Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW South Park Episode

OMG this episode is freakin amazing...

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• I just saw it, it didn't really portray wow correctly, but they got the mmorpg stereotype right. very hilarious
  • CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    Absolutely the best episode of anything, ever, in the history of television.

10/10

''How do you kill that which has no life¿''

May Southpark forever live in infamy...

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• AnskierAnskier Member UncommonPosts: 59
    That was funny as hell

What do we do now?
    Duh now we can finally play the game stupid

Also, they've done the best parody in regards to mocking the people who use teamspeak that I've ever seen in my entire life. One guy, acting like he knows it all, while the others make excuses.

It really was flawless.

• MoongloMoonglo Member Posts: 101

My son came into the living room to remind me it was on so I missed the first 10 minutes. Yeah I am a "cool" dad who watches South Park from time to time with his 16 year old.  It was really funny  8 out of 10. There are other episodes better than that one though. It deserves Top 10 episode status I think.

They didn't have any Horde characters which imo kinda sucked. They missed a few shots at some killer jokes too. They got the stereotypes right on.

My favorite part was "Mom....MOM...Bathroom...bathroom and the inevitible 7 seconds after." It was pretty sick :)

Was that a human hunter I saw? lol

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Moonglo
    They didn't have any Horde characters which imo kinda sucked.
    Trey Parker and Matt Stone are probably Alliance Players. lol

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Best part was when the Blizzard devs said they didn't have a WoW account =)

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

Originally posted by Cymdai
    Also, they've done the best parody in regards to mocking the people who use teamspeak that I've ever seen in my entire life. One guy, acting like he knows it all, while the others make excuses.

It really was flawless.

I kept waiting for the "More..dots...more.dots...followed by the cussout session. but alas :(

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Best South Park EVER!

• Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

I noticed this to, he said it was a lvl 2 hunter, but humans cant be hunters but rather a warrior..oh well

Does anyone know if that sword is in the game? Or was it just used for that episode?

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Originally posted by Squall15

I noticed this to, he said it was a lvl 2 hunter, but humans cant be hunters but rather a warrior..oh well

Does anyone know if that sword is in the game? Or was it just used for that episode?

Yes....lol its real...

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53954

well..the graphic atleast

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

I think a DKP minus and a Cloudsong reference would have allowed me to have an orgasm.

God bless www.ytmnd.com for those 2 laughs...

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    When i played WoW, I had raid leader exactly like that.   I know they mixed some classes and races, but the whole episode was awsome.

The best quote though

Don"t you have a WoW account"?

"No, I have a life"

I was also waiting for "Stuck at Authenticating" or a GODAWFUL queue when Stan's dad was logging on to save the day.

I would have cried out loud from laughter, but noooo...

• evirusevirus Member Posts: 37
    To summorize the world of warcraft episode of South Park:

the episode begins with Cartman meets up with the rest of the gang(Stan Kyle and Kenny). as they head off for a quest a character runs up and Kills them instantly(references are made that PvP must be agreed to before hand, but the character is somehow capable of killing players anyways). the gang gathers the rest of the kids in an attempt to fight the player killer. During the battle Stan's Father logs in and trys to join the fight(at level 2) everyone is killed and all accept cartman decide to stop playing. the next day Cartman reveals a plan to kill the player killer by grinding to a vary high level(taking several weeks of constant play and 3 hours of sleep a night). there is then a "training montage" showing the gang playing while drinking energy drinks, gaining weight, and breaking out with zits.

Aso in the episode there are scenes where the blizzard "board" in charge of WoW discuss the events. After the board sees the gang training they say their chances are vary slim. one of the board members talks about an item that although was powerful enough to help, was removed from the game before release and put on to a USB drive. Two members from the board show up at Stan's house, after admitting they didn't have an account to use inorder to trade the item stans father leads them to a video game store where a live demo is on display. stan's father logs in gives the sword to Stan and is quickly killed by the player killer, after the player killer is defeated there is an overly dramatic death scene, the gang then goes on to do what they orignaly wanted, play the game. end of episode.

suprisingly there are only two gross scenes in this episode, one where in the middle of the "final battle" cartman starts yelling that he hast to go to the bathroom, his mom comes rushing in with a bucket. the other involves cartman's character in WoW dealing the final blow, a mallet to the head which shows blood and all that.

blah

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

Originally posted by tigris67

Originally posted by Squall15

Yes....lol its real...

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53954

well..the graphic atleast

The price for that sword will probably triple now after that episode hehe.
  • ExyreExyre Member UncommonPosts: 136
    best... ever...
  • Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953
    I was embarrased to recognize every part of WoW in the southpark episode.  I mean I was really embarrased.  I was sweating embarrased.

The Southpark writers did a superb job of telling the morality tale of where all MMORPG's fall short.  It was also really freaking hillarious.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Enjoyable, but not perfect.

The writers of Southpark managed to squeeze in almost everything wrong with MMORPG's in half an hour.  They got some brilliant writers over there.

-Ganking.

-Massive power difference in levels.

-Dweeb factor

-Teamspeak dweebs

-Grinding.

-Quest grinding.

-Fat 35 year olds that play 20 hours a day.

-Koreans (implying gold farming)

-Carpal tunnel syndrome

-Angry parents who hate how the games take up too much of their kid's time and ruin their health.

-Pushover parents who let their kids do anything they want, even if the game takes all of their time and ruin their kid's health.

-Noobs who just want to have fun (a father character in Southpark that wanted to have fun playing WoW with his son), but can't join their real life buddies because of level differences.

-Brainless Developers.

-Uber weapons (Sword of 1,000 truths hehe)

That episode had it all, it was absolutely hillarious.

Originally posted by TheWarc

Enjoyable, but not perfect.

I disagree, I give it a 10/10 perfect score.  They hit the bullseye on the entire MMORPG market.

I know one of the Southpark Writers (Arent there like only 2 of them?) plays too much MMO.  Only someone who plays too much MMO can hit the mark on every issue so well.  So they must have a gaming dweeb at Comedy Central.  :)
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Made me cancel all my mmo accounts
  • HerkmeckHerkmeck Member Posts: 206

So Dumb meets Dumber in real life?  I pride my self in never watching that movie or South Park.  Both rate the same...-5 on my scale of 1-10.  -5 is grab the writers off the street and hang them over the lions in the zoo, after watching it.

• evirusevirus Member Posts: 37
    ... um whats your problem with south park?

blah

• HellmoonHellmoon Member Posts: 7
    SPvsWoW Stream

Google Video Stream

Best Episode ever