Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo, has anyone heard anything definate about EQ2 dev team shake up yet?

MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Just curious if anyone has heard if the rumors are true about Bill Trost and Stuart Compton being replaced in the 11th hour?

All these mmorpg cancellations and dev team shake ups are getting depressing.  Though in this case a new art director can only be a good thing for EQ2.  image

Unfortunately its a bit late in development to be replacing key people though.  If this is true there must be some strong disagreements with where the game is heading in SOE's offices.

Comments

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

The only update that I know of is that Artisan will not be a lone class. Meaning, you can be whatever it is that you want, and still craft. it's a different skill tree. but this could be old news. haven't heard word about this on this forum.

by the way, what is E3?

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

*start shaking*

*cast some bone dices and hope*

*is as clueless as everyone else*

I just hope those disagreements make the game better...

They say they want to make solo appealing, and so far, I see no measure to make solo appealing.  I always prefer the grouping game lately, but if solo can be nice, it would certainly be an edge.

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

Mike Hutchins (game designer) left in march 04. He was previously a Sr game designer, Asst producer, Lead system designer on EQ (RoK,) EQ2, EaB and Ultima X Odyssey.
    Keith Parkinson (art designer) left. He did the SOE box cover art for online games.
    Salim Grant (game designer) left in feb 04. He was a QA Liaison for SWG and an Assoc designer on EQ (LDoN and GoD.)

EDIT :

shake-up

• RaithierRaithier Member Posts: 11
    So what is Brad and his team making?  I heard Brad left to start a new MMORPG company but havnt heard what he is developing. 

He who throughs mud looses ground...

Ye who throws mud looses ground...

• Bonez005Bonez005 Member UncommonPosts: 38

I think all of them joined Sigil games

But i could give a UO less, whatever happened, I'm almost sure it was for us.