Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stick a fork in it

1235»

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Only bad thing is starting my post count over. That's okay, though. I can't wait to get at the first one to tell me my opinion doesn't matter 'cause I'm "new"

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Only bad thing is starting my post count over. That's okay, though. I can't wait to get at the first one to tell me my opinion doesn't matter 'cause I'm "new"

Bah, STFU newb, come back again when your postcounts higher.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

lol

Edit: After checking, only 891 more posts to get back to my former glory

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

lol

Edit: After checking, only 891 more posts to get back to my former glory

Yes, now you're familiar. You've posted alot on the DnL forums.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

Heh heh, yeah. Watching the train wreck while trying to steer people out of its path and expose the conductors trying to cover it up almost feels like a full-time job sometimes

• kpartonkparton Member Posts: 104

RAR!, this thread still delivers!

Alcapwned

Originally posted by kparton

RAR!, this thread still delivers!
    Alcapwned

Alright, no more caffeine for you, mister. By the way, are you related to Dolly by any chance? If so, can I have her number? It's for agricultural studies. I want to be an official udder tester, and I figure she's got the best udders around
  • tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

Heh heh, yeah. Watching the train wreck while trying to steer people out of its path and expose the conductors trying to cover it up almost feels like a full-time job sometimes

Yes. I've been doing the same thing while waiting for AoC or Warhammer to come out. It does have it's enertainment value though. I'm slicing and dicing Mrbloodworth on the review thread. I saw you do it to IKshadow on another. I don't know if you remember mrbloodworth but he had a clown or jester as his avatar and was always calling hatebois(people with common sense) names like moron or fag or whatever. Some things never change. Not that I care except that it's good clean fun.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by HyborianHero

I think you are seriously mistaken. And I think you'll see a backlash because of this game with many Conan and REH groups and societies. There is already an intense and growing distaste building among Conan fans.
    But the proof will be when this puppy fails. And it's going too. Then we can come back here and laugh together. This game did the one thing you simply cannot do with a franchise, ignore it's base.

Newsflash: over 80% of the Age of Conan mmorpg fanbase doesn't give a DAMN about the original books or the story. they want a good game.

Originally posted by tepthtanis

Yes. I've been doing the same thing while waiting for AoC or Warhammer to come out. It does have it's enertainment value though. I'm slicing and dicing Mrbloodworth on the review thread. I saw you do it to IKshadow on another. I don't know if you remember mrbloodworth but he had a clown or jester as his avatar and was always calling hatebois(people with common sense) names like moron or fag or whatever. Some things never change. Not that I care except that it's good clean fun.

Yeah, IIKshadow plays taped-up gerbil to Farlan all the time, so he's an easy target to refute. And Mrbloodworth and I have had our rounds in other threads. From what I see, you hold your own in the DnL section pretty well

Hey, Gameloading, how you been,bud? what's wrong with your sig? It's not showing up, just giving the little colored placeholder square in the corner.
  • jay13jay13 Member Posts: 6

This game is being made primarily for mmorpg fans, not Conan fans. They use the name to maybe attract some attention from them and a few additional players,then largely ingnore any lore for the settng, save a few names.,  But the core players will come from the mmorpg community as a whole, which is bigger than the fan base of any single setting . They want to make the gameplay familiar to them, even if it means contradicting the setting.
     The game will last as long until the next new fantasy game comes out, which does'nt take very long anymore, then the mmorpg crowd will move along, and the REH Conan fans will already be long gone because there was nothing here for them in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.