Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game controls and camera views question.

nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Is there a way to use WASD for movement and to center the camera behind my back. I really don't like the view of having the camera looking down at the ground and I do not like point-and-click movement.

Thank you.

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Nu uh, the movemoment in shadowbane can be a real pain to get used to but once you get familiar with it and remap a few keys to more friendly ones for you it will get easier.

However you are never gonna get WASD movement from it.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by Fadeus

Nu uh, the movemoment in shadowbane can be a real pain to get used to but once you get familiar with it and remap a few keys to more friendly ones for you it will get easier.
    However you are never gonna get WASD movement from it.

Bummer, well I have played Lineage 2 before, so I know I will get used to it. But what about the camera position. I would really like to have the camera behind me and centered or at least close as it can.

It's been awhile since I played however I remember there was 1 setting for the camera that I changed and it made a big difference to me. I think I told it to stop auto-panning when I push the borders or something to that degree. Then I used my WASD keys to pan the camera how I wanted manually and clicked where I wanted for movement. It ended up working well because while in combat I could quickly switch to any angle I wanted.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438
    Okay thanks. Now I just need to settle on a class. I have another thread made for that though.

wish I could help ya with that but I really don't play it heavily enough to answer it. I do k now there are some classes like what you are talking about though...

Enjoy SB, it's a great game. The skill system in it is awesome.

- Scaris

• KinskiKinski Member Posts: 1

Once you start playing, there are many binds you can do for customization but following these simple steps should help you out until you get your sea legs under you...

Esc - Settings - Camera Control - Autotrack.... This will keep the camera behind you as you point and click turn (assuming is started behind you :))

Esc - Settings - Preferences - Uncheck Mouse Push... Mouse Push moves your camera as your mouse hits the edges of your screen... very annoying early but might be something you go back to once you get comfortable

Esc - Settings - Hotkeys - bind "Camera Preset 2"  to "keypad 5" or another bind that you would like to set as the default camera position...

Adjust the camera to your preference via the numpad 8426-+(mousescroll). Once it is where you feel you would like it for most of the game, presst Ctr-F2 to set the Camera Preset 2. Now when you find that you are looking at your feet or in some cases you have no idea what you are looking at, pressing keypad 5 will move the camera back to this preference.

As a long time MMOer that has recently d/l this game, I found it fit my taste to bind Target next NPC on "Tab", Target previous NPC on "Shift Tab" and once on the mainland I used Target next Player on "Tilde" and "Shift Tilde" for target previous player... I use WASD for my camera movements...

Anyway, this is what I initially did to help avoid the migranes that seem to hit me when first starting and getting used to the interface... If you can work around the inside of most building w/o frustration, then you will be ready to really adjust the game to your preferences..

Hope this helps