Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape Monster Graphics and Animation Improved

Nuke-MarineNuke-Marine Member Posts: 7

While tame by $50 game / $15 dollar subscription, the graphics of some of the monsters in RuneScape have been improved in the last month not only in looks but in animation. May not be enough to justify plonking down $5 to see them, but it shows that Jagex is constantly improving the game.

Gotta give them some credit. Many member players were impressed by the improvement. For fairness, the above two photos are what anyone, even non-members can experience as they are  from the demo version. Even more demo and member graphics and animation are being updated.

Comments

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Lemme know when they come out with a WASD runescape that isnt repetetive and then I'll be impressed.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Nuke-MarineNuke-Marine Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by sparky7483

Lemme know when they come out with a WASD runescape that isnt repetetive and then I'll be impressed.

Completing 110 quests in Runescape will take alot of time. You can then take part in all the mini-games. You can then train briefly all your skills. Define the point that it qualifies as repetetive then we'll talk.

As to the WASD, Runescape's creator Andrew Gower occasionally answers questions. Write to RS and ask why they chose the interface they did. Perhaps you're in the minority on this one, who knows?
  • Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Nuke-Marine

Completing 110 quests in Runescape will take alot of time. You can then take part in all the mini-games. You can then train briefly all your skills. Define the point that it qualifies as repetetive then we'll talk.

As to the WASD, Runescape's creator Andrew Gower occasionally answers questions. Write to RS and ask why they chose the interface they did. Perhaps you're in the minority on this one, who knows?

More like Sir Andrew Gower

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Training "briefly" in your skills is repetitive. And he was talking about navigating through the incredibly small world.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Training "briefly" in your skills is repetitive. And he was talking about navigating through the incredibly small world.

...No it doesn't.   Training your skills 'briefly' means you are just doing something to pass a small amount of time, and are therefore not trying to get into it over and over.  

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

----

Originally posted by Shrimp10

...No it doesn't.   Training your skills 'briefly' means you are just doing something to pass a small amount of time, and are therefore not trying to get into it over and over.  

So what you're saying is people chop down one tree and mine one vien? Training "briefly" is still a grind.

So what you're saying is people chop down one tree and mine one vien? Training "briefly" is still a grind.

No.  

----

No.  

Then it's a grind.

No.  

Then it's a grind.

No again.

----

No.  

Then it's a grind.

No again.

Ya again.

No.  

Then it's a grind.

No again.

Ya again.

Nah again.

----

If u guys are gonna argue then at least back up all ur immature little monosyllabic replies.

----------

Ya, added 2 the fact that most of the quests r shit thanks 2 the crappy interface. Same with the minigames. Theres always the n00bs and bossy lvl 80+s. Plus, wat if ur on f2p?

That was kinda wat I meant by WASD Runescape. Wat I really meant was having a WASD interface along with upd8d grafix & sound, somethin like a Runescape client version.

----------