Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is one of these games

2»

Comments

• blakkblakk Member Posts: 33
    since the game is"one of these" intelligent game out there i dont care of the graphics.Plus Funcom is working on "one of these" big titles game(Age of Conan) which will blow many games graphically.AoC is their main occupation atm.Thatll be big..and if AoC is intelligently done as Funcom is used to do,you guys might think to move on AoC!

It might not be Sci-Fi,but it still far away from the old "elves orcs dwarfs gnomes" concept.

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546
    I suspect FunCom's aim is to have(keep) a SciFi/Cyberpunk styled game while adding a MMORPG in the more popular dungeons and dragons genre.  As it is, AO is starting to get hand-me-down bits of code developed for AoC and will thus gain a bit in performance and graphics from that association.  16.4.0 is on the public test dimension and the lag is greatly reduced from what is on live.

~\_/~\_O

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by Canigua

... And for what i have noticed,most of the graphic whiner's is froob's,that's not even pay for the game!!

lol.

The truth.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Fixing the rubberbanding and door lag would be a plus!

~Angellis

• DelphisDelphis Member Posts: 5

AO could use some graphic upgrading, for sure. Even if it's just the player character models, that would make a difference. However, I don't see that happening within at least 12 months. Plus, any additional graphic upgrades also bring higher minimum spec requirements that could cause some people to quit.

The game, however, has LOTS of legs left to stand on. I mean, for a 5-6 year old game it's still compelling to play. There is no fundamental reason why this game should end anytime soon. And indeed, these kinds of games can happily live a very long life. For example, would you rather play a band new game with all of it's associated bugs or would you rather play a mature game with most of the major issues worked out?

Graphics are a matter of preference. Personally, for as good as WoW is reviewed I could never get past those cartoony graphics. EQII has some really nice eye candy but it's kind of an empty game - it has no heart and soul. SWG is another space MMO and I haven't played it in a couple of years but I found it pretty boring.

AO has a lot going for it but yes, I think Age of Conan is going to be incredible. For a free game, AO cannot be beat.

• VrillVrill Member Posts: 6
    It feels pretty dated, when I log in now.  Which is a bit of a nostalgia for me, I used to think the game was pretty cool looking back in the day, but now it seems and feels pretty clunky.