Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game are you playing now?

There aren't any MMORPG's out right now with the combination of good game play, graphics, and community, so I am playing Oblivion. What game are you playing while you wait for your dream MMORPG?

The quests and story in Oblivion is the reason why I won't play quest based leveling games like WoW. Once you've experience good quest based content (ie. Oblivion, Morrowind, and other single player RPG's) you don't have a taste for half assed kill tasks and delivery missions.

My dream MMORPG will put role-playing over end game, will have a full player based economy, non-loot centric, non-instanced, player ran cities, and open PvP since it adds role-playing value and the most amount of freedom. The game will also allow you to be whatever you want through a skill system, instead of a class/level system.

My dream game would be like Darkfall probably, and that is the game I am waiting for. However, certain reviews of Face of Mankind have peaked my interest and I may check that game out sooner or later. Although, I think it might be low on the community side.

But anyways, what game are you playing right now if not an MMORPG? Could you tell me about that game? Maybe we can all share the games we are playing and what they are about. This might lead us to games that we might not have otherwise tried and might help us hold out longer for our dream game.

Thanks.

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    wurmonline.  I like its community and how it emphasises crafting

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Just playing a bit UT2004 currently there is really no game which interest me at the moment, really sad year :/.

Dream MMORPG Iam waiting for....well good that I found out about Gods
    & Heroes, won alot of awards at E3 for best show, best gameplay and
    best graphics. Also this game coming from the old lead designer of
    Blizzard who was involved for games like Diablo2, Starcraft etc .. do I
    have to say more ? I really think it will be the best MMORPG next year
    even Warhammer wont be better but thats just my opinion. You nevver can
    be 100% sure but from what ive seen and read this MMO will blow any
    other out of the water in terms of fun and innovation.

Just go here http://www.godsandheroes.com watch the videos and read all
    the blogs in the forum there you will find all the information you need
    :) and if you still not agreeing with me after it that it wont be the
    best next year then I would have to say, get a clue :P. Release will be
    around February.

What I like best is that it will have the same loot system as in
    Diablo2 which means items will have a pre and suffix and generates the
    stats randomly. You can find also items which bosses drops from random
    mobs (mob lvl will matter here) in the world sure with lesser drop
    chance but the chance is there same as it was in D2.

Well its to much to talk about all the features of the game if you are interested and bored anyways then go on the homepage.

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Gods and Heroes doesn't interest me at all. It is just a level game with loot. I don't like the squad based combat ideas either. I just want to control myself, not NPC's too. I never played Diablo2, because it didn't sound interesting. I'm pretty much strictly a RPG fenatic. I'm not really into RTS games at all. I like Civillization games, but that's about it.

I wouldn't say it will be the best game next year, but who knows. It might be. I won't be playing it though. It doesn't have anything to offer on my list of must haves in an MMORPG. Best of luck to you. Your game will be released long before mine.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Well sure its not for everyone but what do you want to play ? Vanguard ? No doubt it will be a good game but it will be the same crap over again like EQ, WoW and so on ...not a bad thing in general but its getting old already.

And for Squad combat well you dont need em if you dont want just find enough players for your party :). For me i love the idea to have my little own army and find for em better stuff, strategies etc  its nice.

What keeps me for a long time busy in a game is PvP without it its getting boring pretty quick cause why should I get all the loot just for the show or something dunno its boring (well getting loot is not boring but if there isnt something else to do then I dont see a real reason to do it over and over again like say in WoW, EQ2 etc.). First there will be just arena fights and dueling but later on when there will be another factions like greeks and so there will be contested areas to fight for, it will be great fun.

Sure I could be wrong but really dont think so. But yea just my opinion.

Maybe you should try then Neverwinter Nights 2 or Gothic 3 (but thats just Single Player). Really dont know about other good games coming out soon all good games coming out next year, it sux :/.

Oh and last thing you said it will be just another game with level and loot well that I would say from WoW, EQ2, Vanguard etc but surely not from G&H. Will there be level and loot ? Lol sure every MMO has it and ever will so I dont understand your complaining here ... but it will have later on REAL PvP with meaning and not this crap like in WoW, EQ2 or other MMOs where is just level and loot and no PvP or other options at all.
  • KibsKibs Member Posts: 411

Originally posted by nthnaoun
    There aren't any MMORPG's out right now with the combination of good game play, graphics, and community, so I am playing Oblivion.

Ryzom has some of the best graphics in the industry, superb game play and an even better community :)

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

Originally posted by crusher143
    Well sure its not for everyone but what do you want to play ? Vanguard ? No doubt it will be a good game but it will be the same crap over again like EQ, WoW and so on ...not a bad thing in general but its getting old already.

And for Squad combat well you dont need em if you dont want just find enough players for your party :). For me i love the idea to have my little own army and find for em better stuff, strategies etc  its nice.

What keeps me for a long time busy in a game is PvP without it its getting boring pretty quick cause why should I get all the loot just for the show or something dunno its boring (well getting loot is not boring but if there isnt something else to do then I dont see a real reason to do it over and over again like say in WoW, EQ2 etc.). First there will be just arena fights and dueling but later on when there will be another factions like greeks and so there will be contested areas to fight for, it will be great fun.

Sure I could be wrong but really dont think so. But yea just my opinion.

Maybe you should try then Neverwinter Nights 2 or Gothic 3 (but thats just Single Player). Really dont know about other good games coming out soon all good games coming out next year, it sux :/.

Oh and last thing you said it will be just another game with level and loot well that I would say from WoW, EQ2, Vanguard etc but surely not from G&H. Will there be level and loot ? Lol sure every MMO has it and ever will so I dont understand your complaining here ... but it will have later on REAL PvP with meaning and not this crap like in WoW, EQ2 or other MMOs where is just level and loot and no PvP or other options at all.

I guess you missed it when you read my original post, but I did say that I am waiting for Darkfall. It is nothing like EQ2 or WoW. It doesn't have levels, nor classes, nor bad ass loot. Everything is crafted by players, cities are created and ran by real people, which can be taken away and destroyed. People can be attacked anywhere, but there are consequences for killing other people. Kind of realistic anyways, plus it should be released in 2007. In my opinion, it sounds much better than a game where you can solo easily and loot all your gear.

Originally posted by Kibs

There aren't any MMORPG's out right now with the combination of good game play, graphics, and community, so I am playing Oblivion.

Ryzom has some of the best graphics in the industry, superb game play and an even better community :)

Glad you think so. I wasn't impressed when I played it. Community was great, but everything revolved around crafting and harvesting. A pure fighter, would not fair well in that game. Well not compaired to their fighter/harvester counterparts. The community is also pretty small. Graphics were okay, but not that great, but they are good enough to enjoy. Gameplay was good, but again, it didn't offer everything I wanted in a game. No player ran cities that can be taken and destroyed. No meaningful politics or warfare. And the game weighs to heavily on crafting. If you ask 10 people in the game if you should play the game if you don't like crafting or harvesting, the majority would say "no." I know, because I asked many vets of Ryzom and they all said I should find another game to play, because there isn't much to do for fighters after a while, not like there is to do for crafters.
  • LasraikLasraik Member Posts: 170

My dream MMORPG will put role-playing over end game, will have a full player based economy, non-loot centric, non-instanced, player ran cities, and open PvP since it adds role-playing value and the most amount of freedom. The game will also allow you to be whatever you want through a skill system, instead of a class/level system.

EVE Online

Originally posted by Lasraik

EVE Online

I think we are straying off topic here. Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know what game I am waiting for. EvE Online isn't all that great for me. I can't stand a ship as my avatar. I also do not like the story. I also do not like the real time skill system. The game is pretty hard to learn. It's just not for me. I wish the makers of EvE would make a ground version of the game. I would play that in a heart beat.
  • AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    I currently divide my team between eve wow 9dragons beta and various other crap games that i try for the sake of trying

----ITS A TRAP!!!----