Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Interview with Tasos Flambouras

2»

Comments

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

having one class means no freedom-simple

Ultima Online Asherons Call -you could make a toon as you felt like it, if you want to be a mage with healing and war magic why not? why everyone HAS to be forced to pick one thing. For me its one of the best points of the game, do what you want when you want it, no more of this ingame barriers. Freedom.

besides there will be 500 skills or so and differences will be many between players, i gave a detailed explanation on the main forum

or simply read df.warcry.com

Dark-Merlin

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Originally posted by phennexion

If you ask me, it's anothe cookie cutter BS MMORPG. The interview was nothing but smoke and mirrors IMHO.
    Q - "You said craftings going to be creative innovative blahlbahlbhalbh! Explain!"
    A - "Well yes, not only do you have to walk 100 miles to find mining spots which is common in every other mmorpg, but once you get there you'll be ganked by a clan of morons, and its legal!"

Q - " You say combats going to be innovative creative blahablhbalahblhbal"
    A - " Well yes, not only do you do the same bullshit point and click, but you get to knock heads off, and get blood spatters! Theres innovation people!"

I think the MMORPG's full of shit, Just like Dark and Light. I hope they proove me wrong.

ROFL! BEST POST EVER! I actually laughed on that one, this was funny stuff, but sadly true. ROFL! Nice one man.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• JimLadJimLad Member CommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by cyberace66
    If I wanted a FPS I would go play BF2, DOOM, etc that are made to be FPS; Not some bastard stepchild like the pile of stinking garbage that SWG was turned into. Some people actually like to plan there attacks and enjoy the animation of the battle, instead of some lame click feast. Click,click, click,click,click, ya I pwned you noob. image

You're forgetting one thing (well many things actually) but the main one is: There will be no guns, so it'll hardly be a 'click feast'. Strategy can exsist in the world of fast paced action. It doesn't strictly limit to a group of pre-selected attacks and calculative number proscessing. A Samurai wouldn't think "Ok here's my strategy, I'll just go with it and enjoy the view" You can do things like use the enviroment to gain advantage, keeping your own abilities in mind to use them at the right moment.
    Also assuming two games will be alike just because they fall under the same category is just retarded.

You just need to open your mind and think past those stubborn preferences.
    However if that's your personal taste then try to remember that 'some people' also like first person action, so get the fook out. image

• JoeTFJoeTF Member Posts: 8

chaintm:
    Pirates of the burning Sea isn't a vapourware. they showcased working version of the game to general public at PAX and developer's forum activity strongly suggest that the game actually will be released.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

Wow- I can't believe this project already has detractors.  The care bears are really going out of there way to try and put a stop to this one.  Fuck em'.  I have been without a decent online game since UO went Trammel.

I think I have every right to be excited over this game, and it deserves every ounce of hype- and the naysayers warrant an "STFU" at best.

The RPG monopoly in the MMO market is coming to and end.  Soon MMOFPSs are going to spring up; despite two early failures.  Beyond that, I don't know what other types of MMO games there are going to be.  I can tell you that MMOs will eventually rival network television for "viewers", "ratings", and advertising revenue- but not as you know it today.  Consequently, MMOs to cater to all types of people will be made.

So the PvE monopoly in the RPG niche of the MMO market; is also coming to an end.  Will it still be around?  Always.  Will the "golden era" of this garbage be over?  Definitely.  And thank god.  MMO's in general have been held back way too long.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• AscanetAscanet Member Posts: 1

Can't wait!

Finally, game developers who understand the true possibilities of the MMORPG. Also how to incorporate epic battles while still having a completely diverse character creation system. =)))))

-Asca

• VercingitoriVercingitori Member Posts: 24

Sounds an awfull lot like UO, pre-Trammel (sp?). Well as far as mechanics go and all.

Like others have said before, if they pull it all off it'll be an interesting game where people won't want to head out and skill up something in expensive armor/weapons as there will be that, oh-so missed feeling of fear and mistrust while playing.

EASK

Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 93.33%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 33.33%

• SavilzSavilz Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Like what i hear so far... now just waiting to see if it is so with my own eyes :P ... nuff said.
  • LoafkillLoafkill Member Posts: 6

It does sound pretty awesome doesnt it. Well my dumbasz has played almost every single mmo out there , some i wish i hadnt, why people poop on a game before its even released is beyond me. I wouldnt even waste my time in pooping on a game that i havent played. Anyways if this mmo holds true to what its supposed to bring to the table, AT Launch, it will make other mmo's look retarded, i think it might even destroy wow, which in my opinion untill they release a expansion, that provides more Pve content, the game is boreing. just wanted to put my 2cents in thanx

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

If you ask me, it's anothe cookie cutter BS MMORPG. The interview was nothing but smoke and mirrors IMHO.
    Q - "You said craftings going to be creative innovative blahlbahlbhalbh! Explain!"
    A - "Well yes, not only do you have to walk 100 miles to find mining spots which is common in every other mmorpg, but once you get there you'll be ganked by a clan of morons, and its legal!"

A - " Well yes, not only do you do the same bullshit point and click, but you get to knock heads off, and get blood spatters! Theres innovation people!"

I think the MMORPG's full of shit, Just like Dark and Light. I hope they proove me wrong.

ROFL! So true.

"Oh wow, I can one-hit kill ya and loot all yer stuff!"

This game will be unworkable because of the following Dev quote:

"Darkfall is a combat oriented game, and there will never be a shortage of recently slain players who need to have their equipment replaced."

LOL! Get ready to have your twelve extra sets of armor ready (hope they are cheap) when you drop everything on every death!

Lots of hype, nothing more.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

Originally posted by SpiritofGame

ROFL! So true.

"Darkfall is a combat oriented game, and there will never be a shortage of recently slain players who need to have their equipment replaced."

LOL! Get ready to have your twelve extra sets of armor ready (hope they are cheap) when you drop everything on every death!

Yes it will work, it did work for a little unknown MMORPG before, named ULTIMA ONLINE (you know a real game not World of Warcraft) and also EVE Online (highest rated game on this site mind you) also more or less Asherons Call Darktide (die a couple of times you are naked). Pretty easy to see you are a newb ;)

Another World of Warcrafter with idiotic ideeas, you are not needed in a PVP enviroment go back to Azeroth.

Dark-Merlin

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Q - "You said craftings going to be creative innovative blahlbahlbhalbh! Explain!"A - "Well yes, not only do you have to walk 100 miles to find mining spots which is common in every other mmorpg, but once you get there you'll be ganked by a clan of morons, and its legal!"Q - " You say combats going to be innovative creative blahablhbalahblhbal"A - " Well yes, not only do you do the same bullshit point and click, but you get to knock heads off, and get blood spatters! Theres innovation people!"I think the MMORPG's full of shit, Just like Dark and Light. I hope they proove me wrong.
    ROFL! So true.

Eve-Online does this and it works perfectly fine. It all depends on how they set up the items in the game. If the best items in the game are only marginally better than the standard ones, most will use the standard ones when going into large battles. Or they will just wear the good stuff. Afterall, the risk of losing all your gear when you die will actually make people less likely to do stupid things with it.

• DOSIADOSIA Member Posts: 1

Heya fellow MMORPG's,
    Like the post, trying to find out as much as possible about Darkfall.
    Also if there is a guild of sort that plans(or already has in progress) on starting as soon as the game launches I would love to be a part of it. I have a bountiful of things to offer, plus a number of minion that follow me from MMO to MMO, so please send me a mail on the MMORPG website.

..........DOSIA

• EndemondiaEndemondia Member Posts: 231

No one game is perfect but the DEVs have created something special here. AS mentioned by others, EVE tops the charts and it is skills based, and my preference will always be for skills making a character/class as opposed to vice versa. It works for Project Entropia very well so why not for Darkfall?

The alignment system is another winner giving the world some real politics.

Of course the five years and still waiting is a small concern. All the indie mmorg devs are struggling to hit the big time and I hope this is a big hit when it sees the light of day.

• ArqentusArqentus Member Posts: 30

ROFL! So true.

Well, this scenario looks similar to Ultima Online, in its early days.

If there is something that pisses me off today, is the fact that people don't like to take any risk anymore. When they die in a MMORPG, they want everything on them back when they get alive. They want minimum effect from dying, they want everything handed to them on a plate.

Let me tell you young one, one of the most exiting mmorpg, and the least boring mmorpg i ever played ( and i have played a lot of them, and beta tested even more ), was Ultima Online ( before trammel & there PK fixes ).

You had at leased 2 spare armors in your bank box, and you NEVER went out in your best armor unless you needed to. Running from those PK'ers, getting all paranoid because there might be PK'ers hiding. Escaping from PK'ers. It was all a adrenaline rush. Not like all those daim EQ2 clone's, where people are nothing but mindless zombie's leaving there character. Like a number ( level ) has a meaning.

In UO players used build up a reputation with there actions, not there "level".

The game made you go out in groups if you wanted to venture far from the city, it made you appreciate tactics. Going out in a group, and then sending a scout ahaid of you when you noticed a red name on the side of your screen. Only to discover that several PK'ers have made a ambushed spot on the only bridge in the area. Then you sacrifice your team member ( first you take all his valuables ), so that the PK'ers move past you. You resurrect that team member ( who was ghost by then ) after the rest of the part was over the bridge. 1-0 part vs PK'ers. No loot for the PK'ers, and you got past there ambush.

Those are thing that happen during good PvP games. You are forced to think. Unlike with PvE, you just figure out the weak points of the AI, and there hit points, and your killing them none stop. The is not with PvP, because every enemy is unique ( thanks to skills & different mixes of weapons/defence ). And more so, because you don't know the mindset of the enemy. Is he luring you in a fall sense of supremacy during battle, or is he really weak. Only when you spend most of your magic, to discover that he pulled out his best weapons, and clovers you good, with not enough magic ingredient left to gate or recall away.

The graphics of DF look kinda strange at first, but after looking at the screenshots some more, they do look kinda nice. The got a nice fantasy feeling to them.

Here's hoping for a open beta soon!

• FrEeQmAsTaFrEeQmAsTa Member Posts: 1

I personally agree with every positive comment about DF thus far.

I'm a big fan of skill based games not ITEM based bullshit games. I hate levels and item based games. They make people over-powered monkey's.

I was anticipating Shadawbane to be met with massive dissapointment. I've been waiting/looking for a game like DF ever since I first started playing UO and got addicited. I'm currently playing on a UO player run shard.

The PVP in UO was/is awesome. EA destroyed the game... but it was pretty much long gone well before EA started influencing that shit.

But, DF looks like all that I want from a game. I'm not a dirty whore that needs a game to have extremelly great graphics or else I won't play. It's all about gameplay. I think that me still playing UO speaks volumes for how I prefer a fun game with lots of custom stuff such as being able to cloth your character and make him/her unique in so many different ways.

I really hope DF delivers and isn't another flop full of emtpy promises.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

What i know about DFO this is game i wanne play!!!!!

Finally a game that implement pvp as main purpose and not first pve and then a little pvp along side.

FFA pvp i want and seems DARKFALL gonne deliverimage

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• identity51identity51 Member Posts: 17

this is the biggest vaporware  ever

just like WISH was going to be so good... just like Dark and lgiht was going to be so good..

haha suckers never learn.

"No one game is perfect but the DEVs have created something special here."

uhm no actually they havent created anything.. other than a few horrible looking alpha videos and some screenshots after 6 years.