Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Happy with SOE" thread

PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

theres an official "were angry at SOE thread, so i thought we should have a happy thread too.

post here if ur happy with SOE and u know it.image

Comments

• mnielsmniels Member Posts: 16
    I'm happy that I canceled my account with them... Does that count? image
  • PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

hey thats alright with me, less lag, more items, more mobs, and less imgame whining,lol.  j/k.

• dinnaedinnae Member Posts: 4
    happy with the game, dont care who makes it.
  • mlbdudemlbdude Member Posts: 21
    Love the game and the changes SOE has made to it.  I hope they keep up the good work.
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    welli am happy with Sony years ago, but now i  don't think its
    possible for anyone to like sony.  But if you are the rare breed
    that is a sony luver then HUH i have to say hi cuz i don't think i will
    ever get the chance to see a sony luver again

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    What is this?  Bizarro World?
  • JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Wakizashi
    What is this?  Bizarro World?

Why yes, it is!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261
      Hmm,  Everquest II is shaping up to be a great game, after an original feature set I did not love.  People should realize that the SWG fiasco was caused by Lucasarts and not SOE.  SO I am very happy with SOE.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I love EQ2 but HATE SWG, does that count?

• TrusoulTrusoul Member Posts: 5

It's about time someone had the Guts to start the "We're Happy With SOE" Thread.

Please allow me to add my own comments to your Alta-Verse, here.image

I play a LOT of mmorpgs; I've been playing them for a number of years, now, & I still love it when I find that One special "Keeper". Granted, SWG was a disaster, & a LOT of really Good Players got totally shabby treatment there.image

But LucasArts had a LOT to do with that fiasco. In my own humble opinion, it's such a waste of Good Gameplaying Energy to bash an entire franchise just because a shared Title sunk...big-time!image 

I used to play the Original EQ, when it first came out, & I loved it! Lately, EQ2 is feeling more & more like a Good MMORPG should feel like. There's so much more to do, see, explore, work towards...& it just keeps getting better & better.

A Lot of our Newer Players admit they're coming over to EQ2 from..... WoW. They've just plain had it w/the overloaded Servers...over-loaded w/the kiddies-gone-riot crowd, that is. A number of others say they're coming from SWG, & they find EQ2 totally 'refreshing'.

The Servers are seeing heavier traffic, & You can Have some Serious F-U-N as a Solo Player, or Grouped w/Friends.

The latest expansion ~ "Echoes of Faydwer" ~ is scheduled for release around November 14th. I've already pre-ordered my own copy & I can't wait to try all the new Artisan, Solo, Group Quests & adventures. Plus, I'm looking forward to making a brand new char in the New Starting Area...way up high.image

Lastly, I've met some of the nicest People around in EQ2. Granted, there's always the odd jerk or 2; but hey, that's a fact of life in online Gaming. In EQ2, they're definitely the oddity, not the norm.

Thank You PlanoMM, for starting this 'Positive' SOE Thread. image

I pay good money to subscribe to the MMORPGs I most enjoy. I make very sure I'm having F-U-N.... So, I,too, am HAPPY With SOE & I Know It!image

Thank You again, Plano, for handing out the Magnifying Glasses image.... although on my comp, the original Font Size was way big enough. OK, hope the new size helps those of you suffering from 'Game-Eye'. image

"You have been logged in for over 2 years, & counting. Please log-off now & get a life." lol---this IS my life!

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Trusoul

It's about time someone had the Guts to start the "We're Happy With SOE" Thread.
    I play a LOT of mmorpgs; I've been playing them for a number of years, now, & I still love it when I find that One special "Keeper". Granted, SWG was a disaster, & a LOT of really Good Players got totally shabby treatment there.image
    But LucasArts had a LOT to do with that fiasco. In my own humble opinion, it's such a waste of Good Gameplaying Energy to bash an entire franchise just because a shared Title sunk...big-time!image 
    I used to play the Original EQ, when it first came out, & I loved it! Lately, EQ2 is feeling more & more like a Good MMORPG should feel like. There's so much more to do, see, explore, work towards...& it just keeps getting better & better.
    A Lot of our Newer Players admit they're coming over to EQ2 from..... WoW. They've just plain had it w/the overloaded Servers...over-loaded w/the kiddies-gone-riot crowd, that is. A number of others say they're coming from SWG, & they find EQ2 totally 'refreshing'.
    The Servers are seeing heavier traffic, & You can Have some Serious F-U-N as a Solo Player, or Grouped w/Friends.
    The latest expansion ~ "Echoes of Faydwer" ~ is scheduled for release around November 14th. I've already pre-ordered my own copy & I can't wait to try all the new Artisan, Solo, Group Quests & adventures. Plus, I'm looking forward to making a brand new char in the New Starting Area...way up high.image
    Lastly, I've met some of the nicest People around in EQ2. Granted, there's always the odd jerk or 2; but hey, that's a fact of life in online Gaming. In EQ2, they're definitely the oddity, not the norm.
    I pay good money to subscribe to the MMORPGs I most enjoy. I make very sure I'm having F-U-N.... So, I,too, am HAPPY With SOE & I Know It!image

Anyone got a magnifying glass???
    *hands Flem a magnifying glass

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

The boys at MMORPG.COM should make this a standard thread topic like the other one is. EQ2 is a fantastic game and one of the best on the MMO market, actually I feel it could be the best on the MMO market, GW is a different game from normal MMO and WOW, well lets face facts, if you play MMOs and you play WOW or have ever played WOW, you have to admit WOW is nothing compared to EQ2. SOE has done a fantastic job with EQ2 and they have done a good job with all their other games as well, as far as SWG is concerned I still believe that SOE was not the major problem with the out come of that game, I firmly believe it has everything to do with Lucas Arts, the reason for this is due to other games made by SOE like EQ2 which have all turned out to be fantastic and well designed and run games. LA has a reputation in the gaming industry as being a complete total pain in the ass to work with, case in point BIOWARE, and the reasons they never did KOTOR2 and the reasons they will never work with LA again unless there were major concessions on LA’s part. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Trusoul

WOW thats tiny writing.... wish i new what it said looks intresting but im not going to get a  headache trying to read that... Write bigger maby then well all read it image 

or u could try holding ctrl + mouse wheel till its big enough.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512
    Sony..bah..
    EQII image

• DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200

I love the SOE EQ2 Dev team.  I can't vouch for the rest of SOE image

• holotoastholotoast Member Posts: 6
    I love EQ2, I'm really having fun playing it.
    Much more than GW or FFXI.
    And I'd like to thank the team who brought it and is keeping it online.
    If it's an SOE team, so be it. They have my many thanks.

alot more SoE lovers than what ppl would lead u to believe, eh?  to read some of these threads, ud think that no1 likes SoE at all.  guess this proves that wrong, eh?

p.s.  i bet this gets some replies!! lol.

• lillinlillin Member Posts: 207

na thats about how many replys i guessed would like SOE.

heres my i like soe, woo hoo for gettin rid of moorgard, the casual mmo dev that did not aggree with casual mmo design.  I guess sony can do something right.  and might as well say bye to blackguard too, never had any probs with him but it seems he got booted or quit too.

• NullapaxNullapax Member Posts: 401
    I can't say I am happy or un-happy with SOE.

The few times I have had to get in touch with them they have cured my problems/answerd my questions within a few hours.
    I'm not going to praise them for that as it is only what I expect for my monthly fee.

Allthough I never played SWG ( I feared the anal retentive brigade image ) it seems to me from what I read that SOE have really screwed that playerbase to an extreme degree and it concerns me that they may do the same to a game which I have invested a lot of time in.

To counter that, they went out of their way to trust me without proof of my identity when I had problems getting a game to work, and wasn't it SOE who put a freeze on EQ2 account billing when hurricane Katrina hit the U.S.A. ?

Jury is out for me personally folks.
    They are a big company trying to please a lot of people and it is always the complainers who make the most noise.
    That said, what they did to the SWG faithfull was bloody rough.

Jury is still out imageimage

Originally posted by lillin

heres my i like soe, woo hoo for gettin rid of moorgard, the casual mmo dev that did not aggree with casual mmo design.  I guess sony can do something right.  and might as well say bye to blackguard too, never had any probs with him but it seems he got booted or quit too.

Hey, this is the we're happy with SoE thread, if you not happy with them you cant post here.  The thread you want is titled "Im a Troll Asshole with a small Brain" go post there.

Originally posted by Flem

Hey, this is the we're happy with SoE thread, if you not happy with them you cant post here.  The thread you want is titled "Im a Troll Asshole with a small Brain" go post there.

Wow these fanbois are mean spirited.  Afterall didnt you notice i did complement soe in this thread.  Take a look again, and the cussing and name calling .................. i guess that is WoWish of you, maybe you should go salute that game.

Originally posted by Flem

Wow these fanbois are mean spirited.  Afterall didnt you notice i did complement soe in this thread.  Take a look again, and the cussing and name calling .................. i guess that is WoWish of you, maybe you should go salute that game.

Never have and never will play WoW.

What pisses me off is you take the effort to post here, you obviously dont like the game, and your posts are nothing more than flame bait.  Your bashing posts are not inciteful nor are they constructive.

my post are pretty inciteful, i dont sugar coat what eq2 is as some here choose to do.  Might want to take a look at your "inciteful post"  though and think to yourself what have you contributed.

And why will you never play WoW, biased maybe?  I have played mostly all of them and got pretty far in most of them, that is why i give my " insight " to these games. 

Why do i pick on eq2 as you would say ............. easy i as well as many others tried to help the game become better through ideas and only got bashed by the fanbois and devs.  After such a long and tedious fight filled with constant harrassment and trolling from these fanbois that came to no avail, its kinda fun to watch it fail, kind of a " we told ya so".

Eq2 had potential, it had a very nasty launch, and quite a few nasty revamps.  SOny made a game for players they did not have expirience with and it failed compaired to thier competiton. 

Its ok though, sony is good about keeping there unpopular games up for ever so it will be there for awhile.