Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It gets even better. Helios attempting damage control

2»

Comments

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    i am seeing the letter from chris pop up in boards all over in cross games and in beta boards.
     The same reaction , of "right on developers tell it like it is" surprises me to no end.
     While in no way does a customer need to be derogatory, the idea that folks accept whatever
    a leader puts out and states just floors me.
       What they did with nge changed gaming. From folks leaving mmorpgs never to try the genra again, to folks not putting up with sloppyiness as readily as they once did. The other thing it achieved was folks not staying in a sloppy release and hoping it gets better.
      There are indeed lessons to be learned from what the team at swg did.
     For the sheep over there on the offical fourms going ya right on chris, right on Helios, frankly you deserve the game you are currently paying for.

• ShiloFieldsShiloFields Member Posts: 252

The whole Chris Cao thing does strike me as a sign of exaxperation on the part of the Devs.  Of course its enviteable.  Their very small vision of what the game should be game conflicts with what most players want.

As for Helios' posts about the crafting system.  Same comment.  The more he says about it, the more people will be upset.  They intend to remove all interdepency.  They want combat players to be 100% without ever interacting with a crafter. Its their goal.  So as they let out information about what they intend to do it necessarily will upset players.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    When envisioning the SOE Devs getting together to discuss how well the NGE is doing, this is the picture I get:

Click the one called celebration

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Nasedoo

Originally posted by swiftflow
    this is a sure sign that the Devs are starting to crack up under the past and present player's continued criticism. SOE devs have just admitted they are under serious pressure and are asking for people to lay off. I say keep the heat on until they are all fired and SWG is in ashes. I could care less about a pre-cu server at this point and so should you!

/agree... any one every thought that Satan is pushing all the buttons now? can there be any more evil out there then these's guys??

i turly believe Satan is commanding all these's guys..... i swear to god.. i feel something is really wrong here., so im geting out of here be for it blows up.. screw the pre-cu i dont care any more. im not ready to have my soul destryoed or tookin from my be satan him self.. i quit..

If Satan owned SWG he's sell it and use the money to pay for a timecard for WoW!

Seriously I'd imagine Satan to be far more competent at business, if he ran an MMORPG it'd be WoW, more money and more young minds to twist and pervert. Also instead of blaming the playerbase he'd blame god for being counter productive and cluttering up the forums, therefore preventing his DEVs from doing any decent work!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• BrentmeisterBrentmeister Member Posts: 79
    Have these Mental Midgets ever asked themselves on simple question.... WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO GD PISSED OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE? Do they really think that all of us who are angry at them are unbalanced, idiotic mouth breathers (which seems to be what they would see looking in the mirror) who need to be told what is fun and what we should enjoy? Never underestimate the stupidity of a SOE SWG dev team member.

There's free love on the Freelove Freeway.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Brentmeister
    Have these Mental Midgets ever asked themselves on simple question.... WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO GD PISSED OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE? Do they really think that all of us who are angry at them are unbalanced, idiotic mouth breathers (which seems to be what they would see looking in the mirror) who need to be told what is fun and what we should enjoy? Never underestimate the stupidity of a SOE SWG dev team member.

You are absolutely correct.  That is exactly it.  ChrisCao and Helios behave as if all this happened in a vacuum, that there IS no reason behind all the negativity.

If you listen to them the problem with the NGE fiasco is that they needed to "communicate better".  Uh, no, there is no amount of communication that will fix a bad idea and a bad product when you aren't willing to listen to the guy on the other end.  Communication is two way.

They either are a bunch of clueless trained monkeys who are too stupid to grasp all this, or they are a bunch of liars attempting Clintonian spin.  Well, they aren't slick enough to be dust on Slick Willie's shoes.

What these assholes don't understand is the fact that the NGE is STILL getting white hot flack even on their heavily censored message board and that there are still cries for PRE CU more than a year after it was gone is ACTUALLY A GOOD THING.  Why?  Because most of us haven't moved on yet, we still care about SWG that we loved enough to still bash it every day.

But they are too dumb to realize it.

What they don't get is that the negativity can go away as quickly as they give us our game back.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Im really so sick of all this, its like slamming my head into a brick wall over and over.   But I just cant seem to look away...  Its like watching a burning building, or a massive car wreck.  Your horrified, but drawn it at the same time...   Uggghhh, i think i need to go throw up now.  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    As you reap ...... yadda yadda yadda.

I mean, they just don't get the basic fact that when the community overwhelmingly told them "Please don't" on the NGE and they responded with "too bad, we're doing it anyway" that their credibility and goodwill with their community was gone ... forever.

Then add in the "spin" they've put on every issue since then that is just a slap in the face to honest, adult customers who wanted to do business with them.  Now "oh we can't communicate like we promised because you're so mean to us when we do.

Oh PLEASE, who's the Professional here?

Well, judging by the quality of the work being done .... absolutely nobody.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"i am seeing the letter from chris pop up in boards all over in cross games and in beta boards.
     The same reaction , of "right on developers tell it like it is" surprises me to no end.
     While in no way does a customer need to be derogatory, the idea that folks accept whatever
    a leader puts out and states just floors me."

The sad part is the people that say "its about time the devs stood up to you" are the real mental midgets.

I guess somehow that these people don't realize.. If the devs piss off enough people.. or enough take the forum advice of "don't let the door hit you in the arse" then the game goes away.  That goes for any game made by a large publicly traded corporate.

We aren't talking about some small self owned business that gets to do as they please.

We are talking about a huge corporate that is already ... looking at in the last 5 years.. a stock value that fell from $120 to $38 and change.

That doesn't make for happy investors.

Treating your customers like they have... and if its any indication of their standard company policy.. its no wonder.

To bad they can't lock.. ban or not answer investor questions.

Perhaps the fanboi forum trolls can show up at the next shareholders meeting.. to tell the investors to not let the door hit them in the arse.  Lets see how that works out..

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

The sheer audacity of the original post on that thread, and Helios' lame cover, just astounds me.

ChrisCao: "If you don't like it, pi$$ off."

Helios: "What he was trying to say is, if you don't like it, pi$$ off."

Yet ass-kissers like Wepps and Mrebel stay out of trouble while I get hit with a month ban and a last warning. Read the posts of mine that havent been deleted.

(same forum handle btw)

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    Cao & Helios, one other thought --

This overwhelming negativity you're so annoyed by?  This is from the people who still like your product enough to pay for it and have the privilege of posting on your forums.

You want to see how your average customer that ever bought the game feels about your competence and business ethics?  You won't find it at the SOE forums.

Hmm.  Where?  Where could they possibly see just how low their image has sunk in the gaming community?

Hey ..... maybe we know a place ..... :)

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by KzinKiller
    Cao & Helios, one other thought --

This overwhelming negativity you're so annoyed by?  This is from the people who still like your product enough to pay for it and have the privilege of posting on your forums.

You want to see how your average customer that ever bought the game feels about your competence and business ethics?  You won't find it at the SOE forums.

Hmm.  Where?  Where could they possibly see just how low their image has sunk in the gaming community?

Hey ..... maybe we know a place ..... :)

Not anymore. I got banninated for posting on that thread.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

wildcat,

Something caught my eye to add to your countdown list. Remember back during spring they dropped the swg game cards compeletly? There was a struggle to find the game cards finnaly an annoucnment was made about a "new change to the game card system"

My last card i bought had axcess to any of the station pass games for 14.99 a month but it was only a 30 day card. Could that have been an early sign folks missed about the two month subscription cards???

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

Well Helios, amusing bridge builder analogy.

Perhaps if the architect hadn't built the bridge and left it for a couple of years before brutally blowing it up whilst many townsfolk were using it, the townsfolk might not be on your back about the building of the new bridge at every single step.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Im sorry, i dont follow stocks at all.( i think of investing in stocks as gambling against people who can get away with cheating)

So is this really true "a stock value that fell from $120 to $38 and change" ?

yes and they got an ear full from their stock holders ( sony did that is ) and there is skuttle but if the ps3 fails to deliver some reorganzation will be done to their different divsions. This is not a rummor. Look up sony look at their chart and when their stock fell.

You can gogle sony president speech to the stock holders meeting and what they are planning to do about there "current slump"

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    "Im sorry, i dont follow stocks at all.( i think of investing in stocks as gambling against people who can get away with cheating)

So is this really true "a stock value that fell from $120 to $38 and change" ?"

Um yes... its true.

Here is the story from the last Tokyo meeting:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/22/ap/business/mainD8ID49VO0.shtml

"One shareholder, who identified herself only by her surname Kasahara, said she bought Sony shares at 14,000 yen ($120)."

At that time the Sony stock had risen a bit to $43.. but as was reported on gamespot news in the last couple of days.  Sony shares fell to $38 and change in the last week due to "bad" news on the PS3.

"Uncertainties about Sony's video-game business have weighed on investor sentiments.

Sony has a lot banking on the PlayStation 3 video-game machine, the upgrade for the successful PlayStation 2, but delayed its introduction by several months to November."

As far as I'm aware SOE is actually listed as part of Sony Pictures which is one of the many parts of Sony Corp.

I'm fairly certain that these stock holders who were rather pissed off.. don't really know how Sony treats its customers. 

What I am certain of.. is that when those people ask enough questions about the money they have lost personally.  SWGMod001 will not be able to silence them...

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Antarious
    "Im sorry, i dont follow stocks at all.( i think of investing in stocks as gambling against people who can get away with cheating)
    So is this really true "a stock value that fell from $120 to $38 and change" ?"

Um yes... its true.

Here is the story from the last Tokyo meeting:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/22/ap/business/mainD8ID49VO0.shtml
    "One shareholder, who identified herself only by her surname Kasahara, said she bought Sony shares at 14,000 yen ($120)."
    At that time the Sony stock had risen a bit to $43.. but as was reported on gamespot news in the last couple of days.  Sony shares fell to $38 and change in the last week due to "bad" news on the PS3.
    "Uncertainties about Sony's video-game business have weighed on investor sentiments.

Sony has a lot banking on the PlayStation 3 video-game machine, the upgrade for the successful PlayStation 2, but delayed its introduction by several months to November."

As far as I'm aware SOE is actually listed as part of Sony Pictures which is one of the many parts of Sony Corp.
    I'm fairly certain that these stock holders who were rather pissed off.. don't really know how Sony treats its customers. 
    What I am certain of.. is that when those people ask enough questions about the money they have lost personally.  SWGMod001 will not be able to silence them...

went to that link and it looks like The Empire (Sony) is geting destroyed.... Keep up the hard work REBELS!! we are almost free!

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    When envisioning the SOE Devs getting together to discuss how well the NGE is doing, this is the picture I get:

Click the one called celebration

whats they know the trust they can't accept it so they lie to them selfs..

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• kissodeathkissodeath Member Posts: 102
    I must be lost I at the bridge, but all I see is a rowboat with no paddles.