Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regnum Online: Free-to-Play MMO Added

Originally created for Spanish-speaking audiences, Regnum Online is a free-to-download, free-to-play 3D MMOG available now.

image Three kingdoms are in the thralls of a brutal war, fighting for domination of a world bursting with hundreds of vile creatures including orcs, undead, hydras, demons and even almighty, towering dragons. But this world is also full of grand quests and awe-striking landscapes for the adventurous wonderer. Welcome to the vibrant, virulent world of Regnum. The time has come to heed the call of your kingdom. Choose a banner to fight under, train well, and join thousands of your comrades in defending your territory, or take the battle straight to the enemy’s front gates!

In development for over three years now, Regnum Online is an ever-evolving 3D fantasy MMORPG featuring next generation graphics and support up to 1280x1024 resolution. During character creation, players must choose one of four races (a wood elf, a dwarf, a dark elf or a human) and one of four combat schools (warrior, archer, spy or spellcaster). In all, hundreds of character combinations are possible in this MMOG and characters can be equipped with gear such as swords, rings, armor and powerful, unique artifacts Weapon abilities and a large variety of skills can be improved through Regnum Online’s hundreds of available quests and PvE combat with the hundreds of creatures roaming the expansive land.

Regnum Online features “Invisible Dynamic Download Technology” which translates to no patches and no server downtime. Also, Regnum Online players can choose to adventure in a PvE setting within their kingdom’s safe borders or join a clan and bravely strike out against enemy kingdoms filled with PvP challenges for glory and honor. Unlike many MMOs, Regnum Online is free to play, it’s developers opting instead to incorporate premium content over time which will only be accessible to players who purchase the game.

Try it out, then give it a vote on our rating meter.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Whats the catch? I dont see any G-potatos here. How is it free?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    Hmm... I've been playing it for about an hour now and it's not half bad for an f2p Model. Quite a few bits and peices of text and npc interaction is still in spanish though. The graphics are actually suprisingly nice for an f2p but the combat seems far too slow paced as of right now. The PvP has a very Daoc esque theme to it which isn't such a bad thing. The player base as of right now is mostly spanish but there a few english speaking players that seem to be joining. The population is pritty small as of now but i suppose that's because word of mouth hasn't really gone around about it yet. The client is under 300mb so it's a pritty small d/l. Worth giving it a shot if you're not currently playing anything else.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      I'm dloading it currently, but what has me worried is that there's 21 people online right now lol.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth
    Whats the catch? I dont see any G-potatos here. How is it free?
       It says there will be premium content.

• MuddahMuddah Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Ya no thanks I tried it once before what a P.O.S.

Originally posted by Muddah
    Ya no thanks I tried it once before what a P.O.S.
       I'll have to agree, and even though it's in BETA this is just junk.  The biggest problem is the lag.  Their servers cant handle more than a 100 players !!!!! I was getting ping between 1k and 10k , and I'm in Europe. Some folks were getting insane ping rates even higher than me, the ones from the USA for example.  Game is truly unplayable, and the fact most players are spanish doesnt help either.  Graphics aren't all that great either.  Even though it's free to play I couldnt even recommend for someone to even try it :)  This game makes asian mmorpgs look good.

• ChilkoChilko Member Posts: 1

Regnum Online is a very Low budget production.
    Our final server infrastructure is not in place.
    This news on MMORPG.com took us by surprize as the game is still in development.

To the possitive comments I say: It shows that you guys really understand MMORPGs :) I hope you can join our beta and help us shape regnum into a great F2P game.

To the very negative posts I say: I hope you come back to try the game again once we fix tha Lag/stability issues.

My best regards to all, thanks to MMORPG.com for listing our game.

Andr

I'll add one more thing, you need to be able to test in order to test.  According to the site forums and one of the devs statements it could take months to solve the severe lag issue ? Maybe I misread.

Yah if u fix the severe lag I'll definetly give it another chance.

P.S. polish spaniard ? niiiiiiice lol

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I'm sorry. I've tried to give this game a chance. I can honestly say that it could be good as a time killer. However, waiting 5 minutes between each spell or swing of the sword due to HORRENDOUS server side lag is just ludicrous, even for beta. Also, I really can't even qualify this as a beta. This is alpha stage all the way. I wish you guys well in the future if you can make this work. However, with the graphics and gameplay as they are now, unless you are planning on an engine upgrade, server upgrade and a complete graphics overhaul, as well as adding alot better content, I could not see there being any kind of premium content making this worth paying for. But then again, people will pay for Runescape, so anything is possible.

• davidis52davidis52 Member Posts: 4
    Free or not its a piece of crap.