Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

changes in the last maintance (?)

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Anyone notice the new death penalty?

Also the drop rate has decreased even fro reds...

take a look at this thread

http://lin2.warcry.com/forums/read/15.35338 

Its alot of changes...

mages will be happy to see this...

Instant Effect Potions

New instant effect potions have been added.

* Elixir of Life - HP Recovery
* Elixir of Mental Strength - MP Recovery
* Elixir of CP - CP Recovery

However their summons are more expensive now

EDIT

I just logged in and do not see any of these changes :( I wonder wtf they are talking about?

EDIT again

I need to learn to read lol, its PTS and live in Korea

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

I think they are up on the PTS right now Torak and since it's going to be one of the bigger patches the've done, it's going to be on PTS a little longer then normal. There's a thread in the general forums on the L2 site that I think Misty comments on probably next Tuesday Patch for implementation.

As far as the patch goes, it's pretty far reaching. The new potions will help some but negate even further the uses for Healers, which is a real shame IMHO. Good for archers though for sure.

I like the idea of the death penalty taking over for the equipment drop now but I'm kind of at odds with the idea, at least the posibility for a drop still hits chaotic players. I have several worries about it, one is that it will obviously make it easier for the bots to bott and that it's going to take some tension away from pvp/pve. L2 was always  brutal that way but it was a good brutal and it added to environment.

I remember loosing part of my Majestic set and just starring at the screen, thinking: "Oh my god!!, I can't believe that just happened" Thank god for some amazing guildies or it would have taken me forever to get it back. It really sucked at the time but it added to the experience and my friends really rallied around me.

Almost sad to see that part go.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

The first thing that went through my head was the "balance" is gone in the open PvP. Item drop is really the only thing that keeps L2 from degenerating into what other NA made PvP games are, gank fest. 

The consequence of action is what makes the politics so deep in L2.

I didn't think about the impact it has on the bots. That does suck. No more free loot from them. Well, you can still train them for fun.

As far as the potions go, the only thing that I see that really makes a difference is the MP pot. I prefer a healer because they provide far more then just heals but I almost exclusively group with guildies in L2. Soloing to far to dull. I would like to level up a mage of some sort but always lose patience because of the MP downtime that honestly does not exist with a melee class.

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I like the idea of not dropping to mobs, because if anything this will curve trainers for getting gear. Although I dunno the price of the scrolls that will remove the penalty are. Maybe this will discourage auto-delevelers...dunno...

You can still train bots and watch the penalty rise, to where they can't even hit mobs and continually die...because for them time = money.

I don't really like the idea of reducing Chaotic drop rates though. I thought the under 5 PK no drop was good enough. So if you really need to just kill someone you can, but you aren't gonna go do mass genocide or anything. Maybe it was just reduced slightly...so that it will still deter gank fests, or so I hope. Like you can't drop your main weapon unless you have over 20 PKs...lol.

Eh, the MP pot may be O.K., but like you said yourself torak, I would also prefer a healer. This isn't going to diminish current live healers I think, if anything it will diminish dual boxers more. Why pay an extra $15/mo when you can just use pots and be almost just as effective. But why use pots when you can have your healer friend save you tons of adena on pots. image

Anyway, the size of this patch almost seems "chronicle" size! I am pretty impressed that they made a patch with so many changes mid chronicle.

Good points about the healers guys, good to know that at least they will still be wanted... hehe, is there any live healers/buffers left in L2? :P

Tor or Juk, I heard through the grape vine that the chaotic chronicles were over and the chaotic throne was on it's way as the next big thing? Heard maybe a new "winged/angel like" race might be comming.

Any news on the deal with all that? Is it a prep for the end of L2 and L3 comming in 1 or 2 years?

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280

Not dropping on white mobs is a very sad thing. Dropping gear is a huge part in the mechanics of what causes pvp.

The next major update for L2 will be the chaotic throne. It's line chapters in a story. Oath of blood is the final section of the Chaotic Chronicles.

They are talking about adding a new race with the next update. There was a poll on the Korean boards and people asked for a new race.

Originally posted by SantaClaws48
    Not dropping on white mobs is a very sad thing. Dropping gear is a huge part in the mechanics of what causes pvp.

The next major update for L2 will be the chaotic throne. It's line chapters in a story. Oath of blood is the final section of the Chaotic Chronicles.

They are talking about adding a new race with the next update. There was a poll on the Korean boards and people asked for a new race.

Sweet! The winged angels that got away from the Giants in L1 would be amazing in game... doubt they would let them fly but the they were really pretty.

Originally posted by shae

Sweet! The winged angels that got away from the Giants in L1 would be amazing in game... doubt they would let them fly but the they were really pretty.

I heard from our guild leader about the possible addition of a new race and in an unrelated conversation, gameloading also mentioned it.

No idea what it might be though.

As far as the new changes....some sound good, some bad. I'm in the camp that likes the item drop the way it is. Nothing is as satisfing as training a bot and getting his pants lol. Death penalty isn't tangible enough.

However it might get alot of these asshats currently in game that do nothing but train live players. Every night we end up chasing some idiot and trying to kill him for training us. Wasting my damn time......I guess we will see how it works out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

The poll is also up on the main forums too. Along with some other items such as new areas, mass battles, etc.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    The new race has to do something with wind seeing as they mentioned it when L2 first came out. Orcs are the fire race, dwarves the earth race, elves the water race, humans are the mutts, so the only element we are missing is wind.

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Yes the "Chaotic Chronicle" will end with C5.

The new updates will be called "The Chaotic Throne" and will be titled for the next update as "Interlude."

Other than that there is no other information. There is even no conformation for a new race, even  though it has been polled by NCsoft.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I am afraid of those MP Recovery things.. I hope they do not ruin PvP image

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Sovrath
    The poll is also up on the main forums too. Along with some other items such as new areas, mass battles, etc.

I wouldn't know, I was banned from the boards for making a single post about the bots, remember? So I pay my monthly fee like everyone else but don't get to voice my opinion because NCSoft sucks at customer service and bans people for bring up thier problems.
  • kuliaskokuliasko Member UncommonPosts: 30

First I thought the new patch was benefitting bots because u cant train them anymore for gear. But, it could quite be the opposite!! The debuff penalty after death is a genious idea. Bots wont be able to die a million times at the guards anymore. And small squads of low level PKers can effectively stop all those jkljlffefd and OoOOlovebabyOOoO  dwarves and dark elves in the lowbielands. If u keep pking them, they wont be able to kil mobs anymore, because there death penalty will be too high