Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I hate Runescape

HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
Community,Graphics,Sound,Customer Support,The Grind,Scammers/Hackers,PvP (Combat Triangle is bull shit),PvE,Combat System,Repetetiveness,

holy shit thats like the whole game

Ya heard

Comments

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159
    That about sums it up

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• BradstarBradstar Member Posts: 5
    yeh it does but worse is community....man there such nooblets
  • iampiemaniampieman Member Posts: 38
    You know seriously if you hate it so much quit complaining and go play something else

piepiepiepie i is master of pies!

• AzerekiAzereki Member Posts: 14
    I didn't even realize that people still played that game. O.o

• daveliang99daveliang99 Member Posts: 20
    Hey dude,
               The main reason why u hated Runescape is mostly because you dunno the true meaning of it. RUNESCAPE IS NOT CREATED FOR PLAYERS WHO SIMPLY TRAIN UP THEIR COMBAT STATS. The actual meaning of Runescape is to train every skill to 99, and to complete all the quests available. The ONLY REASON why people think there is repetitiveness in Runescape is simply because they're FREEPLAYERS, once you become a member, you would never say or think there is repetitiveness. MEMBERS is the only way for you to discover the other half of Runescape, with massive areas, skills, monsters, and space for your character to train and discover. DO NOT JUST SIMPLY SAY RUNESCAPE  SUCKS CUZ U HAVE NOT DISCOVER THE TRUE MEANING OF IT.

P.S. START A RUNESCAPE MEMBERSHIP FOR 1 MONTH b4 deciding whether you feel anymore repetitiveness.

P.P.S. "What thwarts us and demands of us the greatest effort is also what can teach us the most" - Andre Gide

START PUTTING MORE EFFORT INTO RUNESCAPE B4 SAYING THERE IS "REPETITIVENESS"

Daveliang99

"Life without friendship is like the sky without the sun...."

2 Lovers B 2gether 4ever = 10der Love

• grenades69grenades69 Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by daveliang99
    Hey dude,
               The main reason why u hated Runescape is mostly because you dunno the true meaning of it. RUNESCAPE IS NOT CREATED FOR PLAYERS WHO SIMPLY TRAIN UP THEIR COMBAT STATS. The actual meaning of Runescape is to train every skill to 99, and to complete all the quests available. The ONLY REASON why people think there is repetitiveness in Runescape is simply because they're FREEPLAYERS, once you become a member, you would never say or think there is repetitiveness. MEMBERS is the only way for you to discover the other half of Runescape, with massive areas, skills, monsters, and space for your character to train and discover. DO NOT JUST SIMPLY SAY RUNESCAPE  SUCKS CUZ U HAVE NOT DISCOVER THE TRUE MEANING OF IT.

P.S. START A RUNESCAPE MEMBERSHIP FOR 1 MONTH b4 deciding whether you feel anymore repetitiveness.

P.P.S. "What thwarts us and demands of us the greatest effort is also what can teach us the most" - Andre Gide

Daveliang99

Does it count that I played members from lvl 53 to 107? I did all the quests available at the time and had all skills (including farming) above 50 and almost 60. I also had a whip, full guthans, full veracs and a load of other bits and peices. And I still say that allmost 99% of runescape is repetitive. Can I just also add that repetitiveness isn't having nothing to do in a game, it's having to do repetitive tasks over and over in order to get somewhere in the game, which is what runescape is all about.
  • HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156

Hey dude,

Daveliang99

Whatchu? talking about Willis? Its repetetive. seriously who looser has enough time to grind there every stat to 99?

Ya heard

• xdoubtedxdoubted Member Posts: 34

[quote]Originally posted by grenades69
    [b][quote]
    Does it count that I played members from lvl 53 to 107? I did all the quests available at the time and had all skills (including farming) above 50 and almost 60. I also had a whip, full guthans, full veracs and a load of other bits and peices. And I still say that allmost 99% of runescape is repetitive. Can I just also add that repetitiveness isn't having nothing to do in a game, it's having to do repetitive tasks over and over in order to get somewhere in the game, which is what runescape is all about.[/b][/quote]

Yea i used to play back in classic... it was kinda fun then to get good stats 100 fatigue and just pk.... but now it sucks!... yes i have played with members... i think its got good quests and stuff but it is VERY repetative, you cannot honestly say you enjoy killing those damn blue dragons over, and over, and over, and over, and over again just to get that 1 str level that will get you a combat level.
    and the community seriously is terrible!

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by grenades69

Hey dude,

Daveliang99

Does it count that I played members from lvl 53 to 107? I did all the quests available at the time and had all skills (including farming) above 50 and almost 60. I also had a whip, full guthans, full veracs and a load of other bits and peices. And I still say that allmost 99% of runescape is repetitive. Can I just also add that repetitiveness isn't having nothing to do in a game, it's having to do repetitive tasks over and over in order to get somewhere in the game, which is what runescape is all about.

No, it doesn't count in this case.

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

Originally posted by sparky7483
    That about sums it up

Umm, no.

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

----

Originally posted by iampieman
    You know seriously if you hate it so much quit complaining and go play something else

Meh, they're all too busy talking out of there arse holes to listen.

----

• LostSeraphLostSeraph Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Shrimp10
    Originally posted by grenades69
    Hey dude,

Daveliang99

No, it doesn't count in this case.

Yes, it does count in this case.

I've also played members for a while. I have a lvl76, a pure wcer with 79 wc, a lvl42 pure mage, a lvl 3 miner, and other files (only the lvl76 and wc were members). For every single quest in the game, it's all about "oh, you have to get this skill up before you can do this quest". I would proceed to do so, then do the quest. It would be the exact same thing as all of the other quests; going to some place, getting some item, then using that item to clear a small part of the quest, then going a different place, finding a different item, then going all the way across the world to complete a different part of the same quest, ect. This is what every quest is like.
    If that isn't repetitive, then it's just a crappy game. You decide.

• spudispudi Member Posts: 7

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE EVER PLAYED IT WAS MY FRIST MMORPG BUT I DO NOT PLAY IT NOW IT IS STILL A VERY GOOD GAME AND YES THE COMBAT TRIANGLE IS SCREWED UP I KNOW I STILL GET ON LIKE 10 TIMES A MONTH AND IT'S YOUR OWN PROBLEM IF U GET SCAMEDimage

Originally posted by spudi
    THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE EVER PLAYED IT WAS MY FRIST MMORPG BUT I DO NOT PLAY IT NOW IT IS STILL A VERY GOOD GAME AND YES THE COMBAT TRIANGLE IS SCREWED UP I KNOW I STILL GET ON LIKE 10 TIMES A MONTH AND IT'S YOUR OWN PROBLEM IF U GET SCAMEDimage
    YES, SPUDI, YOUR CAPS LOCK IS IN FACT WORKING.
    The game itself scams you. Jagex charges way too much (much less a monthly fee...jeez) to play that bad of a game.

• evildead305evildead305 Member Posts: 24
    dudes just shut up about how its bad and how you dont know the true meaning i mean people that dont like just dont play, people who like it just play it and stop convincing people that its a good game, and people who dont like it stop trying to convince people that you know the true meaning!
  • VociferorVociferor Member Posts: 98

I pre-emptively apologise for this post in advance as it is a troll post but I'm bored and so was the opening post so I dont feel too bad about it. image

I play runescape for 30mins every now and again simply because I vowed to get a toon to lvl 85 mining and I will eventually get there or die trying damn it! (71 mining atm) image   It was the first mmo I discovered and I was a naive n00blet so you must forgive my poor taste.  However my point is:  I still periodically play to remind myself that even though a lot of the mmo's out there have their downsides.....they could be a hell of a lot worse. image

It's very therapeutic and stops you taking other mmo's for granted.  I recommend it on that basis.

The reason I apologised at the start is for this: this thread was clearly written by super geniuses if you were to compare it to the torrent of wind and pish you generally find in the game.  If that scares you after wasting the time to read through the posts then good, 'nuff said. 

Although, with fairness, the mean age of the population is likely to be in the low teens or perhaps even lower (at least the mean age of the vocal population). 

Lastly on a plus note, runescape is one of the games that keeps many of the marauding hordes of immature online teenie-boppers from playing your favourite mmo's and should be commended, applauded and celebrated for that reason. image

Again, my apologies to those I have/will offend. Your taste will improve with experience and age. image

Originally posted by evildead305
    dudes just
    shut up about how its bad and how you dont know the true meaning i mean
    people that dont like just dont play, people who like it just play it
    and stop convincing people that its a good game, and people who dont
    like it stop trying to convince people that you know the true meaning!

You shut up. Fool.

Originally posted by Vociferor
    I pre-emptively apologise for this post in advance as it is a troll post but I'm bored and so was the opening post so I dont feel too bad about it. image I play runescape for 30mins every now and again simply because I vowed to get a toon to lvl 85 mining and I will eventually get there or die trying damn it! (71 mining atm) image   It was the first mmo I discovered and I was a naive n00blet so you must forgive my poor taste.  However my point is:  I still periodically play to remind myself that even though a lot of the mmo's out there have their downsides.....they could be a hell of a lot worse. image It's very therapeutic and stops you taking other mmo's for granted.  I recommend it on that basis. The reason I apologised at the start is for this: this thread was clearly written by super geniuses if you were to compare it to the torrent of wind and pish you generally find in the game.  If that scares you after wasting the time to read through the posts then good, 'nuff said.  Although, with fairness, the mean age of the population is likely to be in the low teens or perhaps even lower (at least the mean age of the vocal population).  Lastly on a plus note, runescape is one of the games that keeps many of the marauding hordes of immature online teenie-boppers from playing your favourite mmo's and should be commended, applauded and celebrated for that reason. image Again, my apologies to those I have/will offend. Your taste will improve with experience and age. image  
    Sorry, but the position of n00bish stupid game is already taken by Maple Story.

• VociferorVociferor Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by LostSeraph

Sorry, but the position of n00bish stupid game is already taken by Maple Story.

hehe, next time I lose my good sense and have 30mins to spare I might give it a shot so I can see for myself, but...

*cough* "....one of the games...." *cough* image

It wasnt a short post so it's no surprise you might have missed that subtle detail. 

I'm not knocking the game so much, if the game floats yer boat then good. Rather (along with the troll element cause I was bored) i'm giving it a laterally thought out and positive spin with regard to more mature gamers.  The game, and those others like it, get a lot of flack but they do have indirect positive effects for other gamers that dont play them and/or direct positive effects for those that only play them for the therapy.  I'm sure I would have loved goofing around in it when I was your age and younger.

• evolutionistevolutionist Member Posts: 36

Hey dude,

Daveliang99

Please forgive me for making fun of u BUT THIS IS A BUNCH OF !@##

What is really funny is the little lie u are living right now as u think that your sad life on runescape has meaning.

For 1 i wonder how overweight u are right now because u are spending like all your life on that.

2. IT is ALWAYS repetivness and i must say all mmorpgs are repetitive but the good ones are fun because they allow players to interact with the world and the community and frankly RS community sucks.

3. That little quote of yours.... it is a good quote but it doesnt fit in with your ideas because RS is not a challenge. Its just how long u play so it just sucks up time while doing nothing for u.

4. Please check out a different game like try knight online which is free and see what u think

Originally posted by evolutionist
    Hey dude,

Daveliang99

Please forgive me for making fun of u BUT THIS IS A BUNCH OF !@##

What is really funny is the little lie u are living right now as u think that your sad life on runescape has meaning.

For 1 i wonder how overweight u are right now because u are spending like all your life on that.

2. IT is ALWAYS repetivness and i must say all mmorpgs are repetitive but the good ones are fun because they allow players to interact with the world and the community and frankly RS community sucks.

3. That little quote of yours.... it is a good quote but it doesnt fit in with your ideas because RS is not a challenge. Its just how long u play so it just sucks up time while doing nothing for u.

4. Please check out a different game like try knight online which is free and see what u think

Crass...yes. True...also yes.
    By the way, why does everybody keep redirecting to Knight Online? That game has so many hackers, glitch abusers, corrupt mods and stupid staff (wow that's about the fifty-billionth time I've said that in this Runescape forum) right now that I don't recommend playing it for a while until they get it all sorted out.
    But putting that aside, Runescape (in my opinion, feel free to have yours) is a fairly good game for n00bs, but once you actually become an experienced mmo player you realize that there are much better games out there (GUILD WARS)
    And to all of you idiots who say "go post your opinion somewhere else", THIS IS A FORUM. IT IS MEANT FOR SHARING IDEAS.

ok man i totally agree with you that was some stuff and the reason i like to direct runescape players to KO is because it is how i got out of playing RS once i realized there were much better MMOS out there. Another good reason I direct them to KO is because it is free and an actually decent game with a so so community although much of it could be better like the wars for instance but most ppl dont do those anyway. But yes defnintly good ideas.

• idindoitidindoit Member Posts: 3
    I've played Runescape on and off for over a year. I have loved and hated it. Most recently I caught and cooked 32,000 monkfish to get cooking to 99 and I'm bored. I loved EVE, but didn't have the time to figure out the gui and get into the game. I'm working on a EQ1 trial (if you play runescape then graphics aren't a big deal) and am looking forward to playing Vanguard: SOH when it comes out. My only complaint about Runescape is the community. I have played for days with public and private chat off because I was sick of the childish scamming and griefing. Unfortunately, most people on runescape haven't played another MMOG with a robust player base and don't understand how fun a game can be in a positive and cooperative community setting.

ok man i totally agree with you that was some stuff and the reason i like to direct runescape players to KO is because it is how i got out of playing RS once i realized there were much better MMOS out there. Another good reason I direct them to KO is because it is free and an actually decent game with a so so community although much of it could be better like the wars for instance but most ppl dont do those anyway. But yes defnintly good ideas.
    So-so community? The last time i went there, absolutely nobody talked except to sell stuff for obscene amounts. But yes, it has many good ideas that, if improved upon, could make Knight Online a much better game. I just wish that more people would actually say stuff, because I would ask the community for help and nobody would respond. Instead they would just sit at their stalls, selling weapons for lvl5 noobs for 200 million. What the heck. Also, on the forums there wasn't much help either. The staff just ignores the players when they report that something is amiss or that they don't understand something. Like that time when I first downloaded KO - it didn't come with the patches, and the site didn't have them available for download. Plus they didn't autodownload and wouldn't run without them.

Originally posted by LostSeraph

So-so community? The last time i went there, absolutely nobody talked except to seel stuff for obscene amounts. But yes, it has many good ideas that, if improved upon, could make Knight Online a much better game. I just wish that more people would actually say stuff, because I would ask the community for help and nobody would respond. Instead they would just sit at their stalls, selling weapons for lvl5 noobs for 200 million. What the heck. Also, on the forums there wasn't much help either. The staff just ignores the players when they report that something is amiss or that they don't understand something. Like that time when I first downloaded KO - it didn't come with the patches, and the site didn't have them available for download. Plus they didn't autodownload and wouldn't run without them.

yah it is kindof hard to find people that you can talk to but about lvl 30-40 on my characters i was able to find a cool US clan that would actually socialize. And the stalls yah i definantly agree but the game would be filled with easy buys without those guys so i think it makes it more realistic to have these items sold for alot of money (of course their never going to sell that stuff so just let them be.) And yah the staff wont listen to you at all unless you pay which is probly normal and i actually agree cause if i were running a free game i probly woulnt listen to EVERY SINGLE PERSON who didnt pay. Oh and i think the download is a little easier now but im not sure cause i havent played for a while.
  • AbsoluteDudeAbsoluteDude Member Posts: 241

Runescape

Why It Really Sucks

PvP=PvP has no action in even if your a higher lvl some noob can just pwn u and its like one guy hits someone then the other 1hits u just repeating

Skills=Rangers,warriors have no skills i think warrior has a little but yeah skills suck

Partys=no partys??u cant go hunting with a group cause they might atk u and its no fun leveling without someone to be there

Guilds=no guilds menu so a group of ppl can just have fun and help eachother and talk

Combat=its boring its like pvp repeat attacks with no skills

Graphics=the graphics are like 1990s??people want graphics from this time not 10years back

Classes=UNFAIR ranger and mage dominate like its a god class a lvl 20mage can probley own a lvl 30 warrior

but mages need to buy runes and rangers need arrowss

Scammers:Say u have like god armor from rs then someone scammed u. u worked so hard for that armor and someone takes it for a really cheap price and account scammers most famous scamm made by sliver289

Do you wanna be a member scam yeah dont be a dumbass and tell him your pass he did it too my freind and took his addy(g) and he has like 5lvl 60s stolen accounts dont fall for this trick