Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game have crafting?

lol... sorry doing a little research, so if anyone knows enlighten me pls. And i mean real crafting, not go fetch ingredients for a scheme you drop on an npc and get an item rofl.

Comments

• trajan22trajan22 Member Posts: 91

yes.

Posted by Gaute (Game Director), 11th of July 2005, in Interview: RPG Vault Part 2 r
    There are many, many sets of armor, weapons, rings and other types of earthly goods to be gathered by the persistent traveler in Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures. The key guide to the uniquely slanted Hyborian loot is the darkness and violence of the universe. No pink trousers, no fairy-tale equipment. Realistically gritty or darker is our murky guiding star.

The requirements for wearing any type of equipment in Conan are locked by the feats given out every second level, and a massive chunk every five levels. These feats yield the different classes at various levels. As in any RPG, you can acquire equipment through quests, loot from monsters, shops and making them.

In Conan, the crafted equipment is slated to hold a very special place in the object hierarchy. The player-made items are the only ones where you can insert socket gems - thus their role will be that of flexibility and adaptability. The crafting system is a no-nonsense, quick approach where the focus is on being quick and usable, not quasi-realistic.

see also the game preview on crafting.

• darkblade568darkblade568 Member Posts: 12

yeah... that pretty much sums it up right there.

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

Originally posted by darkblade568
    yeah... that pretty much sums it up right there.
    Yeah that describes it pretty well!

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

And to make something clear:

Every prestige class has some crafting ability, but the crafter one has the most.

You can craft without being in a guild, but the highest teir of crafting you will beed to be in a Clan to access it..

And.. um... the best items in the game will be crafted, so no gay ass raid grinding for gear ala EQ/WoW

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• bugzonlsdbugzonlsd Member Posts: 410
    Great guys thanks for the info! now... for those of you who answered, do you htink this system is going to satisfy the many many people who craft primarily in mmos?
  • burrekburrek Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by bugzonlsd
    Great guys thanks for the info! now... for those of you who answered, do you htink this system is going to satisfy the many many people who craft primarily in mmos?
    There are many, many people who primarily craft in MMOs?

What sort of boring person would play an MMO to craft virtual items and get virtual money for their real work?

Originally posted by burrek

What sort of boring person would play an MMO to craft virtual items and get virtual money for their real work?

Sure, look at swg that game has lots of crafters on every server. I Take it you had some undesireable times with the crafting processes?

I dunno about many many, but contrary to burrtard's assish post I know quite I few people who love crafting almost more than anything else, and I think the "Crafter" prestige class will live up to that...

There are 4 teirs of crafting, and unlike other games where you have to craft 10,000 POS's and junk them to gain 1 crafting skill point, you will quest to gain your additional crafting levels...

I think it will be deep enough for craft fiends but approachable enough for people like me who will craft, then stop as soon as its boring or bothersome.

But one must remember the focus of the game is combat, and the city building, though you want crafts for that, its not going for the "deepest crafting system of all time" award

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

Originally posted by Sturmrabe

I dunno about many many, but contrary to burrtard's assish post I know quite I few people who love crafting almost more than anything else, and I think the "Crafter" prestige class will live up to that...
    There are 4 teirs of crafting, and unlike other games where you have to craft 10,000 POS's and junk them to gain 1 crafting skill point, you will quest to gain your additional crafting levels...
    I think it will be deep enough for craft fiends but approachable enough for people like me who will craft, then stop as soon as its boring or bothersome.
    But one must remember the focus of the game is combat, and the city building, though you want crafts for that, its not going for the "deepest crafting system of all time" award

Thats cool man thanks for the info, its good to know that atleast some mmos know that crafting does have its own following. I think its good that its approached in a way that anyone can enjoy it as well. Thats a plus for this game. It sounds like these developers know how to make crafting fun and integral to gameplay without having someone make thousands of useless items.

Right, its been important to me to find dedicated crafters for our Clan because so many people are PvP focused...

In all things a balance

imageimage

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

If crafting is done right (and it is usefull skill - like in SWG) I would be doing more crafting then questing. Open up my own shop, make a living... /sigh

I don't count that you head smashing pesents would understand this ::::02::

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • burrekburrek Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by DrSmaSh
    If crafting is done right (and it is usefull skill - like in SWG) I would be doing more crafting then questing. Open up my own shop, make a living... /sighI don't count that you head smashing pesents would understand this ::::02::

*yawns* Eh... you were saying something? ... Nevermind, better go and "craft" me some ale before my axe goes "questing" in your arse. image

::::02::

Would ye like some porkchops with that, lad? Atleast I think this is porkchops...

If crafting is done right (and it is usefull skill - like in SWG) I would be doing more crafting then questing. Open up my own shop, make a living... /sigh

I could never understand why anyone would want to craft. I can see now tho that it's going to be a very useful profession when it comes to building siege machines. And i don't plan on making my "living" crafting a chair...

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

I could never understand why anyone would want to craft. I can see now tho that it's going to be a very useful profession when it comes to building siege machines. And i don't plan on making my "living" crafting a chair...

As far as I am aware, no crafting system anywhere asked you to make furniture for a living. Mostly, as in this case as well, its equipment of various kinds.

As to why you would want to do so, for some the action itself is fun, but more often, its because its often the best way to make money.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

*yawns* Eh... you were saying something? ... Nevermind, better go and "craft" me some ale before my axe goes "questing" in your arse. image

Glad to see burrek is getting on everyone's case...Farbeit for anyone to think differently than him.image

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

Originally posted by Aelfinn

As far as I am aware, no crafting system anywhere asked you to make furniture for a living. Mostly, as in this case as well, its equipment of various kinds.
    As to why you would want to do so, for some the action itself is fun, but more often, its because its often the best way to make money.

First of all the chair part was a broad sarcastic remark, and second of all im sure its the best way to make money, but "I"(hint hint) would not want to, maybe fun to some people but in my opinion i couldn't do it.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by Aelfinn

First of all the chair part was a broad sarcastic remark, and second of all im sure its the best way to make money, but "I"(hint hint) would not want to, maybe fun to some people but in my opinion i couldn't do it.

Just wanted to make sure. Sometimes it seems scarcasm is lost on the internet, I think someones just joking around, and turns out he was dead serious all along.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

What crafting systems in which games have you done?
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Um, me? And I'm not boring. Not at all. Okay...maybe a little...but...

Well some of you drem of going out in to the world and smashing some mob and looting the "epix". While some of us dream of opening our own shop, trading raw material and making goods out of it. Doing buisness and helping others. If you kill a mob you didn't really do that much. He will just respawn sooner or later. But if you give a weapon or a potion to some one... it may save his life and help him on his way to the glory ::::02::

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

What sort of boring person would play an MMO to go around hitting virtual mobs with virtual weapons to get virtual money for their work? image

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.