Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game like...

Lineage II.

Yes, before you yell "eww grindfest!" and the like at me, I already know. I spent some time with Lineage. However, I couldn't do it for a long time due to some life issues. Now I'm interested in playing a game like it, but I don't feel like starting Lineage II over, as I'd be way too far behind. So, the main points I'm looking for here:

1) Similar graphic type. Good, but with a nice feel to it. Not too realistic like EQII, but no WoW either.

2) Some hot elves or something. C'mon, you know you liked them too.

3) PvP geared content. Preferably large scale.

4) Something newish. Doesn't have to be brand new, but the newer the better (and no older than Lineage II).

finally...

5) Preferably Korean. ::::01::

Thank ya' all kindly.

Also, it can be something that might be in beta or will be in beta in a few months.

Comments

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Sounds like you looking for this :

http://www.archlordgame.com/

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• GrindPlzGrindPlz Member Posts: 147
    Or you can wait for Priston Tales 2 its coming out this winter and it looks like a Lineage 2 clone graphics and game Play also

------------------------
    I love MMorpgs..

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Hmm, Archlord doesn't really appeal to me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Priston Tale looks like it could be good, but it doesn't seem like it will be coming out any time soon. But it does look like it could fit.

Any other suggestions?

• missveemissvee Member Posts: 3

What about RYL 1? It's not the greatest graphics but it's an awesome game and for pvp as well. I especially love the pvp part just because there's fame for every player killed of the opposite race. And the fame updates instantly, I don't know, should give it a try. Oh yea, the site is www.ryl.com.my

I tried RYL once... I think about a month or two after it was released. My personal opinion of it was that it wasn't very fun. It was quite monotonous, and not in the fun way that Lineage II was.

• DimitrioDimitrio Member UncommonPosts: 152

Hard to say, I really love Lineage II, is a great game.. The best in graphics for me since I love anime and lineage graphics are similar to it.

Now I am waiting for Vanguard, because now I want content over graphics, take a look of these screenshots http://www.veguild.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190

Dimitrio Darkblade
    Founder Leader of Vitae Essentia
    http://www.veguild.org

• Maybe Guild Wars if you don't mind the instanced nature.

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    He's looking for

1. Korean grinder
    2. OPEN PVP
    3. Non-Instanced
    4. Sexy sexy Elves
    5. Good graphics
    6. Seiging

Still gonna have to go with the Archlord suggestion. Its pretty close. It's going
    to have Seiges or what not ... considering it was made to rival L2 ... its
    more of the same .. and some new stuff here and there ...

There is probably a game like that .. but unless you are Korean and can read
    Korean text ... not much to choose from ....

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Okay im gonna say Archlord is the game for you. they have moonelves that are hot in skimpy clothing.. its korean i believe.. and has open PvP. i think that meets all your critrias. oh and it comes out in like 2 days.... im not a big fan of it beta tested it and thought it sucked but its not my kinda game either so i think you like it its a point and click just has a grind that will suck but hey cant have everything

Hope this helps

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    Yeah i'm thinking archlord is good for you as well. 

Well, I thought I had posted this before, but I guess the post didn't go through.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the Archlord graphics. The screenshots I have seen have either been low quality or they have just sucked, but I was not impressed. The graphics (particularly the character models) seemed to be choppy and not as smooth as Lineage II was. So, does anyone know if that is just because they were taken on low quality, and I can bump the graphics up real high? Or is it stuck like that?

If the graphics could be just like Lineage II, I would be very happy.

*EDIT*

Well, the screenshots on MMORPG.com don't look half bad, but the ones on their official site are bad. Which worries me.

However, I noticed that there are only three races and very few classes for each... which will definitely bore me extremely quickly. Especially the fact that, for example, humans mages have to be female and human knights have to be male.

Not really that appealing. I would rather there be class branches like Lineage II.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    EVE Online, the only real PvP game out there.

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154
    I have played L2 for 3 years ... comparing it to AL ... they are very similar ... just some things

AL runs better on computers than L2 .. it is better optimized ...

Animations are very smooth .. at least my Moon Elf cerainly was ...

Enviroment ... much more lushy I suppose .. Elf land looked really good ..

All opinionated .... you should have played the OB when you had the chance ...

And really .. your L2 clone ..repeat ... and I repeat ... DOES NOT EXIST .. if it did

most of the L2 lovers would have moved a long time ago ....

Eve Online - No hot elves. Sorry =

But what about the classes, Galaxiaceles? It seems very linear. Is it as linear as it sounds? Lineage II at least had some class trees you could go down.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    RF Online

Now with 57.3% more flames!