Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's still LOSING not Loosing.

ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
From $OE's latest survey.

What prevents you from engaging in Player-versus-Player combat?

Nothing. I PvP all the time.

I’m still waiting for PvP battlefields.

PvE is more efficient for GCW point gains.

I’ve never been very good at PvP.

PvP fights are hard to find, IE no good venues.

Loosing in PvP is too punishing.

I wish PvP had more hardcore mechanics like item loss.

It’s too hard to defeat other players.

I play SWG to Role Play.

I play SWG for other non-combat game play

And we wonder why they f-ed up the game.

Goodnight and thank you.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Comments

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Forums are bad for grammar, m'kay.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Yep they think and write like twelve-year-olds. Give or take a few years. Just read ChrisCao's "Insult to the Community" and one can see the mind of a tweener in an adult (maybe) body.
  • wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Now, if Helios were Norwegian like me, I would understand that he can't type for shite.

then he would have spelling eeerrors, "dialect" wording and pretty much be..cool like me image

But he aint. He's "Boom Headshot Douglas" and...it shows.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Reading is bad, Lewinskies lead to promotions.  Just ask Nancy McIntyre.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by wolfmann
    Now, if Helios were Norwegian like me, I would understand that he can't type for shite. then he would have spelling eeerrors, "dialect" wording and pretty much be..cool like me image   But he aint. He's "Boom Headshot Douglas" and...it shows.
    Wolfmann my friend, this may come as a shock to you, but you seem pretty English/American to me (I apologize if that offends).  image  Your English communication skills dwarf many of the so called "educated" people I deal with on a daily basis.

Helios on the other hand....

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Originally posted by jrscott
    Originally posted by wolfmann
    Now, if Helios were Norwegian like me, I would understand that he can't type for shite. then he would have spelling eeerrors, "dialect" wording and pretty much be..cool like me image   But he aint. He's "Boom Headshot Douglas" and...it shows.
    Wolfmann my friend, this may come as a shock to you, but you seem pretty English/American to me (I apologize if that offends).  image  Your English communication skills dwarf many of the so called "educated" people I deal with on a daily basis.

Helios on the other hand....

I never suspected that he wasn't American or a non native English speaker.

My compliments, sir.

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by Shayde
    I play SWG to Role Play.

Goodnight and thank you.

Think about it this way, if they say they're "loosing" subscriptions,
    it isn't as bad as "losing" them.  It's how they put a happy face
    on their incredible failure.

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

Its indeed weird. When they write out to all there subscribers on the forum, and they cant spell right.

(Im not from America or England either)

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    How banal.

• WufaWufa Member Posts: 132

That's great! Nothing like editing things before you publish them. Way to go SOE!

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by Wufa
    That's great! Nothing like editing things before you publish them. Way to go SOE!
    What? The survey got pushed live without any fixes?

Say it isn't so! image

• BogdawsonBogdawson Member Posts: 202

Originally posted by Shayde

I play SWG to Role Play.

Goodnight and thank you.

in the survey they left of " do you not pvp because when you beat another player they claim your cheating"

"or if you loose, players are like hey i pawn this guys i'm the coolest ever, hey i pawned you, i pawned you" for the next hour.  

"or is there a lack of depth to combat so it is very pointless now, with out mind hits, action hits, states and the like "

There actually is rampant cheating in PvP.  There are people who have 2 or even more professions due to a respec bug.  I've seen medics cloak and Jedi drop gas clouds.  I've been outhealed by a Commando as a MEDIC in a 1 on 1 fight.  There were people bypassing timers on cyber arms that could do so because they had them equipped before a nerf publish.  There are people able to outrun you with you having force run active and they don't...

And now there are people able to overload their expertise points and get more than they should.

Why does all this go on?  Because the codebase is a rotten mess of kludge and quickfix built on top of a house of cards, and the Devs being incompetent.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    There actually is rampant cheating in PvP.  There are people who have 2 or even more professions due to a respec bug.  I've seen medics cloak and Jedi drop gas clouds.  I've been outhealed by a Commando as a MEDIC in a 1 on 1 fight.  There were people bypassing timers on cyber arms that could do so because they had them equipped before a nerf publish.  There are people able to outrun you with you having force run active and they don't...

And now there are people able to overload their expertise points and get more than they should.

Why does all this go on?  Because the codebase is a rotten mess of kludge and quickfix built on top of a house of cards, and the Devs being incompetent.

I think it's great.   I really do, I saw the screen shots from the in game messages...lol , all you can do is laugh at this point.

Each person that tells me this is all working fine, I just cringe... do to the fact they either have no clue what a polished game is or they are so blinded by SOE and the spin team that they cannot think for themselves.

See, the sad part is that this should have never got this far, it should have been fixed right the first time.   From the pre-CU days ... they needed to fix that, not change it in hopes or panic of loss.    That was thier mistake, keep changing things instead of fixing them... because not one NGEr is going to show me this is working.

I logged in to give a friend some spice.. (I have 75 crates of it lol) it was horried, I was able to fight my Barc as I tried to get off and on it with the CLUNK!  CLUNK! sound... I just have to see it to really believe how bad it is.

If it wasn't free I would not even think to pay them... sad I have it free and only logged in twice..lol  The game is shot.   It is just a mess of Jedi running around dueling now.. clicky Jedi trying to show thier big pants and just watching time go by.

There is no depth at all to the game anymore, no magic, no mystery at all and you can feel it... Just travel around... what people are left seem to be in a state of "Wait" or they are dueling lol....that part or line you hear of people "out questing" is utter bullshit.   That percentage is less then 1% if that.   People need to really go look around, really know the difference between a working product and bad one before they can see it though.

Some people think that 20 people in the Eisley Cantina is "good".... others have no clue what it was like... in fact I doubt they could even handle it.   I have screen shots of over 200 people just around the Coronet Cantina running around all over the place, from the med center to the Star Port...in the Port there was so much traffic people avoided it..

This is not SWG anymore, it is more or less a Star Wars based multiplayer Arcade style game for combat. 

As it was said before,  "SWG, what was once a world is now just a game".

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Funny thing that one.

It's been around since Beta. It's actually some speed software(Jus google around a bit, and you'll find what works...), that despite SOE knowing about it since the first "wahuh? that man ran faster than a rocket" report on the forum. They only "fixed" the most used ones...

I once tested one of the newer versions on SWG, tested every part of it, and wrote a huge report and sent it to SOE on /bug and as a mail that included the original software.

I tested it again, before I left the game, more than 2 years later...I could run faster than a swoop...So fast that terrain, cities, buildings..trees..quite simply, the game had trouble keeping up to me, and started to rubberband me sometimes up to 2000m. Ofcourse, no problem, as you can adjust the "speed" by a simple keyclick while playing and turn it down to a level where the game don't rubberband you...wich is twice as fast as a Swoop.

But to avoid suspicion, you only use it when you run from combat, are with other cheating friends or alone(Thats rather simple in todays SWG, as you're always alone heh).

Ehm, as I said, these have been around since Beta, and SOE stopped doing anything about the "least known" ones 1 year after launch, after they had cracked down on those that were used during the "OMG CHEATZERZ!" forum riots on Bria.

My mind is working overtime image

I remember a friend of mine, who used to work with databases..huge databases. Everytime SOE claimed a certain type of item "Exploit" and then had CSR's ban everyone caught using the items(with only a forum post as a warning..no ingame warning..so only 20%(SOE's own numbers) knew that it was an exploit), and had CSR's manually go in and delete the items from the owners...Well, my friend used to go ballistic and mutter real harsh words about people who had no frackin clue about how to use databases image

If he had worked for SOE/SWG, he would have simply made a database script, that had searched through the database, looking for said items(or other items that had bad stats), and adjusting them to legal stats. It would have taken him 5-10 minutes setting it up, and the whole deal would have been done within a day...No need for massive bannings, no need for warnings on the forums(20%?! haha), and no need to waste CSR time on tracking down the exploit warez.

Just for clarification. My friend worked for a company that ran bigger databases for way more users than SWG could dream of(even in the PRE-CU era).

Now, there are many items in the SWG database that are out of whack... Why not make a script that finds them and exchanges/adjusts them? Thats what others do. There's no need to let people use exploit items for months, and ban those that didn't read the forusm and didn't know it was an exploit(wich would be 80% of their players)...A few hours at most...

Have a old no timer heal cyberarm? No problem, next time you log in, that arm has been changed into a NGE arm.

The problem is the SOE Devs lack of competence is exceeded only by their laziness :)