Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this is guild wars without instances?

So you cant have anymore than a certain amount of skills at one time, then you have a big skilldeck you can swap out skills for diffrent situations wow sounds alot like guild wars, nice to see a guild wars clone was getin tired of the WoW clones

Comments

• Sky-DreamSky-Dream Member Posts: 64

I just heard about this game today...Well I heard about the games since it's on the MMORPG homepage. But I was never looked into it until today.

So, what I discovery is that this game is basically focuse on character skills, and not just doing all the physical hits like other typical mmo. this feature is what I wanted since I'm a GW fan, and I pefer skills and teamwork, also story driven, plus pvps :)

Anway, teh battle system seemd exciting by using combo skills and such. this will be on fast pace game, and perphaps like GW. Crazy skills combo :)

Let see if I can get into one of the BETA :). Though I'm still looking into Aion.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Well MMORPG's were jucing D&D for a long time, I think diversity in clones is a good thing

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

I don't know about you but I didn't like Guild Wars. The PvE was so slow and tedious and every monster and it's grandmother had a ranged attack even if it was a scorpian. I just could get through that grind to get my PvP skills and quit. The skills weren't that interesting either.

But anyway, TCoS seems more like CoH with Kingdom Heats:Chain of Memory elements and manual targeting.

You get way more than 8 skills at once but you only see six at a time. Once you select and fire a skill from one of those six, your action bar 'turns' revealing the next set.

• dunpeldunpel Member Posts: 28
    Guild Wars did get boring at the i must say but its always good to go back too .Anyways i wanna see these combes they have for you'r skills you get for you'r own class.Now thats going to be interesting :)

jebiga

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985

Originally posted by Xbuster231

So you cant have anymore than a certain amount of skills at one time, then you have a big skilldeck you can swap out skills for diffrent situations wow sounds alot like guild wars, nice to see a guild wars clone was getin tired of the WoW clones

Are you sure you know the definition of 'clone'?
    Look at it this way.. Once upon a time, there was a game called advanced dungeons and dragons.. And now we got MMORPGs! It's evolution, baby.
    Besides, GW isn't even an MMORPG.
    "LOL! There is chocolate in that candy bar, what a chocolate cookie clone".

Have a nice day, sir.
  • BackdraftBackdraft Member Posts: 3
    No  way, this game has alot of new content away from  guild wars and  wow. Skill deck has 7 tiersandit rotates everytim you use a skill  or spell you actually have alot of options through out a fight. plus you can make nice combos, i would give the game a try its looking really good.

• caithleencaithleen Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Backdraft
    No  way, this game has alot of new content away from  guild wars and  wow. Skill deck has 7 tiersandit rotates everytim you use a skill  or spell you actually have alot of options through out a fight. plus you can make nice combos, i would give the game a try its looking really good.

So .. Wow (*g*) .. this game has something as p2p that a game thats free to play could simly put into an expansion ? Amazing !
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    well before when i looked into this game iit sounded neat but more and more i know now i am dislikeing it more and more

• thedarkskullthedarkskull Member Posts: 14
    I am really looking forward to this game. I think it really deserves a chance. It has potential.
  • naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

Originally posted by Xbuster231

It's more like Magic the gathering really than like guild wars from what i read... you should try to read a little more before starting to troll.
  • rawguttsrawgutts Member Posts: 44
    Im confused, so this is like Guild Wars play style, but you have to buy a subscription as well?   
  • TevrTevr Member Posts: 7
    It's totally different from GuildWars. The only thing they share is that its skillbased and not item or levelbased. GW still has locking to targets and pressing skill buttons like in other mmo's, in tcos you have to aim and you don't have normal attacks only skills.

• rawguttsrawgutts Member Posts: 44
    Well that sounds pretty damn neat.  I need to try this out..
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    i didn't think GW was bad but i didn't buy any of the expansions either

• PkylanPkylan Member Posts: 43
    I think the concept of Guild Wars is brilliant, but they kind of screwed  it up with these seperate server bits. If spellborn can take the good bits from Guildwars, such as atmosphere, clothing etc, this will make a vry good game indeed.

Also the combat system in this looks revolutionary, finally something that feels more real than teh point n click things from EvE and WoW.

• OphielleDiabOphielleDiab Member Posts: 19
    I agree it made no sence that *every* monster has a range attack i think it was there way of scripting it so that monsters could agro from far away it was like there was no see range only attack range so they maxed that instead.

The patches recently have made a few fixes tho but i can still pwn every monster in guild wars solo with my WO/MO build.

As for the speed of combat you click a monster and it does the rest for you lol automated combat FTL!

Ophielle.

Originally posted by Distortion0
    I don't know about you but I didn't like Guild Wars. The PvE was so slow and tedious and every monster and it's grandmother had a ranged attack even if it was a scorpian. I just could get through that grind to get my PvP skills and quit. The skills weren't that interesting either. But anyway, TCoS seems more like CoH with Kingdom Heats:Chain of Memory elements and manual targeting. You get way more than 8 skills at once but you only see six at a time. Once you select and fire a skill from one of those six, your action bar 'turns' revealing the next set.

• OwdenOwden Member Posts: 6

No. This is not a Guild Wars clone and the Spelldeck system works different than that in Guild Wars. And GW is no MMO to me

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

I cant beleive you guys havent flamed this guy yet or at the very least given a large run down on why this game is so much different from guildwars.

For the record, and yes this is set in stone TRUTH,
    Anyone who repeats the "ABC game is a XXX Clone" is A MORON.

Im a big warhammer fan and often I read "ZOMG Warhammer is a wow clone". /sigh

The latest one that really cracked me up was when someone said Darkfall looked like a EQ clone. /bigger sigh

The misinformed are truly abundant.

• TarsickTarsick Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by caithleen
    Originally posted by Backdraft
    So .. Wow (*g*) .. this game has something as p2p that a game thats free to play could simly put into an expansion ? Amazing !
    please go play your free to play games. actually im sure you will because mommy doesn't want to shell out the money to buy a game for her little retard, let alone pay a montly fee

you think those free to play games are free because the creators don't need nor want the money? nope, they are free because that is exactly the amount of money they are worth: nothing.

now a quality product intrinsicly has value which is why companies that produce them can earn profit

you evidently know next to nothing about TCoS, congratulations for being a moron

• AkaRainerAkaRainer Member Posts: 7
    Lol guildwars without instances. Does seem like it huh? But im pretty sure the PvPing is much better then guild wars. Not much skills involved in guildwars. or from my prospective. More like casting spells and having good equipment + combinations of spells. Anyways. CToS. Oracle Disciple FTW!