Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crashing

Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52

Ok i bought The Factions game, and it worked fine, till i use my inventory or try to by or sell, then my display driver liek crashes. It did this to both my 4 year old comp and my brand new one.  When i previewd nightfall it didnt do. Any Thoughts

Which FF Character Are You?

The shaft of the arrow had been
feathered with one of the eagle''s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction

Comments

• AgitAgit Member Posts: 25

Hi there,

What I would do is to goto the manufacturers site for the Vid chipset (Nvidia/ATI) and look into getting the latest graphics drivers for the card. Outdated drivers can cause all kinds of problems with games.

I was having an issue with my PC whenever I would run a game, basically I would get a BSOD within 1-40 minutes.

I thought it was an issue w/the game until I realized that this was happening w/every Direct-X/GL game.

Started looking at memory probs, but that wasn't it.......... not until I spent a Day reinstalling windows, and testing various hardware configurations did I realize that my motherboard had about 10 bad vcapacitors that were either bulging or leaking electrolyte out of the top because they had stress broken.

Mainly, look into the easy stuff like Video/Motherboard Chipset drivers first, and then start investigating hardware issues.

• XeroKnightXeroKnight Member UncommonPosts: 93

Well if your computer crashes when you try to open up the inventory of buy or sell something that most of the time means that your graphics card is not supported in teh game, so that means you might have to get a new one. Tell me your current graphics card and I will tell you if Guild Wars Supports it. if you don't know how to look at your current graphics card right click on the desktop, then you click on properties, then you click on the tab that says settings, then you click on advanced, which is right below the color quality, then you finally click on teh tab that says adapter. At the top it will list your current graphics card.

• Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52
    its ok i found one that wokrs, it was justy that all teh dells wldnt work

feathered with one of the eagle''s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction

• Originally posted by Vrael231
    its ok i found one that wokrs, it was justy that all teh dells wldnt work

Dell seems to use special drivers sometimes.  Its best to always get the driver straight from nvidia.  That sort of strange behavior is almost always a funky driver thing.
  • Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52
    thanks il try to do that nextime