for me is that it has deep customization, i definily don't want to bump into another play looks similar to my character... ><  i am really looking forward to spent some decent time in the customization section of the game once it's out hee hee  *~

• HotchilliHotchilli Member Posts: 1
    woaaaaaaaaaah!! I amazing! can't wait!
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Good?

Maybe, for a short time. Like CoH was. If fast sugar rushes are your thing, then Spellborn will give it to you I would think, if you arnt too demanding.

In the long run though..? Just more casual gamer spoon feed McDonalds lowest common denominator generic fantasy junk food I think.

If you like kiddie arcade games, you will maybe love this, if you want a real MMORPG for adults play Vanguard.

• transitbustransitbus Member Posts: 32

This is going to sound horrible but I will try and keep it to the point.

Traditionally, games that are developed out of the United States have done poorly in this country. There is a different mindset to how we as a whole play games and while the reverse is not true (games exported from the USA), I doubt this game will gather a large following.

• thedarkskullthedarkskull Member Posts: 14
    After reading, I have to say I think this game has great potential. We'll just have to see how people react and if it pulls people in quickly, I think it will be one of the best MMORPG's ever. Who knows what could happen.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by vesavius

If you like kiddie arcade games, you will maybe love this, if you want a real MMORPG for adults play Vanguard.

So you call a game that hasn't been released yet a 'kiddie arcade game' and then recommend another game that isn't out...

To the topic. It has potential like a lot of games in development right now. I've heard a thing or two from a friend of a friend so to speak, but I can't praise or condemn anything this early and especially not until I get to play myself when it gets closer to release.

Will it be good? I hope, but hope only gets you so far if the game doesn't deliver. image

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Well, there are actually ways to play both games before they are out yes? image
  • HelvHelv Member Posts: 6
    Normally I'm not a friend of rpg games or games with a lot of quest content. The only rpg game which I could enjoy was nwn. I'm open for new things and I will spellborn definitely give a try.

The screenshots are looking amazing to me. Same with the classes such as blood warrior and oracle disciple. These are new and the developers didn't fear to try something new. And I never liked the wow system where I had to handle 20 spells at once. The skill wheel seems really intresting and I guess it will make the whole combat more player skill based. But there is one thing where im not sure if I like it or not. I talk about the items with no stats. I know there will be tokens to upgrade the stats,  I think i can compare it with coh or cov. 

• mikey504mikey504 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by vesavius
    Good? Maybe,
    for a short time. Like CoH was. If fast sugar rushes are your thing,
    then Spellborn will give it to you I would think, if you arnt too
    demanding. In the long run though..? Just more casual gamer
    spoon feed McDonalds lowest common denominator generic
    fantasy junk food I think. If you like kiddie arcade games, you will maybe love this, if you want a real MMORPG for adults play Vanguard.

So
    what you are saying is that a game based on skill is like a kiddie
    arcade game, whereas one based on the amount of time you can sit at
    your computer is for adults?

I guess you're right, being one of 20-40 people in a raid, having to
    push one or two buttons from time to time while you watch tv is pretty
    damn hardcore.

Seriously though, neither game is even out, so regardless of what sort
    of crazy definitions for "kiddie" and "adult" you may have, it is all
    just speculation at this point.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    It's going to be awesome.