Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill Progression

VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Can someone please elaborate on how the skills will be done?  I read somewhere that it will be similar to AO's.  I seriously hope so.  That was one of my favorite things over all the mmo's I've played.  It takes character customization to an entirely new level.

So, if anyone has any info, links, or anything pertaining to this, please post.  Thanks.

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

"In addition to the character class choices, the player will be able to select feats, skills, special attacks and combos. Every two levels, you get one feat point, and every five levels of the 80 max, you get a whole bunch of points to select feats that feats unlock the ability to do attacks, equip gear and what-not. Every level, you get 10 skill points to distribute on skills, and every 10 percent of a level, you get another point. The skills increase the chance of climbing, opening doors, speed of regaining health, etc."

IGN, 17th June 2005 (Gaute Godager)

"Each class hasn't got too many skills in the strict, literal sense of the word), but they will have many, many feats, combos and special moves. Some classes will have spells. Combos will be the main addition of damage in battle. They will be learnt from tutors, and need to be trained. Combos will kick-in even for ranged combat or spell combat."

IGN, 11th May 2005 (Gaute Godager)

Both of these quotes are pretty old, its safe to say some details are different by this point. But you can still get a good idea of what it may be like. So, when comparing it to AO's system, looks like it takes out from the regular skills, and puts more choices into something like the Perks you get with the expansions.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway