Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US Presidential hopefuls for 2008

Who would you vote for between the following? 

I like Condoleezza and Joe myself.

Dont go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

Comments

• lardmouthlardmouth Member Posts: 701
    None of them are hard-line fiscal conservatives.  I'd have to hold my nose and vote.
  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Voting is for people who think their vote matters and have never heard of the electorial college.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Spathotan
    Voting is for people who think their vote matters and have never heard of the electorial college.
    QFT

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

I think the only once or so did a electorate not vote for their states popular vote winner.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by hazmats

I think the only once or so did a electorate not vote for their states popular vote winner.

I think it has actually happened twice...and there is a reason the system being the way it is, but I won't Hijack the thread...

If I had to pick from that list, I would go with Rudy...he did a good job in New York(from what I hear he was even liked by the liberals)  But as always with a presidential election, it's not about picking who you want, but rather picking who you don't hate the most.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Joe or Rudy in my book.  But Personally I will vote for whoever is the Libertarian candidate as usual most likely.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    They all make me want to vomit.  None of the above.

Guess it will be Libertarian again?  Unless the corrupt ass Illinois Democrats and Republicans let more parties on the ballot....

BTW- I predict dangerous fallout for whomever investigates Daley and tries to bring him down.  Watch the History Channel's special "Paddy Wacked" for more of an explaination.  Let me put it this way, just because they are better at hiding it from the public, that don't mean it doesn't exist.  I would love to see the Daley syndicate rooted out of Chicago, but that could cost you...

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368

I'd like to see some sources for your claim that my vote doesn't matter. As far as I know, when I vote, I'm voting for an "electoral slate" that is pledged to a certain candidate. In essence, I'm voting to having a bunch of guys vote for the guys I want as Pres. and Vice Pres.

How often does the Electorate not vote for the candidate they've pledged to? You know, your rebellious statements may seem to make you cool and disinterested, but to me they sound like ignorant propaganda you picked up from somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-----------------------------
    Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby

• zieenzieen Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 414

Originally posted by MisfitZ
    I'd like to see some sources for your claim that my vote doesn't matter. As far as I know, when I vote, I'm voting for an "electoral slate" that is pledged to a certain candidate. In essence, I'm voting to having a bunch of guys vote for the guys I want as Pres. and Vice Pres.

How often does the Electorate not vote for the candidate they've pledged to? You know, your rebellious statements may seem to make you cool and disinterested, but to me they sound like ignorant propaganda you picked up from somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd correct you, but I don't think you're wrong.

EDIT: I voted for Rudy. Liberals loved him, conservatives loved him, he had an affair and the people still loved him.

The modern MMORPG is simply not worthy, of the acronym RPG. The straight grind and lack of atmosphere leave me with no choice. From this day forth, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, and all the games like them shall be referred to as PIGCRAP. People In Guilds Constantly Raiding And Power-leveling

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Why isnt Satan in disguise on that list... 

---

• whistlinjoe2whistlinjoe2 Member Posts: 70
    To bad Colin Powell doesn't run. image
  • ikraikra Member Posts: 339
    let oprah win... shell solve problems through her chat shows

i~ku~ra

• SassymolassySassymolassy Member Posts: 363

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ignorant propaganda?  pfftt, shows what you know!  Your all sheep!  Didn't you hear that GW stole the election ;-)  He had all the electoral college go hunting with Dick Cheney and he forced them at gun point to vote for GW.  Then to seal the deal GW promise each one a life times supply of oil (that he would get thru the war in Iraq) and top jobs at Haliburton.  He then grew horns and a tail (went back in time) and started plans to blow up the world trade centers. 

Dont go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285

I only know Rice and Oprah, so I voted Oprah. image

• CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599
    If Oprah or Condelewhatever won, I'd move.
  • The nightmare scenarios...

Hillary Clinton for president with Barack Obama as her vice.image

John McCain for president with Rudi Jiuliani as his vice.image

Those are the only real worries I have...Condoleezza Rice doesn't have a snowballs chance in hades (some people call it hell, I call it hades...mm mmm.), thank god.

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335

For me it's either Lieberman or Guiliani, though I chose Lieberman for the poll. Close though.

Anyone whose Oprah should be ashamed of themselves and needs to be deprogrammed.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

in any time of war i want John Mcain......

his experience as  POW makes me think of him as the most responsible both to our troops and everyone else in a time of war.

not to mention he is the only true moderate on the list i think

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by Sassymolassy

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ignorant propaganda?  pfftt, shows what you know!  Your all sheep!  Didn't you hear that GW stole the election ;-)  He had all the electoral college go hunting with Dick Cheney and he forced them at gun point to vote for GW.  Then to seal the deal GW promise each one a life times supply of oil (that he would get thru the war in Iraq) and top jobs at Haliburton.  He then grew horns and a tail (went back in time) and started plans to blow up the world trade centers. 

The election was stolen through fear. GWB scared all the dumb americans into voting for him saying he was going to protect them from the evil doers.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by Briansho
    Originally posted by Sassymolassy

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The election was stolen through fear. GWB scared all the dumb americans into voting for him saying he was going to protect them from the evil doers.

And looky, he has failed!

Go figure. image

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• COAgamerCOAgamer Member Posts: 190

"History is made by people who show up"

But anyway, my vote would go for Clinton. If she runs, she is a shoe in. Of course unless the Stewart/Colbert team comes up in 08 image

Modjoe86- Gambling is a sin.
    Laserwolf- Only if you lose.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting for= PSU, WAR

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by Cooktastico

Alec Baldwin said the same thing about GW...I'm still waiting.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by Cooktastico

Alec Baldwin said the same thing about GW...I'm still waiting.

he just figured out theirs not a starbucks every 20 feet anywhere but LA in the world.

hes not moving anywhere anytime soon.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Why do I get the feeling im going to be voting for the lesser of two evils again? At least Bush didnt turn out as bad as I thought he would be.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Aelfinn
    Why do I get the feeling im going to be voting for the lesser of two evils again? At least Bush didnt turn out as bad as I thought he would be.
    except for the whole tearing up the constitution thing...