Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Additional subs lost by Crafter Revamp Cancelation

Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
With the crafter revamp canceled and gone from the schedule like Entertainers were, how many crafter accounts does this cost them?

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

My guess is they get bitten for another 20K.  The crafters were the ones with the insane multi accounts, them quitting en mass (which they now have no reason not to) will have a disproportionate effect.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941
    ehh hard to tell. If your a crafter and still play you could be happy from their track record with revamps that it is being put off. Helios posts on anything that isn't pure combat probably drives more players away.

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

Assuming they have ~100K now, I think 1/5 off the top is a nice round number.

Originally posted by Delzo
    Assuming they have ~100K now, I think 1/5 off the top is a nice round number.

I guestimate their current number of actual active, open, paying subs is around 50-75,000.  Inflated another 20K or so by trials and canceled but unexpired accounts.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

I think anyone still playing is there for the long haul... if they were going to quit, they would have done it after the NGE like the rest of us ;)

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    None.

Crafter revamp is a bad thing. No crafter revamp is a good thing.

"Revamp" is a bad thing.

Once crafter revamp does happen, a few dozen will leave. Which, of course is mostly pointless, because players now no longer leave over changes, they follow the natural turnover rate. Everyone who cared about anything is long gone. The rest don't care.

• Zuel41Zuel41 Member Posts: 43
    I also think that players holding onto that second account for crafting purposes while cancel and wait it out.  They may not cancel their main, but their alt is toast.  

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340
    I figure if they lose any subs over this, it's got to be a very small number.  After all, how many real crafters are actually left to leave the game anyway?   

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    I thought the non-combat players had already quit.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252
    Rekrul, Uberman, and Bissrock win this topic IMO.  Combined, their posts sum up the reality of the situation perfectly. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    My guess they will loose about 10k. Leaving them at 30-40k total. Give Helios another month and the game will be sunset.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    I was a crafter of spices which died with the NGE ( SOE lame)  I am sure that NGE players crafter are big doe eyed sheep that will just say "Aw Shucks" and continue to play and pay like mindless zombies in any change in the NGE of SWG.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    The revamp was a horrible idea, for once the devs actually listened to the community and ditched it. Do you people actually read these things before you make assumptions, or are you just desperate to bitch?

The "revamp" was going to remove harvestors/factories are make crafting even worse than it is now, nobody wanted to get rid of harvestors and factories. The crafters are getting what they want, why would they cancel because of this?

You people are going to bitch one way or the other, if the crafting revamp went through you would bitch, no matter if it was good or bad. It didnt go though, and here you are still bitching. And once/if Pre-Cu servers come around, the first thing youre going to do after downloading it and patching, is load up the game, check things out, get on the forums and do your daily job; bitch.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The revamp was a horrible idea, for once the devs actually listened to the community and ditched it. Do you people actually read these things before you make assumptions, or are you just desperate to bitch?

The "revamp" was going to remove harvestors/factories are make crafting even worse than it is now, nobody wanted to get rid of harvestors and factories. The crafters are getting what they want, why would they cancel because of this?

You people are going to bitch one way or the other, if the crafting revamp went through you would bitch, no matter if it was good or bad. It didnt go though, and here you are still bitching. And once/if Pre-Cu servers come around, the first thing youre going to do after downloading it and patching, is load up the game, check things out, get on the forums and do your daily job; bitch.

We have to bitch so you can bitch about our bitching.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Im sure there will be some that will quit because of this, and with this low of a population some is alot, but not near as many as would have quit if they would have pushed what they were talking about to live.   Lets think about this, when was the last time the "revamped" anything and made it better?   There ideas were horrible.  The crafting system itself works great, in fact it may be the only system that still works.  what is borked is the game and economy around it.   If you add back in some reasonable form of decay, and a few balance passes between looted and crafted parts you would have a workable system.  It would still pale in comparison to the interdepence of pre cu but it would be passable.....

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

Originally posted by chlaos
    Im sure there will be some that will quit because of this, and with this low of a population some is alot, but not near as many as would have quit if they would have pushed what they were talking about to live.   Lets think about this, when was the last time the "revamped" anything and made it better?   There ideas were horrible.  The crafting system itself works great, in fact it may be the only system that still works.  what is borked is the game and economy around it.   If you add back in some reasonable form of decay, and a few balance passes between looted and crafted parts you would have a workable system.  It would still pale in comparison to the interdepence of pre cu but it would be passable.....

This is what has caused me to stop playing here again, I lasted 3 weeks, account dies the 9th. I got to level 38. I cant ever find crafted weapons for/around my level, all I can find is level 80 and 88 crap, and most of it is looted from Mustafar or wherever.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

Actually Crafters were looking forward to some sort of revamp.  Any kind of revamp that would give thier crafting proffession a real role in the economy.  Since the NGE, the need for a Crafter is almost non existant.  Looted items are better.  They have no real importance.   Crafters got the shaft with the NGE.  Along with Entertainers.

What people are pissed about, is that Helios wants Looted items to always be better than any crafted.  Wich means that it looks like any Revamp for crafters is going to give them the shaft any way.  So ya....they are pissed. 

So before you come here bitching about our bitching....make sure you know what your actually bitching about

Anyone who doesn't kill loot rinse repeat has been told to suck wind for a year by SOE.

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    C'mon people. Lets be logical. There is no way in hell that 50k people would knee jerk and cancel from this announcement. If theyre still playing, it means they've accepted the way the system is now, and learned to deal with it.

Let's try not to let our giddy little dreams of complete SWG collapse get into the way of common sense. I think even 10k is a stretch, perhaps maybe 5k over the next month being more in the ballpark.

NGE Refugee.

Originally posted by Apache_

Actually Crafters were looking forward to some sort of revamp.  Any kind of revamp that would give thier crafting proffession a real role in the economy.  Since the NGE, the need for a Crafter is almost non existant.  Looted items are better.  They have no real importance.   Crafters got the shaft with the NGE.  Along with Entertainers.

What people are pissed about, is that Helios wants Looted items to always be better than any crafted.  Wich means that it looks like any Revamp for crafters is going to give them the shaft any way.  So ya....they are pissed. 

So before you come here bitching about our bitching....make sure you know what your actually bitching about

Oh, I do know what im talking about. Perhaps you should read before you attempt to correct me. You dont want to flame back and fourth with me. I said "the revamp" as in.....the revamp that has just been canceled.....the revamp that was going to remove harvestors and factories.....the revamp that was going to piss off many a crafter. Im not talking about some shadow revamp that has yet to be designed, im talking about current things going on. I really dont know what exactly you are trying to point out to me here.

— Boba Fett

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176
    They were going to remove harvesters? Was that like the one and only thing they hadn't ruined and it was just bugging the hell out of em?

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

I think they will lose a lot less subs than if they had re-introduced decay.  The new crowd can't handle a penalty for death.

I think they realized that doing the crafter revamp would have lost a ton of subs.   I'm not surprised.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486
    every month SWG screws us over on daily base's.... i dont see how any one could like this...

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    5000 - other than AS, who's still crafting?

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• WyethWyeth Member Posts: 51

From what Helios said, they didnt' "ditch" anything, they just delayed the inevitable.  They've made it very clear they don't like crafters.

Zadox - Chilastra 12/1/03-6/3/05 Master Rifleman, Master Scout, Master Ranger.