Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One major complaint

jokerdhelljokerdhell Member Posts: 52

People are so dull in this game.

I've only found a couple of people who actually talk to me.

They should be a little more outgoing.

Comments

• oklahomaeroklahomaer Member Posts: 33
    oh stop your crying its because they dont speak english. But this is a really good game.

In the end there can be only one. (highlander)

• WendoXXXWendoXXX Member CommonPosts: 165
  • thebigc001thebigc001 Member Posts: 15
    He's right remember not everyone in the game speaks english.
  • jokerdhelljokerdhell Member Posts: 52

Some people do, and later on, more people will!

Praise english speaking people!

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

My major complaint about this game so far is that I can't create Black people.

For some reason in the game you can create white people and semi asian people... no blacks allowed in this game... arghh!!

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

There were no black people in asia.

image "I know, you're the only thing keeping me attached to my former self, that's why I must kill you" - Gambit aka: Death

Yes And I also know there weren't any White blond haired blue eyed or red haired people in asia at that time.
    but they are represented...

Also Africans aren't the only dark people on the planet. Chinese people can get pretty dark themselves I'm not sure if its the more southern or the more northern people that are darker. But there is no option to change complexion. Yet..

What's your Wu Name?
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

If you are truly dissapointed in not having the option to change the skin tone, post that on the suggestions part of the SUGGESTIONS board on 9dragons.com ^.^

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    so aparently this is your first mmo or beta or anything where there are multi language peeps in game, a lot them you can tell by the name

No, I've played many sir. ^.^
  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    Perhaps this is one of the perks of playing a female character, but folks don't seem to have a problem with saying hello or grouping or what have you.

Then again, from the reaction of one or two others I can guess that not everyone is so talkative.  Some seem surprised that I remember them, say hello, or am actually willing to help a bit.

I suppose that it comes down to the folks that you bump into.  You may have to take the initiative and ask how it's going, what class they plan on choosing, or whatever else comes to mind.

~Mysk

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    I've been told the game will be free. As in free to buy and play. I
    really have my doubts the game will change much from its Korean parent.
    The game plan must be to have as little inventment as possible. Of
    course I'd rather pay for a game that gives me features I like and
    keeps me entertained for a few months than a free one that's
    interesting for a week at most.

It seems to me the Devs could go a few ways with this.

1. They could make a bunch of changes to appeal to the U.S. market. The
    problem is they start themselves deep in the hole and it will be awhile
    before they see a profit. Not to mention it pushes their release date
    forward by a decent amount.

2. Make a few changes and hope for the best. The question is how many
    people will be interested in playing a Korean port. Companies placing
    these ads are going to want to see numbers. Even if the game has fun
    stuff at level 120 will the casual player want to grind up to reach it?

3. Do as little as possible. If you do this you know you aren't going
    to be getting big crowds, but your investment is low. Besides which
    unless you really go all out will making only a few chances really add
    the numbers to make up for the resources spent on it?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by methane47
    Yes And I also know there weren't any White blond haired blue eyed or red haired people in asia at that time.
    but they are represented... Also Africans aren't the only dark people on the planet. Chinese people can get pretty dark themselves I'm not sure if its the more southern or the more northern people that are darker. But there is no option to change complexion. Yet..

Its because of the anime influence. Asia loves anime, hence they add anime hairstyles and colour. also, Asia doesn't have the hiphop and "its cool to be black" culture. not to mention that black characters just downright don't fit in a game based in old asia.

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Its because of the anime influence. Asia loves anime, hence they add anime hairstyles and colour. also, Asia doesn't have the hiphop and "its cool to be black" culture. not to mention that black characters just downright don't fit in a game based in old asia.

I know that black people dont fit in a game based in old asia... But it's also a slap in the face that apparently white people do...

Anyways Here's a screen with a black anime character...   image

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

Have a question. I won one of 200 beta account, now this are my questions:

1. Is this account usable until it finnaly becomes open for everyone?

2. Can anyone play it or just certian circle of ppl?

3. Ty for the help :)

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• dalegorddalegord Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Alexandruis

Have a question. I won one of 200 beta account, now this are my questions:
    1. Is this account usable until it finnaly becomes open for everyone?
    2. Can anyone play it or just certian circle of ppl?
    3. Ty for the help :)

1. yes

2.yes                3. your welcome

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95

I know that black people dont fit in a game based in old asia... But it's also a slap in the face that apparently white people do...   

White people don't fit in either, that's why there are none in the game.....

and:

No, they're not.

I would say more, but this argument is so ridiculous that I can't even talk about it without getting a headache.

• d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Tnx, btw is it open beta, closed beta or private beta?

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

Originally posted by Akiki

No, they're not.

I would say more, but this argument is so ridiculous that I can't even talk about it without getting a headache.

Umm yes the are..... Unless of course you believe their were red heads in ancient china at the time.

With the male characters it's alittle bit harder to tell.  But look at the female characters not one of them even comes close to looking chinese.. Please note as well That the women have blue eyes.

And i have yet to meet a full chinese (not mixed) person with blue eyes. In fact I have yet to meet one that has anything but black eyes.

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    There were red haired green eyed people in china long long ago not really "chinese" by todays standards a different race all together. But still they were there. Anyway the typical people we considered chinese are really the han race or han chinese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_China

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• WendoXXXWendoXXX Member CommonPosts: 165
    All black ppl are from africa everything else is a lie! End of story.
  • mightyfcmightyfc Member Posts: 98

the OP has a point, just today i managed after alot of hard work get in touch with a few guys and we got a group going, the problem isnt that pepps doesnt speak english, the prob is that we have to use the general chat as whispers doessnt work and there is no say channel

wich i MISS!! they really need to add a say channel that can be heard within a certain radius

i actually havent met a single person yet that didnt understand english, it does however take alot to get peeps to talk in general

• oceanspiritoceanspirit Member Posts: 47

there are 56 officially recognised ethnic groups in China. the main race 'Han' has black hair and black eye like what u think all Asian people looks like today, and they make up most of the population. there are a few races that has yellow hair or green eyes, but they are some what rare. also the trading between china and other countries like Russina begain long time ago, so it's NOT impossible for a bloond hair or green eye person to appear in old China. since they are connected by land and it's easy to cross to other countries. but the distance between Asia and Africa is great and u have to across the sea, black people is no where to be found in Asia untill better boat is made. image and that's long time after the timeline for this game.

so here's a link from Wikipedia talk about the List of ethnic groups in China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_China

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

My major complaint about this game so far is that I can't create Black people.
    For some reason in the game you can create white people and semi asian people... no blacks allowed in this game... arghh!!

There is this MMO called Africa, http://www.africammo.com/

My major complaint about this game so far is that I can't create White people.

For some reason in the game you can create black people and semi african people, no whites allowed in this game... arghh!