Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

latest from Helios

HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

What are your ideas for new craftables or
for improving existing craftables, specifically for this profession? 
For new item ideas, the focus should be on consumeable or rechargeable
items.  Be as creative and as detailed as you like, but please keep it
restricted to this profession as much as possible.

-The Dark Lord Helios
-Lead Designer, SWG
"There is no reality in the absence of observation."

He posted this in all four crafter forums. Looks like there is gonna be no decay and crafters is gonna be left with crafting trinkets and useless crap.

Hauken Stormchaser
I want pre-CU back
Station.com : We got your game
Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

Comments

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    There is absolutely no way this can work without some form of decay to destruction.  The economy is based on it, and there is no way around it.  Period.  It doesnt have to be high, and workable repair kits should be implemented, but it has to be in there.   Until they bite the bullet and accept that, their just spinning their wheels.   

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252
    I always thought that laser guns required excessive amounts of energy.  To me it it obvious you would need to recharge weapons or carry high power batteries.  What a great opportunity to return some usefulness to Weaponsmiths.  Consumable weapons charges with special damage types and differing stats based upon resource and skill level.

Who wants to bet this will never make it into the game because it is "too complex" and the combat players will whine because they don't want to have to depend on crafters?  Wahhhh!

Honestly though, I like his question and do note he is focusing on consumables and rechargables.  That DOES generate repeat business, much like missiles for Shipwrights and grenades for Weaponsmiths.  It's not a bad idea, but it is also not a complete answer.

I like Helios' signature but recommend a change:  "There are no subscribers in the absence of fun."

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ChessackChessack Member Posts: 978
    This just proves they do not understand what they are doing.

Consumables -- things that can be consumed or recharged... How is this, in practice, any different from decay, which they keep saying the non-crafters hate? Why do non-crafters hate decay? It's not because it's "decay", but because it forces them to keep finding crafters and re-buying things they already paid for. Which is exactly what you will have to do with consumables and rechargeables.

The fact that he thinks there is a difference just shows that he does not understand WHY the loud-mouthed whiners complained about decay in the first place. (And also ignores the fact that many people had no problem with decay itself, but had a problem with the decay RATE.)

C

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by jrscott

Who wants to bet this will never make it into the game
    because it is "too complex" and the combat players will whine because
    they don't want to have to depend on crafters?  Wahhhh!

The writing has been on the wall for crafters becoming unimportant and
    unnecessary for so long that it just shouldn't come as a surprise any
    more when they say things like this.

Ammo or 'power packs' will not go in, exactly for the reason you
    described:  Crafters won't be allowed to make anything that combat
    players absolutely have to have.  It's okay if they make things that are nice to have, but they can't be essential. 
    This is the core thinking of the people allegedly trying to fix the
    'Economy' of SWG.  Crafters need to make money making things that are nice but not necessary --
    and they say this with a straight face as if it wasn't obviously (a) of
    no interest to adults that want to play crafters and (b) a recipe for
    economic disaster.

They're just not designing an MMO any more, and it's duplicitous nonsense to keep claiming they are.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Hauken

What are your ideas for new craftables or for improving existing craftables, specifically for this profession?  For new item ideas, the focus should be on consumeable or rechargeable items.  Be as creative and as detailed as you like, but please keep it restricted to this profession as much as possible.
    -The Dark Lord Helios
    -Lead Designer, SWG
    "There is no reality in the absence of observation."

He posted this in all four crafter forums. Looks like there is gonna be no decay and crafters is gonna be left with crafting trinkets and useless crap.

trinkets........i guess if they need idea's they go to WOW and steal there idea's and put them in SWG..

sorry copy of WOW

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Slightly off topic.

But add-ons, the ones you could place on your weapons...what ever happened to
    them getting added to your gun instead of just stats?

How curved the path has become.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me