Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diplomacy = Card game???

2»

Comments

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Taken out of context sure. But if you read the thread, that person seems to believe that him disagreeing with me will place me into a coma.
    It was a response to that statement. I do care what others think, just not to that degree. and my second response was still not an upset one. I’m just tired of responses like that and was making a sarcastic response to a typical close-minded response you get from avid fans of this game.  Because apparently, if you dislike one feature or thing about Vanguard, you MUST hate the game entirely.

Thanks.

I stand corrected.  Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

• What wrong with it being like a card game?  MTG is a great game.  Just don't make an "Uber World peace and love through out the entire world" card that drops in a raid instance.

Actually now that I think about it if it is card game like how would add "progression" to it?  If your diplomacy ramps up the way items do in EQ clones I predict it will be stupid.  I suppose there are ranks within MTG, but any super creature equivlent better have serious downsides like a Leviathan destroying land cards etc.

If it is card game like, then I hope they have the sense to follow the precepts of good card games.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by gestalt11
    What wrong with it being like a card game?  MTG is a great game.  Just don't make an "Uber World peace and love through out the entire world" card that drops in a raid instance.

Actually now that I think about it if it is card game like how would add "progression" to it?  If your diplomacy ramps up the way items do in EQ clones I predict it will be stupid.  I suppose there are ranks within MTG, but any super creature equivlent better have serious downsides like a Leviathan destroying land cards etc.

If it is card game like, then I hope they have the sense to follow the precepts of good card games.

I don’t know, maybe its because I wasn’t the right age when the collectable card game become all the "rage". Magic and the like are not my thing, Im of the tail end of the DnD generation. Not the pokey on, magic, yougeo (sp) collectible card game era.

I tried them once, and felt they were just not that fun, and i would rather be playing DnD than throwing money art a pack of cards hoping to get a better deck than the next guy.... (Same way I feel about buying game items for RW cash).

I’m pretty sure, with exceptions, that the EQ era old mmoers are of the same age group and most likely feel like I do because we were not apart of that era.Not trying to speak for anyone here.

It just dosn't appeal to me in anyway. Other than " Oh god *Sigh* Not that crap. ".

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Its just a new thing to grind up... its for all those people who get to max level then start doing AA's...

Someone like blood that is at max level and never had an interest in Diplomacy would then be more likely to give it a try when the have nothing else to do... and keep paying that monthly fee...

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

Originally posted by Sturmrabe
    Its just a new thing to grind up... its for all those people who get to max level then start doing AA's... Someone like blood that is at max level and never had an interest in Diplomacy would then be more likely to give it a try when the have nothing else to do... and keep paying that monthly fee...

well, I’m a more social player, so when i heard that Vanguard was going to have
    diplomacy, i was quite excited.

When i found out it was just a card game..... I became very disappointed.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

Its just a new thing to grind up... its for all those people who get to max level then start doing AA's...
    Someone like blood that is at max level and never had an interest in Diplomacy would then be more likely to give it a try when the have nothing else to do... and keep paying that monthly fee...

well, I’m a more social player, so when i heard that Vanguard was going to have diplomacy, i was quite excited.

And one that the only real purpose is to play against NPCs to get new info or whatever... newver really got into it as it was bugged as Hel when I played...

But a lot of the time you "beat" an NPC to pump him for info he would not have normally given you or somesuch bull

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

Its just a new thing to grind up... its for all those people who get to max level then start doing AA's... Someone like blood that is at max level and never had an interest in Diplomacy would then be more likely to give it a try when the have nothing else to do... and keep paying that monthly fee...

well, I’m a more social player, so when i heard that Vanguard was going to have diplomacy, i was quite excited.

And one that the only real purpose is to play against NPCs to get new info or whatever... newver really got into it as it was bugged as Hel when I played...

But a lot of the time you "beat" an NPC to pump him for info he would not have normally given you or somesuch bull

What is that last sentence saying?

----------

How are you?" -Me

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

What is that last sentence saying?

In diplomacy, if you "win" against an NPC, he will reveal information to you he previously would have kept guarded.