Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about SOH that I keep asking...

PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
1- I heard 15% of all end game items will be
crafted,  To me, that means crafters will have a minor role to loot. 
Am I being misled and crafter are more important in this game or do
crafters play a minor role?

2- Diplomacy, what is its objective?  Is it just to open areas of NPC cities to you or does it have a more dynamic role?

3- Are all cities NPC cities or can players create cities?

4- The PvP system, how will it work?

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
--In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
--The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
--CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

Comments

• grnyoswarjoegrnyoswarjoe Member Posts: 3
    1. What you heard of crafting is for the most part false, it is about 40%-50% and the only way to attain the best gear in the game is through using all of the sphers (adventuring, crafting and diplomacy).

2. Dunno, not much has been released on it but I do know it allws access to certain quests and it also allows you to see some very important officials in cities/towns that are unavailable through any other sphere.

3. Yes, there are player cities completely run by players dispite NPC merchants that players may emply at their houses to sell wares.

4. There will be pvp ruleset servers but other then that and duals, thisgame is for the most part focusing on PvE

• orkideaorkidea Member Posts: 73
    Well I'm glad that this game will be pretty much PvE cause I hate games that are only based nearly only on PvP for example where you can PK other players to gain items from them.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

1- I heard 15% of all end game items will be crafted,  To me, that means crafters will have a minor role to loot.  Am I being misled and crafter are more important in this game or do crafters play a minor role?

2- Diplomacy, what is its objective?  Is it just to open areas of NPC cities to you or does it have a more dynamic role?

3- Are all cities NPC cities or can players create cities?

4- The PvP system, how will it work?

1. This is a confusing one, but this might help. Most "High End" loot are actually components of crafting. There are "finished" high end loot as well, but they are not "better" for the most part. From what I've read, the spread is about 50/50.
    2. It effects EVERYTHING in the game. Basiclly, think of it as a complicated Faciton system, but one thats interactive, not just based on who you kill. For example, a King's Rep might ask you to kill a rival, but when you get to him, you have the option to attack or talk. If you were to choose to take, depending on the Dip Process (it's a minigame that you can expand based on your actions) he may ask you to join him. If you do so, you can imagine what the King's "Faction" will think of you, but you could also close one quest line to you while openning a new one.
    3. Player housing will be in the game at launch. Players cities will come shortly after. Think SWG, but with much better zoning & footprint rules to make the world flow a bit better.
    4. It will depend on the Server type / ruleset you choose, but basiclly on regular servers there will be PVP adventure zones. Think storming the castle, Faction V Faction. The discussions on the harder Ruleset Servers seem to be focused on using a PVE/PVP Bounty System for players that kill others out of those zones. It sounds like if you're a gamker, you'll be hunted like a dog. If you fight honorably, you'll gain a good NPC / Faction "reputation". Nothing has been offically released though, so this is all speculation & discussion.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Greetngs and well-met,

Well in response to the idea about servers where "gankers" will be hunted down like dogs, allow me to use 2 years experience on Lineage 2 as wisdom here.  It's a noble thing indeed to consider that evil deeds would be punishable and that those of us honorable players would be somehow rewarded for our efforts in hunting down and killing a "ganker".  I for one would like to see a jail system worked out where these "killstealers" and "greifers" could be aprehended and sent to a prison island or a place where they spend a certain amount of time working off and negative xp or, as in L2, "karma".  You do the crime...you do the time!

Now, that all said, the reality is that noone is really going to do anything about griefers or people that interrupt game play with PvP action against you while you are in mid-quest.  In fact, most probably there would be entire clans or guilds made up for the purpose of ganking as many newbies as possible or take an important questing area and shutting it down using force to keep it closed or some type of "taxing"/"renting" system paid to that guild as protection money for hunting there.  Sounds harsh, I know, but this is what happens from time to time on L2 servers.  Lineage 2 is an "open" PvP, so there is a possiblity of being interferred with at any time.  It's sad, but unfortunately on servers where there is an open PvP policy, there just isn't much questing or roleplaying gloing on.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Thank you for your answers.  I am interested in this game even though "the Beast" will be maintaining the servers...  I have come to the conclusion: if this game is a good "sand box" style game, then I must support it.  It would be hypocritcal of me not to.

I just pray Sigil has more control over CSR policy then "the Beast."

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.