Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is archlord a euro or korean developer?

NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417
is euro or korean that make archlord?

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,229


    Originally posted by NewMonster
    is euro or korean that make archlord?

    I believe it's a Korean developer with Codemasters handling distribution.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164


    Originally posted by NewMonster
    is euro or korean that make archlord?

    It's a Korean game that Codemasters will be localizing and distributing in the United States and Europe.

    image
  • HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43




    well first ArchLord isnt a devloper  its a game made by devlopers
    the game comes from nhn games..
    codemaster is  the publisher and codemaster is neither korean nor
    european,they re japanse publisher





  • DKShadowDKShadow Member Posts: 116


    Originally posted by HaZaD
    codemaster is  the publisher and codemaster is neither korean nor
    european,they re japanse publisher







    Not sure where you got that from but Codemasters is European, as they're located in the UK.
    You're correct about Archlord being developed by South Korean software developers, NHN.
  • HitManJonHitManJon Member Posts: 19
    Koreans don't really care about graphics only the storyline.. which is sometimes ok, but as I look at the screenshots there making a different path... and i'm liking it
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181


    Originally posted by HitManJon
    Koreans don't really care about graphics only the storyline.. which is sometimes ok, but as I look at the screenshots there making a different path... and i'm liking it


    Huh?

    What about Lineage 2? City of Heroes/Villains? Guild Wars? to name a few.

    They're korean and lean more heavily on graphics than storyline.

  • Dudeman7475Dudeman7475 Member Posts: 78



    Huh?
    What about Lineage 2? City of Heroes/Villains? Guild Wars? to name a few.
    They're korean and lean more heavily on graphics than storyline.


    well lineage doesnt have great graphics. but CoH and GW do. but thats still only two titles out of thousands korean MMO's i agree that most korean MMO's forcus on the storyline more than making them look great.

    image

  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181


    Originally posted by Dudeman7475


    Huh?
    What about Lineage 2? City of Heroes/Villains? Guild Wars? to name a few.
    They're korean and lean more heavily on graphics than storyline.

    well lineage doesnt have great graphics. but CoH and GW do. but thats still only two titles out of thousands korean MMO's i agree that most korean MMO's forcus on the storyline more than making them look great.


    I said Lineage 2, not Lineage, and if you think L2 is ugly, then I suggest you wipe your monitor.

    They were the 3 games that I first thought of. You can find more with google if you'd care to educate yourself.

    Seriously, koreans are known for making aesthetically pleasing games that offer little content. Any experienced gamer can tell you this.

  • TeiohTeioh Member Posts: 88
    CoH and GW are korean? I thought they were just published NCsoft, but not actually korean.

  • IntronicIntronic Member Posts: 30
    Guildwars, CoH & CoV are made in the US 

  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,004
    Lineage 2 is gorgeous. But lacks in content, NCsoft publishes alot of Korean made games and they do a terrible job of westernizing it and developing it for the Westerners preference, so far.

    Guild Wars is developed by AreaNet, which is American and European.


  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164


    Originally posted by Teioh
    CoH and GW are korean? I thought they were just published NCsoft, but not actually korean.

    lol

    They're not. CoH's Cryptic Studios is located in Los Gatos, CA; while GW's ArenaNet can be found in Bellevue, Washington. 

    image
  • kingcawkingcaw Member Posts: 11


    Originally posted by Valentina
    Lineage 2 is gorgeous. But lacks in content, NCsoft publishes alot of Korean made games and they do a terrible job of westernizing it and developing it for the Westerners preference, so far.

    Guild Wars is developed by AreaNet, which is American and European.




    Only Lineage 1 and 2 are korean games published by NCSoft.  CoH/V is developed by Cryptic, Auto Assault by NetDevil and Guild Wars by Arenanet - all of whom are american development companies.
  • NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

    what???? who says korean lean more to storyline than graphic????  click this for refference  korean games are shiiety on storyline! most of them dont even have voice over! dont even have in-game cinenamtic! jus shiiiety quest! korean mmo is more focusing on charecter modeling.... they have astonishing charecter modeling! and the artwork is superb!!!!! flashy! stylish! more fantasy than in american/euro made mmo! however.... their background enviorment is shhiiiety! example.. lineage2.... lineage2 has splendid charecte rmodeling but shiiiiiety enviorment! plain! and not much objects! but in american made mmo... their charecter modeling is shhiiiety! but their enviorment is superb! example.... vanguard and everquest2.... ugly charecter modeling and artwork! but superb enviorment! highly detailed!

    oh yeah when i said korean mmo have shiiiety background enviorment and no voice over and no storyline.... well i cant say the same to Aion, Zera and Soul of The Ultimate nation.... these 3 upcumming title from korea is superb! charecter modeling is awesome! but not jus that! this time also enviorment!!!! dont believe? go research for these 3 titles urself!!!!!! aion and zera wont be release for north american or atleast not now but soul of the ultimate nation is guarenteed to be release in north america early 2007.

    oh and after researching... i kno the answer to my own question i ask..... archlord is developed by koreans..... the company is called NHN located in korea.... code masters is a european company that publish games.... they will take archlord from korea to north america and european.

    jus digging old threads

  • NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417



    Originally posted by Intronic
    Guildwars, CoH & CoV are made in the US 



    ahahahahhahahhahahhahahhaha and ahahahhahahahha god dammmmmm!!!!!!!!!! i knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guild wars and city of heroes is made by americans!!!!! i can tell by the artwork and charecter modeling!!!! its easy to tell!!!!! and if korean make a western theme mmo i can easily tell if its a korean made!!!! cuz korean do more stylish and flashy!!!! see archlord! and see vanguard! everquest2! dungeons and dragons! all r western theme and archlord to0 but archlord is more stylish! due to korean made it!

    b4 i see this post..... i think and think..... y the hell guild wars and city of heroes does not lo0k like a korean made at all!!!! when it is a NCsoft company which is a korean company! ahahahahhaha still suprising that i found this post.... but i wasnt suprising much cuz i was suspictious before.

  • CanisCanis Member Posts: 21

    Originally posted by NewMonster
    Originally posted by Intronic
    Guildwars, CoH & CoV are made in the US 


    ahahahahhahahhahahhahahhaha and ahahahhahahahha god dammmmmm!!!!!!!!!! i knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guild wars and city of heroes is made by americans!!!!! i can tell by the artwork and charecter modeling!!!! its easy to tell!!!!! and if korean make a western theme mmo i can easily tell if its a korean made!!!! cuz korean do more stylish and flashy!!!! see archlord! and see vanguard! everquest2! dungeons and dragons! all r western theme and archlord to0 but archlord is more stylish! due to korean made it!

    b4 i see this post..... i think and think..... y the hell guild wars and city of heroes does not lo0k like a korean made at all!!!! when it is a NCsoft company which is a korean company! ahahahahhaha still suprising that i found this post.... but i wasnt suprising much cuz i was suspictious before.


    Nice a fine example to show my kids... this is what happends if you either do drugs or hit yourself on the head with a frying pan 50 times a day for 10 years.


  • Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112


    Originally posted by Teioh
    CoH and GW are korean? I thought they were just published NCsoft, but not actually korean.

    GW is from ArenaNet and is based in Bellevue, WA. CoH is Cryptic Studios and they are based in Los Gatos, CA. Google FTW!

    Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian
    image

Sign In or Register to comment.