Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official "We're Angry about SOE" Thread

Comments

• DrenethDreneth Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Vendel

DO you mean major issue like waiting in line for a few hours before being able to log onto your server as in WoW? Becuase truthfully, I've started playing EQ2 since day 1 and didn't ever had MAJOR problems with server stability. Every mmorpg has this kind of trouble at the beginning. You don,t know how your hardware will react to a vast amount of peoples at the same time.  SoE isn't involved at all with the game aside from distribution and providing server. The pool of server SoE has is much better hten what Sigil could ever have by themselves or what Microsoft could provide at the moment.

No, I mean major issues like server instability, zone crashes left and right, severe lag.  I played from launch until January of this year, and watched it steadily get worse.  Their CS sucked too.

You'll see. SoE will find a way to kill this game too.

- - - -
    Support Independent Game Developers

• SoE has nothing against their customers, Im sure they are as upset about their failures as you.  I myself have had little problems with SoE servers, which is all SoE is doing for this game.  Pout all you want cry about SWG, The Matrix Online, despite company, made me laugh when i heard about it so I would hardly call it anticipated.  Vanguard is the best looking MMO right now made by Sigil, not SoE.  Would you rather it be unplayable but SoE not provide servers?  Just because they made a mistake.  Fine dont play if it means enough to you, im not gonna be the one to miss out.  You can wait another year or so for a mmo of this magnitude to come out.

• DrenethDreneth Member Posts: 697
    I'm really not all that broken up about it "missing out".  And SoE hasn't made "a mistake", they have made many.  While the game itself may have been developed by Sigil, the hardware the game will be on is going to be monitored by idiots.

Personally, I hope it works out for Sigil,  I would hate to see the game fail... but involving SoE is like asking Walmart to handle your human resources.  Good luck with all that.  :)

- - - -
    Support Independent Game Developers

• You are not giving SoE enough credit.  Just assuming they are bad at everything because they ruined one of your games.  I have never had a problem with Everquest servers, EVER! In fact I wish that Everquest stayed with Sigil, and if you have ever bought something at Walmart because its cheap I wouldnt hold it against you.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Vengeful

Originally posted by Salvatoris

Why is is so hard to understand someone not wanting to do business with a company they feel has treated them poorly or ripped them off? Why do some of you guys act like it's odd, or unheard of to stop giving someone your money once they lose your trust?

Because these are large corporations, not family owned buisnesses. Often, with these larger companies, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It's not their fault really...it's a side effect of being too successful. There is no one person in SOE that you would put your trust in, much like you would a family owned resturaunt. And so... someone like myself, I notice that they aren't trying to hurt anyone. Someone somewhere made a mistake...it happens, so I don't buy that product of theirs. If they make a product I might enjoy, I'll buy it.

What I don't understand...is the inconsistancy. People don't do this with fast food, breakfast products, or record lables...but they do it with MMOs, Cars, and computers.

If you get food poisoning at Tacobell, do you also stop going to KFC? They're owned and run by the same people. If you get a stale batch of Corn Pops do you stop buying Frosted Flakes?

hehe Vengeful, so true. Couldnt have said it clearer myself.
  • OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378
    This game is going to suck. Anything SOE brands is crap.

• dustyfogdustyfog Member Posts: 17

I have a few questions. Why are there so many people posting complaints about people posting negative things in a Thread titled " We're Angry about SOE " ?? also along the same line do the " I read thru x number of pages and i'm glad I won't read this thread again" people not even read the titles of the threads they are looking at ??? Personally I'm ambivalent towards SOE  I read the SWG forums here for entertainment and in doing so I've noticed the passion most of the vets have towards the original game and also the passion a few of the current people have towards the present version . I think it really comes down to a game being fun but I see no problem with people warning others about a game, company , or ETC. that they feel has done them wrong . IMO the best thing for a person to do when starting or thinking of starting a new game is to read all you can about it, consider with a jaded eye the haters & Fanboi comments and then try it yourself. Because YOU are the only person that can truly say whether a game is for you or not.

About SOE publishing this game and whether they have any say over the game itself we'll just have to wait and see this said we all know Money talks and BS walks , I mean Sigil is in this to make money and if someone makes a big enough offer then who knows  sometimes Vision wins out over taking care of your family but that's never an easy decision. I mean really its not that hard , your family comes first, but its always hard to sell out your dreams .

This is all just my opinions and personal thoughts and prolly means jack .

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927
    My problem with them is their customer service and attitude to their customers...

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• jhelssenjhelssen Member Posts: 1
    Well as long as the people at Sigil have creative control I am happy...  In fact, I am more interested in how the diplomacy system works out image

• jdongjdong Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Nikoz78
    Censorship sucks. 

Definition:  "Censorship is the control of speech and other forms of human expression."

Censorship is the control of people who can't control thems selfs (vocal wise)

• TommyKHartTommyKHart Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Whats wrong with there customer service or there attitude? Everytime i've dealt with them they seem great. Never had any problem finding help form a gm.
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Originally posted by Agricola1
    Bah! I give it 6 months before Brad sells out and does a runner, leaving everyone in the lurch at the total mercy of the evil $medley. Fanbois have been warned.

its been 6 months and they are nearing the open beta phase, no sign of Brad selling out yet.  that makes your stupid ass prediction false.  congratulations on becoming a total flaming tard, lol.

EDIT:  on topic now, SOE is a successful company whether you haters like it or not.  im no fanboi of SOE, but hello, almost all of their games are still pretty popular.  EQII is in the top 5, EQI is still a hit, even after all these years, SWG is still....around, lol.  some of them are releasing expansions, thats not the sign of the end, thats the sign of stablity.  frankly, ive never had a problem with anything SOE related at all.  been around for a pretty long time, and ive never....not once, had a problem with SOE.  im not the only one.  i know that there are alot of people that did and hate SOE, thats your business.  its not me job to try to convince you to not hate SOE, tbh, i couldnt care less, lol.  but the fact that SOE is still a success and growing despite the boycott that alot of you having started amongst yourselves, is testament that youre not the majority.  so for comments like, "SOE sucks and is going under." and "Vanguard is doomed because SOE is involved." to be thrown around is, to put it lightly, just plain stupid.  i was there when the doomsayers were predicting the end of Matrix shortly after launch.  guess what, Matrix is still here.  granted, its not a huge success, but its still here with its diehard fans and supporters.  it made the doomsayers look pretty stupid, and gave me a pretty good laugh.  i read the forum titles that sprang up right after the NGE in SWG, "the end of SWG, its done".  guess what, there still here.  despite what you think and all that youve done to disuade newcomers to SOE, they continue to stay here and in some cases grow a bit.  so i guess what im saying is, you go right on ahead with your pitiful boycott while the rest of us enjoy the games that you wont look at.

• WarmechhWarmechh Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by PlanoMM

Originally posted by Agricola1
    Bah! I give it 6 months before Brad sells out and does a runner, leaving everyone in the lurch at the total mercy of the evil $medley. Fanbois have been warned.

its been 6 months and they are nearing the open beta phase, no sign of Brad selling out yet.  that makes your stupid ass prediction false.  congratulations on becoming a total flaming tard, lol.

EDIT:  on topic now, SOE is a successful company whether you haters like it or not.  im no fanboi of SOE, but hello, almost all of their games are still pretty popular.  EQII is in the top 5, EQI is still a hit, even after all these years, SWG is still....around, lol.  some of them are releasing expansions, thats not the sign of the end, thats the sign of stablity.  frankly, ive never had a problem with anything SOE related at all.  been around for a pretty long time, and ive never....not once, had a problem with SOE.  im not the only one.  i know that there are alot of people that did and hate SOE, thats your business.  its not me job to try to convince you to not hate SOE, tbh, i couldnt care less, lol.  but the fact that SOE is still a success and growing despite the boycott that alot of you having started amongst yourselves, is testament that youre not the majority.  so for comments like, "SOE sucks and is going under." and "Vanguard is doomed because SOE is involved." to be thrown around is, to put it lightly, just plain stupid.  i was there when the doomsayers were predicting the end of Matrix shortly after launch.  guess what, Matrix is still here.  granted, its not a huge success, but its still here with its diehard fans and supporters.  it made the doomsayers look pretty stupid, and gave me a pretty good laugh.  i read the forum titles that sprang up right after the NGE in SWG, "the end of SWG, its done".  guess what, there still here.  despite what you think and all that youve done to disuade newcomers to SOE, they continue to stay here and in some cases grow a bit.  so i guess what im saying is, you go right on ahead with your pitiful boycott while the rest of us enjoy the games that you wont look at.

I am by no means flaming you whatsoever......but the fact is, swg is there, but with how many people? Almost none. Its practically empty space....maybe some of the hardcore gamer went back there just for memories....but its just empty space.

And people do have a right to be angry at SOE. They literally, ruined people. SWG was a lot of people's lives. There were good memories and good times there. SOE wouldn't listen to their fanbase and continued changing the whole vision and the combat system of the entire game. Not once, but twice. The Combat Upgrade, and the NGE.

Many people hate SOE for it. I mean, really, really hate them.

SWG was infact, for the people who played it, their dream mmo.

So please, I respect your post, and I know it isn't a personal attack. But some of us have a right to be angry with what SOE did. And SOE had made some poor decisions in the past that ultimately, change people's thinking of the company.

yes, i understand that, and i respect your opinion and viewpoint.  all im saying is that there are still people playing all of those games, ALL of those games.  it may not be a lot compared to say WOW, but what game does have a population compared to WOW?

i dont have a problem with people hating SOE or even voicing said hate.  no, me problem is with the naysayers that want to convince everyone to boycott SOE and run Vanguard into the ground based on their own hatred for said company.  frankly, i think that Vanguard is gonna rock, regardless of the co-publisher.  thats me opinion.  i dont expect others to share it.

just me 2 gps worth.

Originally posted by PlanoMM

yes, i understand that, and i respect your opinion and viewpoint.  all im saying is that there are still people playing all of those games, ALL of those games.  it may not be a lot compared to say WOW, but what game does have a population compared to WOW?
    i dont have a problem with people hating SOE or even voicing said hate.  no, me problem is with the naysayers that want to convince everyone to boycott SOE and run Vanguard into the ground based on their own hatred for said company.  frankly, i think that Vanguard is gonna rock, regardless of the co-publisher.  thats me opinion.  i dont expect others to share it.
    just me 2 gps worth.

Ok. Lets straighten this out with all you soe haters, SOE IS A CO-PUBLISHER! THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE GAME EXCEPT FOR PUBLISHING ETC.

It is run by Brad. BRAD HAS CONTROL. BRAD IS CONVINCED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS GOAL AND TO SERVE HIS CUSTOMERS WITH RESPECT AND WILL NOT BE BOUGHT OFF.

He has everything he needs right now to have a successful game.

Quite frankly, I want Vanguard to ROCK.

And it will prove itself in time. Nuff said.

/agrees

Hah...this is pretty fun.....hey you got xfire PlanMM? Mine if warmechh

PM me on here if u can.

Maybe we can discuss an mmo just to kill time

• PsyckedPsycked Member UncommonPosts: 100
    SOE scares me!

I am the Cannon Fodder God

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Psycked
    SOE scares me!
    You already used this reply in another thread.  At least try and be original if you are going to go and spam the whole forum with drivel.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by dragonace

SOE scares me!

You already used this reply in another thread.  At least try and be original if you are going to go and spam the whole forum with drivel.

He's just stat padding...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by MX13
    Originally posted by dragonace
    SOE scares me!

He's just stat padding...
    Yeah, I kinda figured.  That's why I thought I would call him on it. image

DISCLAIMER:  this is stat padding

VANGUARDS GONNA RULE!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!

hehe...........

• Guarana01Guarana01 Member Posts: 1

[QUOTE]

I'll let all you fanbois beta test the retail version of game for me. 

All that said, I am still looking foward to playing Vanguard.

[/QUOTE]

well put...

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598
    EQ Rocked back in the day.  SoE took the game and made it into a $$ for them with the constant expansions, that's why I left.

Vanguard hasn't ever been high on my radar, Brad's Vision is to... I like to be able to have fun, harsh death penalties for my wife and I are annoying.  Forced interdependancies on others annoys us, Brad thinks those things are good..

Taht being ssaid, we were watching the Vanguard development because... well it had a lot fo potential, then came SoE.

Now I just giggle at the Vanguard fan's....

EQI, EQII, PS ( I loved Planetside till it died... long live PS!) and of course, the most disasterous use of a Movie Liscence ever... SWG.

Sorry but SoE will destroy Vanguard once they realize it's not going to do the numbers WoW has, for good or for worse, that is now the standard.

Always change your signature.

• zsuarkkzsuarkk Member UncommonPosts: 2

Well, after reading several pages of posts I find it that SOE has done people bad in the past. I have been a member of EQ since o1 and also play WoW. I for one do not play games based on the publisher but for the game itself. I do believe that sony did alot of people wrong and that they need a lot of work with CS. I also know that will not stop me from playing Vanguard. In fact, If I based my game choice on cust. service I prolly would retire completely from all mmorg's.

Also, If the All-MIGHTY came down and created a MMORG, there would be some who followed and some who hated. Some who praised and some who curse. The truth IMO is that when you create anything you have to start somewhere and decisions have to be made and you have to hope you made the right one.

Sony made bad ones and Im sure they are taking that into consideration.(at least I hope) I for one am greatly anticipating the game as EQ was my fav. The only prob I have with EQ is how you can go LFG for hours and progress seemed to be dictated by the ability to find groupage in what seems to be an ever-declining poulation.

Sitting for hours lfg was and still is very annoying to me. Im sure that some would argue that is what an online community is all about but if thats the case then so be it. I hope that in the event that the population dwindled in Vanguard, I would still be able to play solo.

Note: all expressed above are soley my opinions

I hope the game turns out as Great and Innovative as its predessor was and Sony learns from their mistakes  and to see you all in game. Until then Happy Gaming and Merry Christmas/New Year's =)

Nilael Innoruuk, Gennocide/al etc EQ/WoW salutes all Gamers, Game on!