Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 PVP classes and why?

MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
Your thoughts.....

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    That I'm wondering why you're here playing PvP when there are better games centered around PvP out there.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Moirae
    That I'm wondering why you're here playing PvP when there are better games centered around PvP out there.

Moirae, lay off a little why don't you, if you don't want to help him out, then don't but your doing nothing but comming off like a jerk when all you do is add negative comments to each of his posts.

He's here to ask a question and not being offenisve to anyone about it, why do you have to turn this into a pissing contest? And let's face it, EQ2 has PVP, it's a very relivant question. So c'mon, let's all play nice.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by Moirae

Because I've played most of the other games with "better" pvp, and EQ2 has one thing they dont-money drops! Plus the pve is great.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Hey.

Here's my take on it.

1. Warden - You can heal, cause magical/divine damage from a distance, root a player (cant move) and beat the crap out of them with your sword. 

2.  Fury - Pretty much the same thing. A Tad more offensive spells but just as deadly.

3.  Necromancer - There isn't anything finer in the world than sending your smelly zombie in to smear your opponent all over Antonica.  The fun part is to make sure you are hiding so that he'll have to fight your pet or run.  If he sees you, he'll come straight for you because he knows you have low hitpoints. 

Badside:  Your adept 3 pets are the ones you want....which on a pvp server is ungodly expensive. They're the most expensive spells in the game.

4.  Ranger - High lvl ranger skills can do some pretty deadly damage from far away. Plus you can locate any enemy Player from your tracking who isn't hiding.

Badside: Every Tom, Dick, and Harry has one and they recently been nerfed. Don't expect any good ranged skills until 17ish

4. Bruiser - These guys can dish out some amazing damage while having the physique to withstand hits.

Badside: Don't get ganged up on and try not to fight in your low teens because you dont truly shine until your 20-30s

5.  Wizard: If you sneak up on your enemy you pretty much won the fight.  There is no way in hell he'll come out alive (unless you decided to mess with an orange conned Player or higher). Your magic nukes will take him out faster than poop in an operating room.  Your root spell is nice and pretty strong.

Badside:  If you get caught from behind or been ambushed, you're pretty much dead.  Your hitpoints are low and your armor is practically non existant.

This is just my opinion. I am sure other people have other good picks.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Good stuff, keep it coming guys. How are monks in pvp, by the way? Also, how does a berserker compare to a bruiser, I always thought they were about the same minus the cool weapons for the bruiser.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Do you know how gold farmers are looked upon? Don't post that crap here. You have been reported.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Aye, he'll more than likely be banned

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Originally posted by MMORPDEATH
    Good stuff, keep it coming guys. How are monks in pvp, by the way? Also, how does a berserker compare to a bruiser, I always thought they were about the same minus the cool weapons for the bruiser.

Monks are godly in PVP vs. assassins and brigands (until they hit 50-60). They also do well vs casters(non-healers), provided you take the necessary potions to unroot yourself and time your stuns properly.

SKs might give you a little trouble, since they have melee dmg reactive health drains, although I've played both classes and would have to say that in every SK vs Monk fight the results were close.

Dirges and troubadours are tough, until you get fear, since they can kite you while casting on the run.

Berserkers are intially a tad weak, but are absolutely devastating in group PVP, since they have very good melee AOE.

Bruisers don't have the WTFBBQ AOE, but are more like a monk: They have high damage single-target skills as well as high avoidance..

It's pretty much fair to say that monk ~= bruiser (approximately equal to) , if you choose to pursue the brawler archetype.

In the early game (10-30), however, furies and wardens are PVP gods, since equipment with resists is harder to come by.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: SKs get a 15 minute I win button that deals IMMENSE damage.. Pallies get wards and a free huge heal ... both of the aforementioned are also great PVP classes.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• moonDOTdkmoonDOTdk Member Posts: 50

1: Warden mainly cus of root.
    2: Brigand, chain armor, high damage spells, sneak.
    3: Bruisers High avoidence, self heal, ok high damage.
    4: Fury dots and good hot's, got snare also.
    5: Warlock root, high damage, but goes down fast cus of cloth

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Heres the current top 10 on the kill list for the PvP servers

1. Ranger (8759 kills)

2. Monk

3. Swashbuckler

4. Assassin

5. Warden

6. Necromancer

7. Assassin

8. Brigand

9. Assassin

10. Monk (5873 kills)

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    That list is pretty descriptive if you break it down to class family.  If I got my classes right 6 of the 10 are scouts? 
  • neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Back when I played EQ2 (eariler this year) Monks and Bruisers rocked in PvP.  I played both and with such tools as FD/PD and high avoidance you could pretty much own the field.

I had good luck with my Swashie even though I know a lot of people don't like them for PvP, but I enjoyed tracking (not sure if it has changed for PvP over the past couple of months or not). 

My Warlock that I played with didn't fair too well 1v1 at PvP but worked great with Group PvP as long as he could stand back and let the AOE attacks go off.

I did play a Fury PvP too but not enough really to comment on that aspect.

While I never found PvP in EQ2 to be as much fun as GW or even WoW I thought it was fair enough to enjoy.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• ab29xab29x Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by neuronomad
    Back when I played EQ2 (eariler this year) Monks and Bruisers rocked in PvP.  I played both and with such tools as FD/PD and high avoidance you could pretty much own the field.

I had good luck with my Swashie even though I know a lot of people don't like them for PvP, but I enjoyed tracking (not sure if it has changed for PvP over the past couple of months or not). 

My Warlock that I played with didn't fair too well 1v1 at PvP but worked great with Group PvP as long as he could stand back and let the AOE attacks go off.

I did play a Fury PvP too but not enough really to comment on that aspect.

While I never found PvP in EQ2 to be as much fun as GW or even WoW I thought it was fair enough to enjoy.

Not that I dislike WoW, I really don't have a feeling either way about it after playing it for a year, but PvP is EQ2 is much more fun than WoW.   Theres lots of points and rewards and reasons that make it fun.

Top classes? no idea.  However I'm a swashbuckler and my girlfriend is a monk.  With me being able to invis her it's a pretty good one two punch, and we duo for xp a lot as well.  It works really well.

Edit: My track is all over the place.  Sometimes it doesn't show me a green enemy  just outside of view range.  Other times, it'll track a stealthed orange half way across ant.