Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The day everyone went psycho

Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

DEVs - what about a Classic Server?
Wepps

Jedi

Wepps

Reply 1 of 14

Viewed 150 times

The more I think about it, I wonder what would hold back SOE from delivering a second version of SWG.

Subscriptions
could only go up meaning more revenues. Time-spent would be minimal.
There is really no downside, aside from people probably overloading
those servers initially but it will all even out.

There are
actually a lot of us that like where SWG is going now. I know I'll be
playing it regardless. But there are a lot sort of waiting in the wings
hoping to play the old game too.

Is there any thought from DEV concerning this possibility?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And those that pray for dew at the desert's edge - shall bring forth the deluge." - Dune, The Preacher

Live from Tikrit

"Reality is not obligated to conform to your point of view." - Wepps

This

Thio

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    This is insanity.  ChrisCao goes nuts and starts a pissing match with the customers, and Wepps asks for pre-CU.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Yeah, i just read that. Needless to say i need a new cup of coffee and my employer needs to get me a new keyboard.
    Creditsfarmers leaving the game and now this.
    This is truly the end for SWG-NGE

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    something just dawned on me, did chris get a memo about the game sunseting and as a last act of rebelion slam the boards, as a difiant act????? hummm
     He did this before with crafters back in  March too , incidently not his first post that caused troubles

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

edit: nm

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    NIGHT IS DAY

BLACK IS WHITE

DOGS AND CATS ARE LIVING TOGETHER.. MASS HYSTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody hold me.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Shayde
    NIGHT IS DAY

BLACK IS WHITE

Somebody hold me.

Basically all the worst parts of the Old Testament :)

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

NIGHT IS DAY

BLACK IS WHITE

Somebody hold me.

I just saw that again a couple nights ago.  It's still a decent movie
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    DEVs - what about a Classic Server?
    Wepps
    Jedi

Wepps
    Reply 1 of 14

Viewed 150 times

The more I think about it, I wonder what would hold back SOE from delivering a second version of SWG.

Subscriptions could only go up meaning more revenues. Time-spent would be minimal. There is really no downside, aside from people probably overloading those servers initially but it will all even out.

There are actually a lot of us that like where SWG is going now. I know I'll be playing it regardless. But there are a lot sort of waiting in the wings hoping to play the old game too.

Is there any thought from DEV concerning this possibility?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And those that pray for dew at the desert's edge - shall bring forth the deluge." - Dune, The Preacher

Live from Tikrit

"Reality is not obligated to conform to your point of view." - Wepps

This

Thio

/equipTinfoilHat

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    save that wepps post it got deleted 

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    isnt it wierd Cao would make this comment right after the 21 day trial that gave forum access back to alot of disgruntled vets.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

NIGHT IS DAY

BLACK IS WHITE

Somebody hold me.

"hires someone else to hold Shayde since I don't want to look gay"
  • TheRealEdagTheRealEdag Member Posts: 1

I feel I have no grounds to step into this conversation, but I must. Infact, this thread had gotten to me so much Ihad to register here.

In the days of old, I was a somewhat prominent player on Shadowfire. I miss those days. I've gone every day since the CU looking for a game to fill the shoes that SWG had put forth. I built a gaming rig for this game, I built my life around this game. I will not, ever understand the reasoning for the CU, and I for one would pay double for a classic server.

No one can tally with great certainty the ammount of people that came to WoW and the others after the CU, but I cannot forsee any way you could loose more people then you would gain reveting back.

I salute this site for providing a forum for the thousands that left the game that fatefulday...

Who cares what Wepps says.  He's a moron.  Morons like him just want the spotlight and will say anything to get it.  I've been reading his crap for years.  He goes back and forth often.  Hell, he even quit the "great" game for a few months.  Anything he says is meaningless.
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Darklighter1
    Who cares what Wepps says.  He's a moron.  Morons like him just want the spotlight and will say anything to get it.  I've been reading his crap for years.  He goes back and forth often.  Hell, he even quit the "great" game for a few months.  Anything he says is meaningless.

Aw come-on. It's fun.

Like watching tennis, except Wepps is the ball getting whacked back and fourth to each side.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Darklighter1
    Aw come-on. It's fun.

Like watching tennis, except Wepps is the ball getting whacked back and fourth to each side.

It's more fun to call people like him out for the fraud he is, I'll give you that.  ;)
  • DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Meanwhile, from the "Hammer to the Groin" Department on Oct 5, 2006...

This has been addressed in the past and there will be no classic servers.

Nadias
    Community Relations
    SOE Forum Usage Guidelines
  • BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162

I have one very positive thing to say for ChrisCao. I believe him.

At least he was honest in his appraisal that SOE couldn't give a rats @$$ about opinions that differ from theirs.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by TheRealEdag

I feel I have no grounds to step into this conversation, but I must. Infact, this thread had gotten to me so much Ihad to register here.
    In the days of old, I was a somewhat prominent player on Shadowfire. I miss those days. I've gone every day since the CU looking for a game to fill the shoes that SWG had put forth. I built a gaming rig for this game, I built my life around this game. I will not, ever understand the reasoning for the CU, and I for one would pay double for a classic server.
    No one can tally with great certainty the ammount of people that came to WoW and the others after the CU, but I cannot forsee any way you could loose more people then you would gain reveting back.
    I salute this site for providing a forum for the thousands that left the game that fatefulday...

Welcome, and i will see your double and raise you a triple.......  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi
    isnt it wierd Cao would make this comment right after the 21 day trial that gave forum access back to alot of disgruntled vets.

A friend of mine reinstalled today planning on using the 21 day return, only to read-up on the changes on the official forum to prepare while it was installing, and read that post & forward it to me... then he uninstalled SWG and cracked his CD's... CC's an F'in idiot, just wow....

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145

Must be a full moon. But I mean, come on people, on the SWG forums:

I think SOMETHING is going on...

Something more than random forum trolling had to push ChrisCrap to do what he did.  His post was completely unprofessional.

To complain about flaming of the Devs on the message board he started a thread that would only create more of it.

Something is up.  We all of a sudden have 3 expertises in one publish and even hints of entertainers getting their expertise.  Crafting revamp canceled though...

I think this is the last desperate gasp of the NGE leading us to Christmas.

Originally posted by superkewl
    2day the vets won the first battle in war 2 get pre-cu back. now the only nge lover wepps is backing 4 pre-cu 2 day be a good day but not till pre-cu come back. 

Wepps is insignificant.

But having a Dev meltown in public, on the forums by the Creative Director, ChrisCao was definitely a victory.  In 2 posts the asshole managed to outshine Helios as the biggest idiot among the Devs.  Indeed, his little supernova even outshines Smed and Julio at the moment.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

I think SOMETHING is going on...

Something more than random forum trolling had to push ChrisCrap to do what he did.  His post was completely unprofessional.

To complain about flaming of the Devs on the message board he started a thread that would only create more of it.

Something is up.  We all of a sudden have 3 expertises in one publish and even hints of entertainers getting their expertise.  Crafting revamp canceled though...

I think this is the last desperate gasp of the NGE leading us to Christmas.

I have to concur, this recent flareup of bizarre activity it significant.  I think I'll be reading Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation before I go to bed.  The END IS NEAR.

I hope Neo saves Zion (pre-CU) in this episode. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

In 2 posts the asshole managed to outshine Helios as the biggest idiot among the Devs.  Indeed, his little supernova even outshines Smed and Julio at the moment.

This little light of mine,
    I'm gonna let it shine,
    Let it shine,
    Let it shine,
    Let it shine.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little happier than usual. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625
    The reason I don't read anything else into Cao's statement is ....

Ok, he did something dumb and rather pointless to the detriment of the game.

And ... what's the new part here, again?