Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye

AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

No matter how fun it was, it has to end.

Tonight, with the IoPs coming live soon I decide this game was dead, for good.  Not to mention the evil of the raiding in CoH that is progressing.  That a vocal minority enjoys the unfair bonuses it grants.

Raiding kills grouping, and I won't bear any game that has any form of reward linked to raiding that grant a bonus in grouping, over peoples who group.  BEST GROUPERS DESERVE TO BE GROUPERS!  Not raiding, not doctors, not astronauts, but freaking groupers!

I don't mind leaving the MMOs for a few years if needed.  Eventually a MMO will understand and then I will really enjoy it.

Now I will go drink, it is less bad than I*&%/* raiding!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Comments

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75
    Mate, it will be sad to see you go! I wish you well and all the best with whatever you do, and untill next time.image

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Originally posted by Anofalye
    No matter how fun it was, it has to end.   Tonight, with the IoPs coming live soon I decide this game was dead, for good.  Not to mention the evil of the raiding in CoH that is progressing.  That a vocal minority enjoys the unfair bonuses it grants.   Raiding kills grouping, and I won't bear any game that has any form of reward linked to raiding that grant a bonus in grouping, over peoples who group.  BEST GROUPERS DESERVE TO BE GROUPERS!  Not raiding, not doctors, not astronauts, but freaking groupers!   I don't mind leaving the MMOs for a few years if needed.  Eventually a MMO will understand and then I will really enjoy it.   Now I will go drink, it is less bad than I*&%/* raiding!  image

So the raiding takes another victim. Sad sad thing , when will developers wisen up ?

And when people that actually liked the game so much like you leave... well that is just sad.

But hey, see you in NWN2 mate image

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

hey I agree CoX is dead (I canceled my subscription after all my Villain supergroup members switched to heroes/quit). But I'm not sure I understand, did you quit because of the 8 man raiding Hamidon raids or because of the IoP raids? I've nevr done either. I got pissed because of the limited respecs, limited choices (can only get 24 powers), and lack of pvp (I dont consider lowbie pvp a viable solution and Villains just dont perform well in Arena). Oh yeah I got tired of all the instancing as well. I also felt it was too tacky that only ATs that seemed to benefit any raid is Radiation Defender/corrupter, Stone Tanker/Brute, and Kinetics Defender/Corrupter. They made the GMs / AVs so hard that raids wont fit anyone else into their groups. So, not getting to go at all was a huge blow. WoW end game is sickening too but at least I got to attend raids with my shaman.

However CoX can still be fun for folks that dont mind rolling a bunch of alts. my problem was im very fond of my 50 em/ela brute. I dont want to reroll. so for now i've canceled. Gonna get caught up on my other titles then possibly return later

Yeah cant wait for NWN2 got it preordered

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by vajuras

hey I agree CoX is dead (I canceled my subscription after all my Villain supergroup members switched to heroes/quit). But I'm not sure I understand, did you quit because of the 8 man raiding Hamidon raids or because of the IoP raids? I've nevr done either. I got pissed because of the limited respecs, limited choices (can only get 24 powers), and lack of pvp (I dont consider lowbie pvp a viable solution and Villains just dont perform well in Arena).

Well, the IoP are going to be enforced on every players.  The Hamidon raiding is just the last event that boil me to leave...even if it is only in CoH, there are interactions in CoV as well...

Althought the LRSF was based on luck rather than anything else, it was heading in the right direction.  Or could have been easier, but hard wasn't the problem, the fact it relly all on luck was the problem.  image  If it has to be luck, then it should be more sensible to players, have 2 possible ending, draw at random, 1 with the heavy reward, 1 with something else, would have been better than how they handle the last pull.  Maybe I didn't understand something however, in which case all I said is void, but I fear I understand it all too well.  But 3 hours of trying to pull it right isn't exactly a good design.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

I never have and never intend to participate in an IoP trial or the resulting PvP raids - mainly because I run many small SGs with few players and many alts each. And besides, last I'd checked the bonuses from them were pretty lousy anyway.

It seems to me this will mainly affect those players who already group almost exclusively with their SG. And since by definition I'm not teaming with those people, it doesn't affect me. What am I not understanding?

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

It affect every player.  Granted that casuals may, or not, care about it, since they may or not get to that point where it affect them.  But I am no casual, I have 4 characters that are directly affected by this.  Again, some peoples may not care if they are weakers.  I do, and I know I am not alone.  I wouldn't care if it wouldn't be affecting me, but it is, peoples will be better than me, in PvE grouping, by doing non-PvE grouping activities.

If I want to be the BEST for PvE grouping tasks, I have to get in a SG with the IoPs, I must acquire the HOs (CoH side) and everything else such as accolades.  Not to mention the Shivans and Nukes, which is another mistake, putting them in a PvP zone isn't acceptable from a PvE progression point of view.

Thinking it doesn't affect me is wrong.  I can bear the LRSF, even if I think it could have been designed in another way that is better for players, such as having only 5% chances of getting the ending you want, at least the player don't keep trying to pull the same stuff for 3 hours then have to abandon since some folks are leaving (can't blame them).

Every % matters.  IoP could have been worked to give bigger bonuses that doesn't work unless you are involved in PvP, then I wouldn't have care, but since they affect PvE, IoPs affect me.

EDIT: At release of CoH, it doesn't have all these mistakes, but building a mistake over another mistake is not helping this game as it age...badly.  Even the accolades are wrong, although in that case, I am not the right person to give advices, since I looooove them...but I can recognize that they are wrong, some of my casuals friends left CoH because of these accolades.  Maybe the accolades could have just affect the Strike Forces, not the regular game, I would still have been extremely happy to earn them, especially if you increase the bonus they give, even if it only work inside Strike Forces...but again, I am not the person who dislike the accolades, have to see how casuals would have tolerate them and still feel that the game was wonderful, the Task Forces seems right to me, but again, I just loooove the accolades.  image

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Well, even in a good SG, I find the return on content versus the time we put in to earning Prestige not worth it.  I can't justify the extra content I get from a base versus what it takes for us to get a decorative bush, let alone a teleporter or heaven forbid trying to get one of the larger plots(when I saw those costs....image). 
  • FuturiasFuturias Member Posts: 27

No matter how fun it was, it has to end. <snip>

I am taking a break as well.  I know they want to release updates quicker but it seems there are always some tech issues.  There just isn't anything else that I really want to play right now(for some reason I'm having a hard time getting into Elder Scrolls:Oblivion).  At the same time, the same content always wears thin after about 2 months so these 6-8 months between releases are very frustrating.
  • bethystewbethystew Member Posts: 5
    Good luck to you guys leaving!
  • vctrcombsvctrcombs Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Futurias
    I am taking a break as well.  I know they want to release updates quicker but it seems there are always some tech issues.  There just isn't anything else that I really want to play right now(for some reason I'm having a hard time getting into Elder Scrolls:Oblivion).  At the same time, the same content always wears thin after about 2 months so these 6-8 months between releases are very frustrating.

I also just quit this game because of the glitches.  I think I might switch to Neverwinter Nights.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Tonight, with the IoPs coming live soon I decide this game was dead, for good.  Not to mention the evil of the raiding in CoH that is progressing.  That a vocal minority enjoys the unfair bonuses it grants.

Raiding kills grouping, and I won't bear any game that has any form of reward linked to raiding that grant a bonus in grouping, over peoples who group.  BEST GROUPERS DESERVE TO BE GROUPERS!  Not raiding, not doctors, not astronauts, but freaking groupers!

I don't mind leaving the MMOs for a few years if needed.  Eventually a MMO will understand and then I will really enjoy it.

Now I will go drink, it is less bad than I*&%/* raiding!  image

Rigid thinking leads to inflexible behaviour. 

Why the need to have this type of drama post? Don't like the party, just leave don't make a grand exit out of it.  But then you don't get your neediness taken care of and you get the thrill of pushing your ideals onto others. lol.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558
    IMO, the game was dead when they said they were not going to go beyond the current max level. That was said a long time ago, and when characters can't gain levels in a level based system, you are at an end.
  • javiergt20javiergt20 Member Posts: 2
    Good Luckk guuyss !!!

• MXOfanMXOfan Member Posts: 14

Hello,

This is the game I tried a couple times.

Although I love the character creation and the world itself, it gets very stale after a few weeks.

I quit came back and then just quit again. It just doesn't hold my attention anymore.

I hope you find a good MMO to play in the meantime.

Good Luck Mate!