Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are the servers down?

FrmwheelerFrmwheeler Member Posts: 8
I'm unable to connect lineage 2 recognizes my password, and I make it to the server selection screen, but I am unable to connect to the server.  Also, the only server available is bartzis anybody else running into this problem?  Thanks

Comments

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Well either you are connecting to the PTS, or you played a private server before and you need to change your host file, since you are still being routed to the private server.

Did you play a private server before?

Did you play PTS, or download the PTS client from the L2 official site.

If it is the PTS you can to a PTS to live conversion, just download that from the official website, and follow those instructions.

If you clarify more on if you played a private server or PTS then I may be able to go into more detail, if you still have trouble.

• FrmwheelerFrmwheeler Member Posts: 8
    I did try using a free server, but there was no community, and I did not want to just play the game myself. I tried two sites lineage2extreme,and lineage2endeavor.  I reinstalled the software, and deleted all fileshowever the game still does not work.  How do I change my host profile thanks

Ok so this is most likely your problem.

Go to this directory in your computer: C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetc
    Inside that directory look for the file that says "hosts"
    Open that file with Notepad

You will see a something that looks like this:

# For example:
    #
    #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
    #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

After that last line make sure nothing is there. Most likely you have some redirecting IP and whatnot.
    So after the line that says:

#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

Delete Everything... It should say nothing and list nothing after that line...

Then try connecting to L2 again, this should connect you to the correct servers.

• FrmwheelerFrmwheeler Member Posts: 8
    thanks worked like a charm. Maybe Ill see you online image

No Problem, glad it worked! image

If you join Kain, I may see you in game...

If not, have fun on your adventures!