Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this another point and click crap fest?

lunelune Member Posts: 8
is there some skill in the movement and fighting in this game

or is it your basic korean click on where you want to walk to and then click what attack you want to automaically hit the person with letting a random math function tell you if you hit or miss them...?

Comments

• XeroKnightXeroKnight Member UncommonPosts: 93

Yes it's a point and click, and may I ask why point and clicks are crappy? I mean I don't think it should matter how you move your character and attack stuff in the game, it's how much you get out of the game.

• lunelune Member Posts: 8

i enjoy the PVP side of MMO's...

for me at least, the game gets really old after a few days of clicking on your target and pressing a few different attacks/spells until they are dead... and then grinding it out for higher points or gear to ensure you do more damage and miss less frequently

i like to be able to move and jump around... possible dodge attacks... have some actual keyboard/mouse skill involved in doing damage to a pvp or pve target

patiently waiting for the next MMO to come out for gamers like me...

• pepcfreakpepcfreak Member UncommonPosts: 106
    i wanna know what games you have been playing. I have never played a game where you dont "Click your Target" ROFL

Originally posted by pepcfreak
    i wanna know what games you have been playing. I have never played a game where you dont "Click your Target" ROFL

you ever played an FPS or MMOFPS? you dont click your target and press number buttons randomly at eachother until they die like a pair of retards boxing

there is some actual skill involved when it comes to the chances of you doing damange to your target or avoiding taking damage from your opponent...

I am just interesed in NEWER games coming out that break out of the mold of putting moving graphics to lame card games where each oponent takes turns doing their spell! THAT IS SO LAME
  • jokerdhelljokerdhell Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by lune

you ever played an FPS or MMOFPS? you dont click your target and press number buttons randomly at eachother until they die like a pair of retards boxing

there is some actual skill involved when it comes to the chances of you doing damange to your target or avoiding taking damage from your opponent...

I am just interesed in NEWER games coming out that break out of the mold of putting moving graphics to lame card games where each oponent takes turns doing their spell! THAT IS SO LAME

Hey, Idiot. You are posting on the MMORPG website. Not an MMOFPS website. So, now don't you feel stupid?
  • dalegorddalegord Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by jokerdhell

Originally posted by lune

Hey, Idiot. You are posting on the MMORPG website. Not an MMOFPS website. So, now don't you feel stupid?

now that is true and man is it funny
    yes i feel totally stupid and am truely sorry

• RadeaxRadeax Member Posts: 6

Well Age of Conan has the possibility were you don't have to click your opponent.  Who knows..but that game promises things like what lune was saying.  Won't be out until next year thoug =/

Originally posted by Radeax

Originally posted by pepcfreaki wanna know what games you have been playing. I have never played a game where you dont "Click your Target" ROFL

Well Age of Conan has the possibility were you don't have to click your opponent.  Who knows..but that game promises things like what lune was saying.  Won't be out until next year thoug =/

AND is going to require Windows Vista. What's that sound? IS that Microsoft getting even MORE money? Yes, yes it is.
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    So i take it you don't like the click to walk.  So you want the keyboard to walk is all???  So tell me what is the differance, clicking moves ya or keyboard moves ya.  I don't see the diff or a prob with it.  You REALLY hate korean MMOs.

Originally posted by mbblade
    So i take it you don't like the click to walk.  So you want the keyboard to walk is all???  So tell me what is the differance, clicking moves ya or keyboard moves ya.  I don't see the diff or a prob with it.  You REALLY hate korean MMOs.

YES I DO
    I RIRRY RIRRY DO

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I've been disappointed with the game, yes its the typical point and click which isn't a deal breaker for me but man its just uninspired.  The graphics are bland and dated, the quest are standard fair, early on you spend time killing this many of x monster to get to the next lvl to open the next stage of the quest.  I honestly can't see them charging for it, think Archlord with a martial arts type of game.  I've played loads of these games and it really doesn't do anything different that i can see, too much of a mindless grindfest, nuff said.

• vaguvagu Member UncommonPosts: 44

Somebody asked for a list of MMO(RPG)FPS games out there. I got some in mind and would love to learn more as i am in the process of trying them all:

Neocron 2

Face of Mankind

Roma Victor

and a couple which don't actually qualify as RPGs:

World War II Online

Planetside

Originally posted by treysmooth
    I've been disappointed with the game, yes its the typical point and click which isn't a deal breaker for me but man its just uninspired.  The graphics are bland and dated, the quest are standard fair, early on you spend time killing this many of x monster to get to the next lvl to open the next stage of the quest.  I honestly can't see them charging for it, think Archlord with a martial arts type of game.  I've played loads of these games and it really doesn't do anything different that i can see, too much of a mindless grindfest, nuff said.

I take it, you didn't advance very far. It looks like you will never become a video game expert if you ditch a game just because of it's graphics (which are not half bad on High) or it's early quests. Archlord? Pssh. That game doesn't even come close to this. How about you either leave this board and go to that board, or shuy up. No one wants to hear your whining.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by treysmooth

Does anyone read the fifty posts I've made saying this game will be free? Anyone?

So far I'm enjoying this game for what it is. It's more polished than ArchLord was in beta (and probably still is.) If you expected a F2P game that was going to blow you away then that's on you. It was obvious from day one that this wasn't going to revolutionize the MMO industry.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    This is essentially a opinion poll on the game, I stated my opinion.  If you don't agree with my opinion thats fine but the fact remains the game is standard fair mmo that just didn't give me a reason to play any further than I did.  If you enjoy it grats and enjoy, to similar to silk road, hero online, and yes archlord.  The graphics lack polish thats my point, it doesn't have to be state of the art to look good but a little polish goes a long way and in there current state they are bland.  The grind reminds me of hero online, the differnce is that hero online has polish and even with that game the grind got to me.  To those who enjoy that style there maybe fun to be had.  

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    I think I could put up with click to move. Since every mmo is a
    grindfest to some degree, what I want then is a game where combat isn't
    boring. I want invovelment. I want to be able to make choices, during
    the fight that will effect the outcome of the battle. Plus I want at
    least a few choices pretty much from the start or a few hours in.

• dalegorddalegord Member Posts: 17
    this game while it does have its flaws is a whole lot better than hero or archlord

My first question is to those complining about wanting more control in pvp is, Have you PvPed yet? I ran into this guy in game who wanted to pvp for hours to get a hang of the pvp and to test it. I thought what the hell i want to test it out like him so why not. We dueled for about an hour stright, testing differnt styles of fighting differant tactics and so on. We found that it isnt as easy as it looks when you get experianced in dueling/pvping. We ended up useing the whole arena instead of stnading face to face spaming speacials cause we learned tactics. Its not like your locked into combat u can move around and by moveing away from your opponent you take away most of the his/her ability to hit you with the exception of some  speacials.

This game is not a Korean MMORPG, it was developed by Acclaim and Indy 21, Yes you do grind very much like you do in most korean mmo's but at the same time its not as tough. Try RF Online, L2, and hell even ROSE Online. ROFL.

Someone above said Archlord was better than this game... Tell me which is around longer in 6 months after Codemasters kills Archlord. Archlord has ALOT of problems due to korean translations. Again, Codemasters will have their hands tied and cant do anything cause they are only publishers. They havent made any MMO they have published. They are scavangers digging through the pile of crap KOREAN games out there and picking ones that are good that they can win a bid on. Codemasters is by far the worst MMO company out there, more so the SOE, at least SOE can fix their games at will (or destroy them) Codemasters has to walk up to the Korean companies and beg them to fix stuff.

Anyways, 9Dragons is revolutionary in its own way. You obtain many skills, and the quests if you actually read them make you feel as though you are on your way to become a desiple of your clan of choice. All games will have the same basic quests. Its the content of the story behind the quest that is important. Also, by all means, if you can create a better quest scenario or system please enlighten us all, alot of people complain about the same kill x number of mobs get x reward but never offer anything new to the table themselves. They just complain and move on. As far as someone above said about the number of skills and how long it takes blah blah blah, can we say earn it. Life brings no instant gratification.

Im not going to end this in any way i could go on for ever but im tired of typing and your tired of reading.

This game is not a Korean MMORPG, it was developed by Acclaim and Indy 21, Yes you do grind very much like you do in most korean mmo's but at the same time its not as tough. Try RF Online, L2, and hell even ROSE Online. ROFL.

Someone above said Archlord was better than this game... Tell me which is around longer in 6 months after Codemasters kills Archlord. Archlord has ALOT of problems due to korean translations. Again, Codemasters will have their hands tied and cant do anything cause they are only publishers. They havent made any MMO they have published. They are scavangers digging through the pile of crap KOREAN games out there and picking ones that are good that they can win a bid on. Codemasters is by far the worst MMO company out there, more so the SOE, at least SOE can fix their games at will (or destroy them) Codemasters has to walk up to the Korean companies and beg them to fix stuff.

But...it is a asian MMORPG. Indy 21 is an asian developer, and Acclaim is translating/localizing the game for the western audience.

It has yet to be released in ASIA as well making it a world wide release, not just one hemisphere at a time. Just because its an ASIAN company DOESNT make it a KOREAN game.

It has yet to be released in ASIA as well making it a world wide release, not just one hemisphere at a time. Just because its an ASIAN company DOESNT make it a KOREAN game.

Jonric: Who is the developer, when did live service begin in Korea, and in what other Asian and Western markets is it or will it be available?

Howard Marks:
    The game was developed by Indy21 of Korea. It won "Game of the Year" in 2005, beating some very tough competition. It is currently high on the charts in Korea and has launches planned for China, Taiwan, Japan, North America and Europe. Nexon, which is Korea's close second-largest publisher, has recently picked up 9Dragons as its flagship MMORPG, which is testimony to the quality this game offers.

• CyphusNLCyphusNL Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by jokerdhell

Originally posted by Radeax
    Originally posted by pepcfreaki wanna know what games you have been playing. I have never played a game where you dont "Click your Target" ROFL

AND is going to require Windows Vista. What's that sound? IS that Microsoft getting even MORE money? Yes, yes it is.

It doesn't require vista. You can also play it on xp. It supports both dx9 and dx10.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Got a beta key.

Download and Install the game.

Saw the game is point and click.

Uninstall the game.

POINT AND CLICK SUCKS !

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by maputo

[Edited by Finwe]

Wow. Vulgar language AND a hint of racism. No real reason I shouldn't  report you, so I did ^^