Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga Of Ryzom... free?

MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
What makes the free trial a trial and not the full free version?

They're kidna scetchy about that on the main site.

Comments

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666
    You are confined to the begining Island, but it's pretty big.

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978
    The client you get for the free trial *is* the Ryzom client. If you decide to play the full game, all you do is pay and go to the mainland. You won't have to DL anything else (unless you happen to do it on a day when they do a patch or something). The only limits on the trial island are that (a) you can't leave the island, and as a result, since only level 1-45 stuff exists on the island (b) it's not really possible to get much above 50th or 60th level in the various skills on the island (at some point you get so far above things that you get no XP). Also, certain skill stanzas are not available on the island, but that's mostly a minor issue since the majority of them are not really useful at low levels anyway, or couldn't be used on the island (for instance, there are no "Choice" resources on the island so buying the choice resource prospecting skill would be a waste).

C

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411
    Yup the Free trial gives you unlimited time to the starting island of the Ruins of Silan.  You can use the Ryzom Ring editor in a limited way, but not host your scenarios for others.

You have the full client, and there is no initial fee to play on the mainland, just the montly fee.  So you don't need to buy a CD key.  Subscribing gives you access to the mainland, and full access to Ryzom Ring, along with all the extra skills/content avaliable to you there.

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

So whats good about this game? I remember a friend of mine tried this out a while back.  While he did like certain elements I recall he mentioned the world was empty,after he left the noob area.

He basicly liked the start areas but the mainland turned into grindfest and the game lacked direction or the population to support its mechanics. He also said the crafting was endless grindfest.

I guess my question is why is this game ranked 3? Has it changed ? I realize the voting here is skewed (since WoW is far and away the best game out atm, 7.5 million people voted it no#1 with their wallets). So who is voting this game up? People that never leave the free starting area?

• Jade6Jade6 Member Posts: 429

Originally posted by Shazzel
    I guess my question is why is this game ranked 3? Has it changed?

Ryzom Ring. Players can create their own adventures and content now.