Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant wait

this is taking to damn long, hurry up and release damnit, i already quit wow

Comments

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by RockyRambo
    this is taking to damn long, hurry up and release damnit, i already quit wow

I feel ya. They seem to keep pushing the realease date farther and farther out. While I know you should not rush a MMORPG perhaps they better look at getting more people working on the project and/or putting in longer hours.

The longer they wait the shorter the period will be inbetween AOC and Huge potential hits like WAR. LOTR, and Tabula Rasa, Huxley, etc. While Funcom may not be trying to get WOW subscription numbers, im pretty sure they would like as much money as they can possible get since ever company is usually after that.

If I was them I would hire more people and insure my game was out about a month after the WOW expansion (End of December/early Jan) that way people will be already bored and will be looking to go elsewhere.

Im starting to get the feeling that WAR is going to be another WOW in terms of numbers. And we all saw what happend around the time that WOW was realease. Not only did it kill the sub base of alot of games, but it also killed some games (UOX). Funcom better hurry up and make some money while they can and stop delaying.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    They only pushed the release date back once.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• oophusoophus Member Posts: 39

Uhmm, no thats wrong.. The have pushed it back three times.
    First it was Q2-2006. Then it was Q4-2006. Now it is Q2-2007.
    But if you watch the latest wid from X06 you will see that on the end of the vid it says.              CONAN
                   THE HYBORIAN
                     ADVENTURE

RELEASE Q1 3307

What does that mean?? ;) Is the release date now 03.03-07 ??
    Time will tell! ;D

• Age_Of_ConanAge_Of_Conan Member Posts: 98

Who cares?  Lets just hope this comes out and it's pretty polished.

I can't stand peopel who cry for the game to be released, and then they release it early to make people happy and the game is riddled with bugs...

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by oophus
    Uhmm, no thats wrong.. The have pushed it back three times.
    First it was Q2-2006. Then it was Q4-2006. Now it is Q2-2007.
    But if you watch the latest wid from X06 you will see that on the end of the vid it says.              CONAN
                   THE HYBORIAN
                     ADVENTURE

RELEASE Q1 3307

What does that mean?? ;) Is the release date now 03.03-07 ??
    Time will tell! ;D

To my knowledge, only third party gaming sites listed it as Q2 2006, and they were just probing for preorders. In any case, even if so, that makes for two, not three pushbacks.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Age_Of_Conan

Who cares?  Lets just hope this comes out and it's pretty polished.
    I can't stand peopel who cry for the game to be released, and then they release it early to make people happy and the game is riddled with bugs...

Don't worry about it there bigguy. FC seems to have their head on straight and will take their time.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

Originally posted by Aelfinn

To my knowledge, only third party gaming sites listed it as Q2 2006, and they were just probing for preorders. In any case, even if so, that makes for two, not three pushbacks.

And not one as you said earlier.

You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by Tinybina

I'd rather wait and see a finished and polished product. No other game is coming out with the Conan theme so I see no reason for them to rush the project and botch it...

Originally posted by tepthtanis

I'd rather wait and see a finished and polished product. No other game is coming out with the Conan theme so I see no reason for them to rush the project and botch it...

And why did you feel the need to quote my post correcting someone? 

If you fill the need to take a jab or 2 at me, send me a PM anytime.

Originally posted by Tinybiina

Forgive me Tinybina. No need to get belligerent! I was simply quoting the ongoing conversation about the delays for AoC. Yours was the last so I started with that one. You're getting to sensitive Tinybina.  I'm not looking to belittle your opinion. Just expressing mine.

But if you feel the need to vent. Feel free to pm me! I like a good "punch-jab discussion"! Let's go Tiny! 

Originally posted by Tinybiina

Forgive me Tinybina. No need to get belligerent! I was simply quoting the ongoing conversation about the delays for AoC. Yours was the last so I started with that one. You're getting to sensitive Tinybina.  I'm not looking to belittle your opinion. Just expressing mine.

But if you feel the need to vent. Feel free to pm me! I like a good "punch-jab discussion"! Let's go Tiny! 

Incomming!!!!

• clunkymonkeyclunkymonkey Member Posts: 13
    From what ive seen the game is pretty damn huge and I think its goign to be worth the wait. Its doing what no MMO has done before and i am prepeared to wait that little bit longer. I too have given up WoW and hope to play this when it comes out.

...But still i cant wait:

Originally posted by clunkymonkey
    From what ive seen the game is pretty damn huge and I think its goign to be worth the wait. Its doing what no MMO has done before and i am prepeared to wait that little bit longer. I too have given up WoW and hope to play this when it comes out.

...But still i cant wait:

And who could argue with a guy named clunkymonkey!!!

Where the hell in the UK is Aldershot???

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Yeah as I have said before this game is just going to rock the mmo world! Funcom is a large mmo company, but still small enough to have the creative and innovative decisions they want to see happen within the game!
  • clunkymonkeyclunkymonkey Member Posts: 13
    Lol, yeah thats right bow down before me  When Age of Conan comes and i get it, i should call myself clunkymonkey.

Btw, Aldershots in Surrey, near London (Kinda). But i think i wasnt suposed to put the town

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283

This is where I stand.... I can wait as long as the wait is worth it.  I will still buy maybe 1 MMO (Huxley) and this one.  What I dont want is this one to be a piece of $(&#.  I can wait a year as long as its that good.

Originally posted by clunkymonkey
    Lol, yeah thats right bow down before me  When Age of Conan comes and i get it, i should call myself clunkymonkey.

Btw, Aldershots in Surrey, near London (Kinda). But i think i wasnt suposed to put the town

That's okay. I put my town too. Maybe if I work hard enough I can piss someone off on here enough and they'll know where to find me.

Hey Tiny! Your getting creative. You have a tiny little avatar that I need my magnifying glass to see!

Hey Tiny! Your getting creative. You have a tiny little avatar that I need my magnifying glass to see!

Leave my micro mini me avatar alone!!!

Leave my micro mini me avatar alone!!!

HAHAHA!!!

By the way, congrats on your one thousand,one hundred and eleventy post...Quite an accomplishment!