Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Part About a mmorpg

Whats the best part about a mmorpg please you can leave comments and vote

Comments

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by godofwar69
    Whats the best part about a mmorpg please you can leave comments and vote

you forgot RvR..

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Even though I mostly solo, "Partys" is the closest response.

The core reason for me is playing in a persistent world alongside/with/against other human beings.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• AngylAngyl Member Posts: 160
    My favorite is actually character creation, seeing how much effort went into the design and graphics of the game are really interesting IMO. In most games characters are unique in one way or another and I like to experiment with different avatars and play through them until I find one I really like. So I just voted for classes...

• sunflamesunflame Member UncommonPosts: 181
    To be honest - the only reasons i have to play a MMORPG and not some single-player RPG is the guild/party/PvP - all of the quests/exploring/characters build/etc. in a single-player games are much better then in MMORPG - however a single-player RPG lacks in guilds/party/pvp (duh :P )

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    other human beings, abilities/advancement and a world to explore/discover/conquer.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    PVP for me

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• sacred_bandsacred_band Member Posts: 104
    i picked pvp specifically i like large open pvp worlds where i can sit with my friends in a remote cave ambushing people because i am an outlaw
  • Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

Exploring, PvE

I love to explore huge worlds and see each environment with friends and such, but i also love to group up and have to travel through rough lands to finally take down a huge monster.

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    From your list the best thing is Pets.  I love pets...

From your list the worst thing is guilds.  They devide the community and if they get too big destroy entire servers so that new players and independant players do not want anything to do with the game.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    Roleplaying, community, pvp, pve and alot of other things... That's the best part about a MMORPG.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Interacting with large numbers of real people.

IMO any game that does not optimize community and real player interaction is a failure(ie. games with heavy solo PvE builds).

• mannequinmannequin Member Posts: 165

I dont think it's either in your list.

I play MMO's for the Social Content, I'd rather play an MMO where I just sit in a ttown and talk all day, then running around by myself grinding all day, or party hopping with 1 bunch of tards to another.

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

From the list, getting in a party and doing some stuff.

Though I think my favorite part of most MMO's is the "first part", when you're still learning world and doing the start up activities/tutorials.

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209

Id have to say PvP, but it CANNOT be ONLY PvP.  SWG was the greatest MMO i ever played, even though the NGE ruined a lot, i still classify it as the best, imo of course.

SWG had excellent balance, with the best crafting system, and a good/not over bearing PvE system and awesome/fun PvP system.  But what makes it most fun is the server and the people on the servers.

Which is why i hope AoC, it being dominately PvP orientated, has maybe a Hardcore PvP server, or i play on a very very high populated one, to get that great PvP experience again.

In SWG, i remember when i PvPed, i got the same rush from the first time i PvPed, to 3 years after its release, no MMO has given me that feeling since...

I love big big communities, but i dont play WoW.  Why?  Because its a GearCentric game, dominated by PvE, and has a half assed PvP zergfest, i get more fun out of playing Defense of the Ancients in Warcraft III TFT.  A good MMO needs a balance.  And with WoWs stupid crafting system, id say they threw in the PvP stuff just to please those who want to PvP. 

And especially in Alpha, they stated all these things like:  Hero Classes, Seige weapons for PvP, a more compelling/indepth PvP system, which never came out and i dont see Hero Classes coming out any time soon, which was the biggest thing i wanted.

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

You forgot the choice: "endless options to explore to distract me from my OCD."