Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of coming back but..

2»

Comments

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

I was thinking of resubbing out of boredom tonight...I still like to check it out and give it another shot every once in a while, but I dunno...It was really bad last time I played. 
    The only real draw is that I have a lvl90 BH collecting dust over there... 

Love, Sodapop

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

I was thinking of resubbing out of boredom tonight...I still like to check it out and give it another shot every once in a while, but I dunno...It was really bad last time I played. 

Well, what made you quit the last time you played?  Things have changed, as well as things have returned over the last few months...

Originally posted by Obraik

Well, what made you quit the last time you played?  Things have changed, as well as things have returned over the last few months...

I guess the biggest things were the combat and the population.
    Last time I played was just before experimentation and the target lock were added, so I know that combat may be more to my liking than before but I get the feeling that it's really that I miss "the whole enchilada"...

I dunno, maybe this weekend I'll give it another shot...No other games interest me at all, and I've tried most of the big ones (or am just not interested at all).

Love, Sodapop

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I guess the biggest things were the combat and the population.
    Last time I played was just before experimentation and the target lock were added, so I know that combat may be more to my liking than before but I get the feeling that it's really that I miss "the whole enchilada"...

I dunno, maybe this weekend I'll give it another shot...No other games interest me at all, and I've tried most of the big ones (or am just not interested at all).

Have you given Saga of ryzom a shot yet ?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• neilh73neilh73 Member Posts: 239

Hey Soda, I just returned to Bria and the population is certainly a bit better than when I last returned to the game in May. Obviously not at Pre-CU levels but fairly decent.

At peak hours getting a group together is no problem, hell even when its quiet you will be able to get a group together. Mos Eisley cantina is busy and Theed can be fairly busy most nights too. The PvP has picked-up considerably with Restuss and the new GCW/Faction system.

As for combat - it is much better now, slower (thank god) and target lock makes a hell of a difference. We also have an updated UI which is resizable and movable.

The expertise system is quite well done, at least on my Elder Jedi and Officer, BH seems a bit weak to me and I dont have a smuggler so I couldnt tell you about that unfortunately mate.

I think I am actually back for the duration this time as all the other MMO's (all bloody 9 of them) that I have played since quitting SWG just havent done it for me.

To sum up, its not Pre-CU (unfortunately), but they are definately moving in the right direction, the game is considerably more playable than it was at the launch of the NGE. So, give it a try and see for yourself.

MMORPG History:
    Playing - EVE Online.
    Played (Retired) - AO, SWG, MxO, WoW, RFO, SoR, CoX, EQ2, GW, L2, Vanguard, LotRO, AoC, TCoS, Aion.
    Favourite MMO - Pre-CU SWG, 3 Years, 4 Accounts, 2 Pre-CU Jedi (1 Pre-9).
    Awaiting - Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Earthrise.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Originally posted by Tacola

Originally posted by Bissrok

Originally posted by pirrg
    I wouldnt listen to these people. Most of them dont play the game anymore. The populations are just fine and healthy, especially on Bria, Eclipse and Europe-chimaera. Plenty of players around to group with and i think you would really enjoy the game now that it has content and balance. Try it out buddy.
    I played on about five different servers and my subscription just ended a week ago. All the servers are empty. You'd probably hate the game, as it's unbalanced and there's nothing to do but grind quests. Run for your f**king life, man. They're just desperate for some people to play with.

LOL, There are people on corbantis, we ran HK and serveral progression missions last night, also in the Corellia PvP area we had about 20 vs 20 GCW thing going on, it was quite fun.  You my friend have an issue with the truth.

Yeah, there are people that are having fun. But the vast majority of the people who like Star Wars and MMOs don't like this game. I was just going by the statistics.
  • BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Originally posted by Tacola

Originally posted by pirrg
    I wouldnt listen to these people. Most of them dont play the game anymore. The populations are just fine and healthy, especially on Bria, Eclipse and Europe-chimaera. Plenty of players around to group with and i think you would really enjoy the game now that it has content and balance. Try it out buddy.
    I played on about five different servers and my subscription just ended a week ago. All the servers are empty. You'd probably hate the game, as it's unbalanced and there's nothing to do but grind quests. Run for your f**king life, man. They're just desperate for some people to play with.

LOL, There are people on corbantis, we ran HK and serveral progression missions last night, also in the Corellia PvP area we had about 20 vs 20 GCW thing going on, it was quite fun.  You my friend have an issue with the truth.

Yeah, there are people that are having fun. But the vast majority of the people who like Star Wars and MMOs don't like this game. I was just going by the statistics.

Link to the stats? Or is it a personal statement?

Trill, I would say Bria has the largest pop right now.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Looks like everyone gets to come back now... for 21 days at least.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Shayde
    Looks like everyone gets to come back now... for 21 days at least.

Lol I paid to resub for a month the night before everyone gets this email...

They're doing it to me ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Love, Sodapop

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Shayde Looks like everyone gets to come back now... for 21 days at least.
    Lol I paid to resub for a month the night before everyone gets this email...image
    They're doing it to me ALREADY!!!!!!!!! imageimage

OUCH!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

I've only gotten to check it out a few minutes at a time so far..

One positive surprise: My Cu'Pa works as a mount again even though it lost it's "mounthood" after the NGE, and he's cl32! w00t! It did feel good to take him for a spin again.

I went through the expertise a little, I'm not impressed really...The old skill trees were WAY better and intuitive (ie- simpler to read for nonWoW players).
    After going to "full template" on my BH, he got like 4 specials and some innate type boosts..I really haven't gotten to do much combat to check them out yet.

I noticed that I had to hit the auto fire at every target...Is that right? I thought you could just turn it on once per session and it stays on.
    If this is how it is supposed to be, that sucks. It needs to be more like before where the auto fire is triggered right after you make your first attack. Much simpler.

The population on Bria isn't really that good...I was on kinda late, but still. Mos Eisely was the way most any major SP was even in the CU. And Mos Eisely was the only place there were any congregation of people, which makes the game seem totally barren. They need to spice up the major SP's and make a reason to visit them, otherwise they are all empty and people will assume (possibly rightfully so) that the game is as empty as the SP's.
    I'm going to try to get on earlier though to check it out then... 

Love, Sodapop

I've only gotten to check it out a few minutes at a time so far..
    One positive surprise: My Cu'Pa works as a mount again even though it lost it's "mounthood" after the NGE, and he's cl32! w00t! It did feel good to take him for a spin again.
    I went through the expertise a little, I'm not impressed really...The old skill trees were WAY better and intuitive (ie- simpler to read for nonWoW players). After going to "full template" on my BH, he got like 4 specials and some innate type boosts..I really haven't gotten to do much combat to check them out yet.
    I noticed that I had to hit the auto fire at every target...Is that right? I thought you could just turn it on once per session and it stays on. If this is how it is supposed to be, that sucks. It needs to be more like before where the auto fire is triggered right after you make your first attack. Much simpler.
    The population on Bria isn't really that good...I was on kinda late, but still. Mos Eisely was the way most any major SP was even in the CU. And Mos Eisely was the only place there were any congregation of people, which makes the game seem totally barren. They need to spice up the major SP's and make a reason to visit them, otherwise they are all empty and people will assume (possibly rightfully so) that the game is as empty as the SP's.I'm going to try to get on earlier though to check it out then... 

All mounts are now mounts again regardless of combat level.

And yes you have to initiate attack with every mob. You only need to turn on autoattack on each one though just like a normal MMO. You don't need to toggle auto aim each time. You can also double click them to start attacking each.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Also, check the sticky for some auto-target keymapping suggestions :)

Also, check the sticky for some auto-target keymapping suggestions :)

I suggest this setup though for some of the keys. I have found it highly functional.

Spacebar toggles Radial Menu
    Left Mouse button is the default action and attack
    Right mouse button toggles mouse mode on and off.
    F is for autofire
    Z is for autorun.
    F1 is to toggle auto aiming

And I guess Obraiks way is ok too :P

- Scaris