Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helios

2»

Comments

• SelothSeloth Member Posts: 388

The funny/sad part of this discussion for me is not about the person helios. Frankly he makes games to suit his view of an joyable game, and that is fine. Might not be my version of an enjoyable and that is fine too.

Th Funny part is back a few months ago Smedly comes out swinging saying DC was alot easier to deal with than some other IP holders that they are working with (LA anyone?).

Prior to this we have Mr Jeff Freeman admitting and taking credit for NGE. About the same time we get Our Lady of Reading Nancy proclaiming that gamers want instant gratification and not taxed with the use of higher brain functions.

Sadly in the end I have agree with shayde. LA said not enough subs, SoE says to the codes "new ideas now!" Freeman shows management a shooter hybred, SoE goes to LA and say here is what we have come up with, LA says good make it happen before the holiday shoppign season, SoE knows that 3 months to reenineer the game is impossible, but says SURE NO PROBLEM. end result is a trainwreck.

The fall out is that every can and does blame everyone else for the mess that they are left with. The coders may or may not have readable/logical documentation on the game pre-nge, pre-cu. They are again ordered from on high to fix teh probems and are trying to keep this new hybred engine and layer over (or strip back) to the parts of the game that everyone in SoE agrees is what we the refugees liked. 

Result even more issues, kludges, and bias like Helios where in he does not think player intereaction is a good thing. Well save to pvp.

• AhotareAhotare Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by miagisan
    ...Then he needs to be fired and placed outside with a sign on his chest saying "i helped destroy SWG"...

You mean wear a shirt that says:

Chest:    "I helped destroy SWG"

Back:     "And all I got was this Lousy T-Shirt!"

"PWNED!!!!!!11111oneooneone"

Ick.