Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So about this come back for 21 days.

AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I got emails from SOE about this.

So it says just log into the account it will be activated for "up to" 21 days.. but must be before the 31st.

So... I tried just out of morbid curiousity...

everyone of my old accounts just says (more or less):

This account is closed please subscribe.

I didn't see anything saying it didn't start until "certain date" only that you had to do it before the 31st.

So I guess the 9 accounts my GF and myself had.. don't qualify... or I missed something.

Logged into the account page they just show as "closed".

They used to do this for EQ1 now and then and it always worked the day you got the email...

Comments

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    SOE... Remember their track record?

• Fr0z3nSiNxFr0z3nSiNx Member Posts: 35
     Hey uh, it worked for me. I was able to login and DL the updates and stuff. I'm about to play right now.   

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Did you at any time have a Station Access pass?  I did, and I am running into the same problem you are.

*** Well I just tried my wife's account which never had station access.  It does not work either.  /sigh  Just another reason to make me spew even more hatred.  I guess they haven't had enough.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Ah, much temptation I sense in you all. Give into it, you must not. For temptation leads to SOE. SOE leads to subscription. And subscriptions kill kittens. Think of the kittens you must.
  • Apache_Apache_ Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Antarious

I got emails from SOE about this.
    So it says just log into the account it will be activated for "up to" 21 days.. but must be before the 31st.
    So... I tried just out of morbid curiousity...
    everyone of my old accounts just says (more or less):
    This account is closed please subscribe.
    I didn't see anything saying it didn't start until "certain date" only that you had to do it before the 31st.
    So I guess the 9 accounts my GF and myself had.. don't qualify... or I missed something.
    Logged into the account page they just show as "closed".
    They used to do this for EQ1 now and then and it always worked the day you got the email...

Its a scam anyways.   They send out this mail to veteran players who no longer play the game with the promise of a free activated account in the hopes they will take the bait and log in.   That way they can claim that the game is doing better, and even brought back players.  Just more bait and switch / spin type tactics that SoE is famous for as far as I am concerned
  • Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    See my topic.  If you have received this false and fradulent solicitation please contact your local, state, and federal authorities.  It is a felony in the United States to conduct interstate fraud.

Originally posted by Apache_

Its a scam anyways.   They send out this mail to veteran players who no longer play the game with the promise of a free activated account in the hopes they will take the bait and log in.   That way they can claim that the game is doing better, and even brought back players.  Just more bait and switch / spin type tactics that SoE is famous for as far as I am concerned

Nah. many games give free unconditional trials periodically.

But once again, SOE is chasing mythical audience. Vets left. They aren't coming back. Leave them alone. They are happy playing whichever game they went to (*cough* WoW *cought*). If anyone, Blizzard is very happy.

Trials aimed at pre-NGE generation are doomed to failure. Trials aimed at pre-9 generation doubly-so. It's been too long.

And the saddest thing? You can actually finish SWG in 3 weeks. Yep, finish, as in single player game. I joined last in June or July, around that Restuss thing. Started a new character, got to 90, cancelled during first month because there was nothing left to do. Without leveling on my old characters I got less than a day (24 hours) of gameplay before getting bored.

So don't worry, few will be coming back.

But if you want to meet with old friends, this is ideal time. You'll be seeing plenty in-game due to this, so take advantage of it.
    No, if they send you the solicitation and you can't log in, they have committed fraud.  Interstate and international fraud as a matter of fact.

Pure and simple.  If when your sub ran out it was in good standing (ie, if you renewed they would have accepted it, or if you did so now and they would) they are OBLIGATED to provide what they offered.

Originally posted by Rekrul

But once again, SOE is chasing mythical audience. Vets left. They aren't coming back. Leave them alone. They are happy playing whichever game they went to (*cough* WoW *cought*). If anyone, Blizzard is very happy.

So we can logically say to SOE, "There will be no subscriber Roll Back.  Get over it!" 

Cool. 

I've had and passed up more than one WoW offer for a free trial for my inactive account.  Ditto for DAoC.  They all do it.

SOE, however has apparently made a fraudulent offer to SWG vets with inactive accounts, making the solicitation to certain people they refuse the offer to.

• AgitAgit Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by RekrulAh, much temptation I sense in you all. Give into it, you must not. For temptation leads to SOE. SOE leads to subscription. And subscriptions kill kittens. Think of the kittens you must.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    That's great ::::18::

Honestly tho' I haven't gotten an email yet........ I kind of want one tho' just to see what happened, and what my old city looks like now. And whether my guildhall full of resources got jacked, lmao!

Originally posted by jrscott

Originally posted by Rekrul

So we can logically say to SOE, "There will be no subscriber Roll Back.  Get over it!" 

Cool. 

ROFLMFAO!!!!

If they offered pre-Cu servers they'd get at least 100K subs back.  Which would at least double what they currently have.

There is NOTHING at all they can do besides that which will ever reverse the sub crash.

Indeed, the FIRST reaction any vet logging in to Pub 31 will be, "WHAT THE FUCK, they took my rank away?!!"   Not a good first impression.  So this trial is destined to repel more than it gets back, even if it were an honest offer as I believe it is not.

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    Indeed, the FIRST reaction any vet logging in to Pub 31 will be, "WHAT THE FUCK, they took my rank away?!!"   Not a good first impression.  So this trial is destined to repel more than it gets back, even if it were an honest offer as I believe it is not.

I bet Smedz just read this and spewed whatever he was drinking.  He's probably like, "OMG.  Dude, Wildcat's right!  Cancel it...cancel it!!!  Aiiiieee!!!"

This is a VERY good point.  It will remind the Vets within 20 seconds of logging on why they stopped doing so in the first place.  Good catch.  I'd say I wonder why nobody at SOE thought about that, but I know better.

Originally posted by jrscott

I bet Smedz just read this and spewed whatever he was drinking.  He's probably like, "OMG.  Dude, Wildcat's right!  Cancel it...cancel it!!!  Aiiiieee!!!"

This is a VERY good point.  It will remind the Vets within 20 seconds of logging on why they stopped doing so in the first place.  Good catch.  I'd say I wonder why nobody at SOE thought about that, but I know better.

The last game I ever designed (and programmed) was a text adventure for the Apple IIe in 1990 (class project).

Yet somehow I think I could replace Smed and double SWG's sub base inside 3 months, what say you?

Ironically the plot of my game was a space adventurer wandering the galaxy in search of beer.  It was a complete mess of spaghetti code as alll my programs were (I never was a good coder) but it worked and everyone (all 30 people who played it) loved it because I had a funny story written inside it :)

Yet somehow I think I could replace Smed and double SWG's sub base inside 3 months, what say you?

Doubling SWG's sub base inside 3 months is NO challenge.  Pre-CU Servers FTW. 

I'm not so eager to toss Smedley as I am some of his underlings, unless it can be proven Smed is micro-managing.  Because if it is all being run as it should be, he's not the one inventing stupid ideas, he just says "Whatever, go away, I'm this close to leveling up my Orc."

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

I still get a kick out of them being that desperate to ask people to come back free for 21 days... that to me says alot.

Bet they are getting ready to just add 100 servers lol.

FORUM GAME FTW!

Originally posted by iskareot

Bet they are getting ready to just add 100 servers lol.

Should we begin preparing our bids for the Fire Sale? 

If they called Dell or IBM and put in an order for 100 servers I bet they would laugh! 

SOE:  Hello Dell?  I need a PC.
    Dell: Great, let's get started building one.
    SOE: Actually I need 100 of your best servers.
    Dell: GASP (my lucky day!)!  Who did you say you worked for?
    SOE:  Sony Online Entertainment.
    Dell:  ROFL, ROFL, LMAO.  Dude, we loved those batteries by the way!  (click)

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"Did you at any time have a Station Access pass?  I did, and I am running into the same problem you are."

No not on that account.  We had 9 SWG accounts and of that 2 were Station Access.  The ahem other member of the household nags me into playing EQ2 now and then (which I hate).

So I figured I would log in again and most likely take my houses down.. so the landscape would look more barren.

All that happens is I go to log in and get account closed please subscribe.

I'm far too lazy to contact anyone about SOE... plus the fact I hate lawyers more than the NGE.. tho its a close race there.

As to the whole offer... before you make to many theories about population padding...

They have done this same thing with EQ1 far to many times to count.  Heck I think even once or twice for EQ2.

Altho with EQ1 they usually did it around the time an expansion was coming up and such.

I never played planetside or MxO so can't comment on those for free offers.

Oh...

And as I was  typing this I decided to check...

And all 7 accounts that are off (aka not the two access accounts for EQ2) just show as closed and cannot login.  So pretty much from my end this email was total BS.

Obviously the 2 station access accounts can log in and a free trail wouldn't help those out...

• auntisocialauntisocial Member Posts: 120

I received this same email, but can't log in on any of my inactive accounts -- all of which are in good standing. 

Aunti

• ducksoupducksoup Member Posts: 5
    I wonder if this works only for vets that actually quit the game soon after the nge came about ?
    It worked for me with one account. 
    Guess I'll give the other a try also.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187

No, if they send you the solicitation and you can't log in, they have committed fraud.  Interstate and international fraud as a matter of fact.

Pure and simple.  If when your sub ran out it was in good standing (ie, if you renewed they would have accepted it, or if you did so now and they would) they are OBLIGATED to provide what they offered.

Well, if they can be proved to have knowlingly sent the emails, with full intention of it not working, then you have a slight point.  They could always give a service/product of similar value if the SWG account reactivation didn't work, but what could compare to the game at equal value? 

Do you really want 10 sony exec's coming to your house, hitting on your girl, calling you stupid than crapping on your lawn on the way out after they eat all the cheetoes?  I'd just write it off as another wasted PR move for SWG and let it go, unless you really want to 'stick it to the bastards' by playing their game and boosting their player numbers for a month?

• BigpigBigpig Member Posts: 128

No free trail for me also...

Shame realy was going to give it a go with a clean sheet.

They can't even get this right....