Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have an idea...

nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

I'm not sure about you all, but it gets old rehashing the same arguments and talking about how good it was back then and how we got screwed. The reason why I keep reading these forums is because sometimes there are good rumors or information that is posted here. I bet I'm not the only one either.

Now that I found a new game to play, that makes me happy, I don't read these forums every day anymore if even every few days. I wander if there are others like me who don't read them that often anymore.

So here is the idea. Why don't we create a thread where once a week a reliable person posts all the rumors and good info released the previous week in one post. That person could even just post links to threads that were started the previous week to good information. That way, we don't have to wade through the useless posts that usually plague the forums and we can get right to the good stuff. The good rumors and new information.

How many people like this idea and who would volunteer to do it? Surely not all of you really enjoy arguing every day about the past. Wouldn't it be nice to just log in once a week to catch the latest scoop concerning SOE and SWG? I think so.

Comments

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    So you'd like someone to provide you with a personalized service, because you don't want to read forums anymore?

Rumors differentiate the "in" crowd from the masses. Want to be "in", be part of the "in" crowd. It's easy as that.

What you're suggesting is just like Wall Street making a true insider journal, that lists all the shady deals, so that common stockholders can profit from it.

/notSigned from me.

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by Rekrul
    So you'd like someone to provide you with a personalized service, because you don't want to read forums anymore?

Rumors differentiate the "in" crowd from the masses. Want to be "in", be part of the "in" crowd. It's easy as that.

What you're suggesting is just like Wall Street making a true insider journal, that lists all the shady deals, so that common stockholders can profit from it.

/notSigned from me.

Personalized service? This would benefit everyone, but moreso for the people who have something better to do than to read the forums on a daily basis. I still read the forums, but wading through trash threads take up more time than it's worth. I don't care about any rumors really, but just the ones that are based on solid facts. So more like "leaks" instead of rumors.

I think you give yourself too much credit. If there is a such thing as an "in" crowd on a video game forum, that is sad and I really could care less to be in it. "in" crowds are very high schoolish and you can have it if it's that important to you. Besides, whatever is posted on these forums are accessible to the general public, so it's no secret if that is what you are trying to accomplish.

I'm not looking to profit from anything and if everyone is just as hostile as you and uncivil, than I will probably end up not reading these forums again anyways. Being mean doesn't pay off in the end and all you do is push people away. If what you are trying to do is to gather all the bitter people in one room so you can keep each other bitter and unhappy, than more power to you. But don't expect me to beg to become one of you like it is something cool.

But great! You don't support my idea. Big deal.

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

Hey, where do I sign up? You might have to help me find the most efficent format for my report though. I'd like to really max out your info to time spent reading ratio.

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202
    i'm sorry we spam your forum space with our debates but there is a rumor forum that rumors should be in
  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by nthnaoun

I don't support your attitude. Your posts reak of being too good too read these forums, so you want someone to devote their time to provide you with a service.

You want the "sad" "bitter" "one of us" to work for you, "who has something better to do"?

If something takes more time than it's worth, then, by definition itself, it's not worth it. Makes sense...

Rumors also aren't based on facts. You get facts from official sources. Press and other public releases for example.

Originally posted by Rekrul

I don't support your attitude. Your posts reak of being too good too read these forums, so you want someone to devote their time to provide you with a service.

You want the "sad" "bitter" "one of us" to work for you, "who has something better to do"?

If something takes more time than it's worth, then, by definition itself, it's not worth it. Makes sense...

Rumors also aren't based on facts. You get facts from official sources. Press and other public releases for example.

you have always been one of my favorite poster
    You people are hopeless...I mean really. If you think that posting on a forum is something meaningful to do, especially this one, than you have loads of problems. I simply don't have the time to read the forums all day like you all do. But you don't care about that. You all just want someone to flame everyday and today you chose me. Well have fun. I'm through messing with you fools. Have fun in your hate filled forums, I will just get my info from SOE or wait until things actually happen.
  • jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

You people are hopeless...I mean really. If you think that posting on a forum is something meaningful to do, especially this one, than you have loads of problems. I simply don't have the time to read the forums all day like you all do. But you don't care about that. You all just want someone to flame everyday and today you chose me. Well have fun. I'm through messing with you fools. Have fun in your hate filled forums, I will just get my info from SOE or wait until things actually happen.

I just deleted a very nasty rant in response to this gibberish.  Who are you to judge anybody and whether they have problems?

The part in red.  Damn right!  I could care less about your inability to read every post.  I found a way around that.  Don't do it!  And I'm like less intelligent than Einstein and figured that one out without help!

And yeah, we all got together today and said let's flame nthnaoun!  Doc...we need another prescription written for Fluoxetine HCL, 20mg once a day please.

I never realized you were this horrifically self-centered.  Very disappointing.  This is a community, not nthnaoun's personal gripe and bitch board.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Reliable rumor?

You've obviously confused us for someone else.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by jrscott

I just deleted a very nasty rant in response to this gibberish.  Who are you to judge anybody and whether they have problems?

The part in red.  Damn right!  I could care less about your inability to read every post.  I found a way around that.  Don't do it!  And I'm like less intelligent than Einstein and figured that one out without help!

And yeah, we all got together today and said let's flame nthnaoun!  Doc...we need another prescription written for Fluoxetine HCL, 20mg once a day please.

I never realized you were this horrifically self-centered.  Very disappointing.  This is a community, not nthnaoun's personal gripe and bitch board.

blah, blah, blah.../rant

quit your crying.

The preacher wants his soapbox back since you are abusing it.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by jrscott

blah, blah, blah.../rant

quit your crying.

The preacher wants his soapbox back since you are abusing it.

/ROFL 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

oh and i have no problem with people putting rumors in the refuge forums guys, but that isn't the sole purpose of the refuge just so i'm clear